Rogue Audio RH-5 Impression Thread
Jan 23, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #436 of 718
That's what I did too. Also, I have to admit I prefer the new VC with the Rogue. It tightens the bass up. The bass with the Pendant is kinda bloomy and undefined. Not the case with the RH-5. It's very well defined, tight and digs deep. If I didn't have the RH-5 I would be fine listening on the Pendant though. I'm listening on it right now actually. Love both amps. Haven't tried different tubes in the Pendant yet. That might change things. So many options!
Switched to the BE pads and that tightened up the bass on the Pendant. The BE pads also bring the mids forward a bit with the RH-5. Didn't have to change tubes

Jan 25, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #437 of 718
I have been enjoying my RH-5 so much lately, that I decided it was time to see how much I can improve the sound with another power cable upgrade. I have a Pangea AC14SE MkII and an Audioquest NRG-Z3 and both those power cords are great, with the Pangea being more neutral and the Audioquest being a bit fuller/warmer in the lower mids. As for the new power cord I have coming, it's from Audio Envy and is the Ocean Elite 3p. I am pumped to give this one a try, as I have it on good authority the AE stuff is next level and compares to stuff costing much much more. If I like this power cable from AE, I am going to try their interconnects next, as I hear nothing but great things about those as well. I will report back on my findings after the cable has been received and burned in. . .

For those that are into cables, I am curious what everyone is using for the power cord, and interconnects?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #438 of 718
I have been enjoying my RH-5 so much lately, that I decided it was time to see how much I can improve the sound with another power cable upgrade. I have a Pangea AC14SE MkII and an Audioquest NRG-Z3 and both those power cords are great, with the Pangea being more neutral and the Audioquest being a bit fuller/warmer in the lower mids. As for the new power cord I have coming, it's from Audio Envy and is the Ocean Elite 3p. I am pumped to give this one a try, as I have it on good authority the AE stuff is next level and compares to stuff costing much much more. If I like this power cable from AE, I am going to try their interconnects next, as I hear nothing but great things about those as well. I will report back on my findings after the cable has been received and burned in. . .

For those that are into cables, I am curious what everyone is using for the power cord, and interconnects?
From Morrow Audio:
90921C54-A949-4FDB-9808-E4BFAA1D349C.jpeg
35DBE85F-A8BA-4C13-97D1-C728B67F34B9.jpeg
116799E9-804D-4C76-9F35-48FF3771C863.jpeg

Jan 25, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #439 of 718
From Morrow Audio:
That's the other company I have been looking at, but I went with Audio Envy because they use OCC copper. I noticed Morrow uses Silver Plated Copper, of which I am not a fan of in my system. However, I have read great stuff about them too.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #440 of 718
That's the other company I have been looking at, but I went with Audio Envy because they use OCC copper. I noticed Morrow uses SPC, of which I am not a fan of in my system. However, I have read great stuff about them too.
The ones above are 3N OFC (edited)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #441 of 718
The ones above are 3N OCC
Silver plated though right? At least that's what I am seeing on their site. I also, don't see any mention of OCC? I see them talking about OFC though. . .

Screenshot_20220125-102514_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #442 of 718
Silver plated though right? At least that's what I am seeing on their site. I also, don't see any mention of OCC? I see them talking about OFC though. . .

Screenshot_20220125-102514_Chrome.jpg
Not silver plated…but yes, OFC…me 🙊

Jan 25, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #443 of 718
Not silver plated…but yes, OFC…me 🙊
Got ya, and good to know. Now that I know they don't use Silver Plating, I might give them a try at some point.

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #444 of 718
I’m using an Audio Quest NRG-2 power cable and WBC (Worlds Best Cables) xlr made with Amphenol connectors and Gotham cable

Jan 25, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #445 of 718
I’m using an Audio Quest NRG-2 power cable and WBC (Worlds Best Cables) xlr made with Amphenol connectors and Gotham cable.
POW! ZAP! Holy electron, did you call the commissioner? This looks interesting 🤨

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #447 of 718
I’ve done a couple of tube changes since purchasing the amp, and find that the cumbersome procedure helps me be less neurotic about tube rolling. I think if it were easier to do it, all I’d be doing is changing the tubes and not enjoying the music in the process.
Right there with you.

Jan 27, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #448 of 718
As challenging as it might be to roll tubes, don't let that keep you from seeing if it's greener on the other side. . .I sure am glad I rolled in these Funkwerk Erfurt ECC82 Foil Getters (earliest version w/ single getter post from 58'). My Atticus sound insanely good with this tube in the RH-5, and I am enjoying the music much more as a result. :o2smile:

In all honesty, it's actually not that difficult once you do it a couple of times and figure out where to hold/put pressure and the angle to pull from. I put pressure on the socket with my left hand thumb and index finger, while rocking the tube front to back (facing the amp) with my right hand, and they roll right out with ease. This amp really responds well to tube rolling, and it's definitely worth the effort in my opinion.

Happy Rolling and Listening.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #450 of 718
My RFTs landed in NY! Won’t be much longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back