Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #2,041 of 4,743

VSD5 will serve better.

I have not heard the VSD5 so I don't know. I don't even know why you say it serves better and for what.

I am just saying the FXT-90 has a similar sound and performs very close to the Titans. Although it doesn't quite reach the transients of the Titan for genres like slow rock, it fills the soundstage in a more convincing manner than the Titans but I think this trade off is more than fair.
The titans FR cavity just above the mid-bass doesn't give it an enveloping stage like with the FXT90. Also the treble is brighter with a peak much before the Titan, while the Titan has a peak somewhere around 9.5KHz-11KHz, the FXT 90 has a peak around 8 KHz, which makes it more sibilant but still equally detailed.

So my point is with similar genres, FXT-90 is equally good if not more preferred from my subjective judgment. After all they are one of the early Dual Drivers with no X-over to enter the market and for me they possess an unprecedented value all around. I would buy them again if I had the funds.

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #2,042 of 4,743
I will advice anyone on budget to just get vc02 and use them with triple flanges.

Results---0 sibilance which is a rarity for vsonic sets,,almost neutral,,very good bass(better punch than gr07 maybe due to better seal) and most important a fully vaccum seal that i am yet to experience with any other iem.

Maybe the shape/size of vc02 helps,i don't know but results are simply unbelievable.I have never praised an iem before but triple flanges u are in heaven with vc02.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #2,044 of 4,743
Triple flanges might not work for everyone though. Haven't tried the VC02, but I found them very annoying on the ER4P coupled with the rather deep insertion to get that much praised sound and seal that the Etys are so highly regarded for.

I understand what u mean by pain,,trust me find appropriate triple flanges and bear the pain for a day or two.................u will thank me later.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #2,045 of 4,743

I understand what u mean by pain,,trust me find appropriate triple flanges and bear the pain for a day or two.................u will thank me later.

Exactly, but i wonder if pain is involved, its a bit annoying first time around, if you get used to it, you will be asking for it.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #2,046 of 4,743

Exactly, but i wonder if pain is involved, its a bit annoying first time around, if you get used to it, you will be asking for it.

u cannot bear simple single flange ever..................its so radical.

If it happened with 40$ iem ie vc02,imagine the impact on etymotic er4s
rolleyes.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #2,047 of 4,743
Tend to disagree. I could never bear triple fangs ever. Possibly because the shape of my ear canals or the iems I have owned.

In my personal opinion triple fangs do give you that added oomph initially but with due course you realize the music (especially) vocals were never meant to sound like that.

PS: only items I have tried extensively are Shure 215se, nuforce ne6 and I own a triple fi 10. So impressions might be limited.

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #2,048 of 4,743
Tend to disagree. I could never bear triple fangs ever. Possibly because the shape of my ear canals or the iems I have owned.

In my personal opinion triple fangs do give you that added oomph initially but with due course you realize the music (especially) vocals were never meant to sound like that.

PS: only items I have tried extensively are Shure 215se, nuforce ne6 and I own a triple fi 10. So impressions might be limited.

Try an ETY. cheaper one like mk5. They will come with foam and glider tips too.

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #2,050 of 4,743
A lot of people report that the custom tips change the sound (for the worse) on the etys.I bookmarked the link ages ago, will try digging it up and posting it here. Great IEMs though, even with just the foam tips that anyone can use. Always wanted a pair but I find myself with no money when that ety urge comes along. They've raised prices a bit too if I'm not mistaken in the last few years. Current dollar rates rule out any purchases for me!

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #2,051 of 4,743
A lot of people report that the custom tips change the sound (for the worse) on the etys.I bookmarked the link ages ago, will try digging it up and posting it here. Great IEMs though, even with just the foam tips that anyone can use. Always wanted a pair but I find myself with no money when that ety urge comes along. They've raised prices a bit too if I'm not mistaken in the last few years. Current dollar rates rule out any purchases for me!

I had bought ER-4p for really cheap, I think one should try shure tips, they improve the sound Too.

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #2,053 of 4,743

The ER4 is a bit of a legend. I think the current prices are all north of $250 which is a lot considering its a single BA design.

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #2,054 of 4,743

The ER4 is a bit of a legend. I think the current prices are all north of $250 which is a lot considering its a single BA design.

Dont let a single BA fool you, sometimes, a single driver can out do Multiple driver setups. Let it be ER-4p, FAD heaven IV or VI and in dynamics, EX1000. (TOTLs still rocking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back