Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,861 of 4,743
  Sorry, I don't think they have it. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-hm5-velor-memory-foam-replacements-earpads-suitable-for-many-other-branded-large-over-the-ear-headphones-akg-hifiman-ath-philips-fostex/reviews/12253

Are you sure? They dont have these?

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #1,863 of 4,743
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-hm5-velor-memory-foam-replacements-earpads-suitable-for-many-other-branded-large-over-the-ear-headphones-akg-hifiman-ath-philips-fostex/reviews/12253

Are you sure? They dont have these?

I want the pleather ones. They last much longer and I use my M50 for movies and stuff so I really need that V-signature.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #1,864 of 4,743
Titan 1s massaging my ear with music at the moment
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,865 of 4,743
Has anyone here had first hand experience with products like Schiit's Wyrd or the iFi iPurifier. They apparently "clean up" USB signals and reduce noise.

I'm quite sceptical about the benefits, but I noticed a decent number of people in Singapore buy them, judging by the used sales threads and also from what I see when I visit stores. This isn't saying much since people here go crazy for FOTM products quite often, but I'm not sure if these really fall into such a category. 

I picked up the Emotiva miniX a-100 that @kothganesh suggested for the HE4. I also picked up the Oppo HA-1 to power the LCD2F and to serve as a DAC for the HE4 as well. The setup sounds fine as it is and I don't intend on buying anything more at them moment. Still very curious about the two aforementioned products. 

My portable rig will be on sale soon if anyone's interested :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,867 of 4,743
  Has anyone here had first hand experience with products like Schiit's Wyrd or the iFi iPurifier. They apparently "clean up" USB signals and reduce noise.

I'm quite sceptical about the benefits, but I noticed a decent number of people in Singapore buy them, judging by the used sales threads and also from what I see when I visit stores. This isn't saying much since people here go crazy for FOTM products quite often, but I'm not sure if these really fall into such a category. 

I picked up the Emotiva miniX a-100 that @kothganesh suggested for the HE4. I also picked up the Oppo HA-1 to power the LCD2F and to serve as a DAC for the HE4 as well. The setup sounds fine as it is and I don't intend on buying anything more at them moment. Still very curious about the two aforementioned products. 

My portable rig will be on sale soon if anyone's interested :)

I use the Wyrd with the Bifrost Uber DAC. To my ears, it did clean up some of the graininess that the Uber had as a standalone. No question. The Wyrd is reportedly very good with the Modi but this is only second-hand knowledge. I did not hear that much of a difference at all with the Wyrd and Gungnir. when I paired them together.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,868 of 4,743
  Titan 1s massaging my ear with music at the moment
bigsmile_face.gif

Wow aya you bought Titans? Lot of good talks about these lately. Hope you are extremely happy with your purchase :D

Oh btw E7 got KitKat, just in case if you missed the news :wink:

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,869 of 4,743
  Wow aya you bought Titans? Lot of good talks about these lately. Hope you are extremely happy with your purchase :D

Oh btw E7 got KitKat, just in case if you missed the news :wink:

Thanks for the update on the Kitkat... Looks like there is UI update.  

Yes, I got the Dunu Titan 1. But the highlights of the week were the KEF LS50 Bookshelves I heard. My god they were something. I also heard the HD650 out of a Roksan M2 and M-DAC.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #1,870 of 4,743

The LS50s...some of the best sounding things I heard in a while. They are Euro 999/- when released but now going for Euro 495 for White cabinet with Blue Drivers after the Blade and reference series by KEF.

They are driven thru a Synology Diskstation ds213j, which connects via USB to the Audiolab M-DAC to the Roksan Caspian M-2 to the LS50s.

The soundstage was just spectacular. I think such speakers are better investment than Headphones like the HD650 which retailed for Euro 380.00 here.

Onto the HD650, I loved the Sub-bass of the HD650 and the detailing was really good but the soundstage compared to the DT990 Pro for eg. was small in size both width and depth. Its definitely more neutral and polite and mids have a lot of body. Given that superior sound is our utmost goal, even over convenience, I cannot understand how the HD650's are an upgrade to the DT990s for eg. when the LS50s go for a few dollars more.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #1,871 of 4,743

The LS50s...some of the best sounding things I heard in a while. They are Euro 999/- when released but now going for Euro 495 for White cabinet with Blue Drivers after the Blade and reference series by KEF.

They are driven thru a Synology Diskstation ds213j, which connects via USB to the Audiolab M-DAC to the Roksan Caspian M-2 to the LS50s.

The soundstage was just spectacular. I think such speakers are better investment than Headphones like the HD650 which retailed for Euro 380.00 here.

Onto the HD650, I loved the Sub-bass of the HD650 and the detailing was really good but the soundstage compared to the DT990 Pro for eg. was small in size both width and depth. Its definitely more neutral and polite and mids have a lot of body. Given that superior sound is our utmost goal, even over convenience, I cannot understand how the HD650's are an upgrade to the DT990s for eg. when the LS50s go for a few dollars more.

do you think speakers are a better investment? a nice bookshelf here goes around for 15-20 k but entire system requires lot more.

they definitely offer better soundstage. actual image and all.

also dont compare with 650 in equation. its pretty overpriced i think. but good hp no doubt. i think 990 should match 650 in terms of resolution atleast.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #1,872 of 4,743

Thanks for the update on the Kitkat... Looks like there is UI update.  

Yes, I got the Dunu Titan 1. But the highlights of the week were the KEF LS50 Bookshelves I heard. My god they were something. I also heard the HD650 out of a Roksan M2 and M-DAC.

There's more to it actually. Do update it when you get time.

That's good to know! 

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,874 of 4,743
Hey guys i am from pune.I feel very happy for this thread, der is good fellowship for audio gear here in india .hey suman howz you man !!

I own a xonar dx ,AT M35,Brainwavz M1

Its not mine to, but Welcome, i hope you like the M1 and m35.

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #1,875 of 4,743
Any recommendations on how I can get Spinfit / sony hybrids eartips in India? 

Also, will appreciate opinions on Monster Super Foam and Gel tips.  I am undecided due to mixed reviews.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back