The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #2,476 of 88,899
Perci has patches of Traillii level greatness to be sure...but at the end of the day it didn't really jive for me on the whole.
For me it beats the Solaris in every way except the lower kids and slightly more fatiguing. But only on the hugo. It’s a bit bland on the Dave oddly but Dave is quite neutral.

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #2,477 of 88,899
Holocene out for delivery today! Nothing like a CFA unboxing experience to look forward to to brighten your day.

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #2,478 of 88,899
Personally, I think the U6t sounded really good. Perhaps even better than the U18s in terms of tonality. U18s and U6t are the only two IEMs I like from 64 Audio. And considering its price (there is currently one used for sale in the classifieds for $1050) it's well-worth looking at for its value and unique sound quality. The U6t didn't sound 'lifeless' at all, it's very well-tuned technically, and I'd even rate it an 8/10 equal to the Baldr and RS10 tonally. BA bass quality is excellent, it's very much alike a single DD down low. Deep reach, and big size. It's one of the better BA bass I've heard, and unlike the BAs on the V14, which pushes a lot of air and focuses more primarily on simple amount, the U6t bass has much higher quality. I retried the mids again today, and on female vocal tracks too they sounded great. With some added expansiveness of its soundstage (and maybe APEX module effect), listening to them felt pretty immersive and I suspect even more enjoyable in a quieter environment. It's not 'faultless' and as boring as the U12t, more lively and natural in timbre. And resolution was pretty high as well, more detailed than the Nio, but still less than U18s as expected

This is all very exciting man. For a while now I've wanted a 64 IEM in my collection but none I've tried have really connected with me. I was REALLY hoping there was more to the teaser advertisements they were putting out earlier this year than another re-branding of older IEMs. 64 Audio hasn't released a truly new product in the 3 almost years I've been active here and I thought that was finally going to end. Your impressions here are very encouraging and the 6t is definitely now on my high alert curiosity list.

That said, I'm having a trouble now picking out which IEM to purchase next, either the Turii or U6t.. Both similarly priced. But I'd be buying the Turii blind, cos there's no demo.

Or perhaps whatever is being hinted at in that Oriolus teaser :D

The N3Pro is almost 100% a 'yes' :)

Yup it's a no-brainer a the cost...I'm rather addicted to the sound it puts out through the tube linear mode.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #2,479 of 88,899
This is all very exciting man. For a while now I've wanted a 64 IEM in my collection but none I've tried have really connected with me. I was REALLY hoping there was more to the teaser advertisements they were putting out earlier this year than another re-branding of older IEMs. 64 Audio hasn't released a truly new product in the 3 almost years I've been active here and I thought that was finally going to end. Your impressions here are very encouraging and the 6t is definitely now on my high alert curiosity list.

Or perhaps whatever is being hinted at in that Oriolus teaser :D

Yup it's a no-brainer a the cost...I'm rather addicted to the sound it puts out through the tube linear mode.
Yep, it's a baby N8 with slightly more engaging mids. N8 has a more spacious soundstage, and cleaner more resolving sound. But it's less forward and engaging in the mids. I personally like the N3Pro better. That tube magic is second to the R01 board

The new tease seems interesting. We need to urge Andrew for he's our key. I hope that it's going to be released soon next month or so, and that a demo will be available. Will def get my a- to the store ASAP, and share impressions. HK and Japan should get them first, maybe

I somewhat like the multi-BA RS10 better through solid-state, and hybrid EST Baldr through tube mode. There's something to the character of each sound that compliments one kind more

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #2,480 of 88,899
taken-1628693981077-edit-47305358521427.jpg

This hard case used to be Oriolus Finschi's, the entry $200 model
Would you believe that? 😯
I still use it now since 2018, it's very durable and it keeps your IEM + cable still in place

Hopefully the next IEM coming from Oriolus would come with a case

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #2,481 of 88,899
N3Pro just received.

1628695082146.png

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #2,482 of 88,899
Sound Nice on Triode mode as DAC with TriStar Sea, at night I´ll test it with Elys

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,483 of 88,899
Time to release the Graphene pigtail 4.4mm to 3.5mm from XINHS

1628696374069.png

Aug 11, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #2,485 of 88,899
Can anyone recommend a warm and bassy copper cable under $500.00? I was looking at PWaudio No 5, 4 and 8 strand, but not sure if there are better alternatives? As dark, warm, and with as much bass lift as I can get. Just starting to tear into reviews, but actual experience would be better. Thanks for any suggestions.

Aug 11, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #2,487 of 88,899
How sensitive are the Holocene?

Looking at it from the numbers. Andromeda 2020 is >100dB while the Holocene is 94dB.

What is your experience?

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #2,488 of 88,899
What is your experience?

Pretty sensitive-- I detect a bit of hiss out of bal on the n3Pro but none out of the tube out or out of the M8.

In other news here are some preliminary impressions:

9030702D-776B-4453-9DDA-7D60E8FC0311.JPEG

On the whole they put forward a really nice balanced non-fatiguing presentation. Bass is better than I was expecting-- it's about on part with Andromeda. Highs are clear & non-fatiguing. It's a nice full and enveloping presentation-- timbre across the board is nice and natural and doesn't leave me noticing any any "BA-ness". Stage is decently wide, deep & tall but don't expect Andro, Solaris or even Oriolus Reborn level holographic staging. I don't know if it's just that I've been spoiled by Oriolus and their magic mid-range tuning but the mids on Holocene were neither as clear nor as open as I was hoping. Vocal & instrumental timbre is really nice but the midrange on the whole feels a bit hazy to me. I switched over to the Shanling M8 and went to work on some EQ. For my preferences right now I feel the Holocene really benefits from EQ-- and an EQ profile basically inverted from what I apply to the Reborn. Dropping the mid-bass a dash then boosting 2 & 4K by a couple DB each cleans the mid-range right up and sounds great to my ears. Whether or not this will remain a keeper in my collection remains to be seen-- at As with all things YMMV.

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #2,489 of 88,899
I wondered why you had to have the Holocene. Did not seem to be your DD driven IEM like the new VE EXT. That's what I want for Christmas, DD bass and DD mids.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #2,490 of 88,899
Time to release the Graphene pigtail 4.4mm to 3.5mm from XINHS

1628696374069.png
Nothing like a new toy to play with!

I'd be interested to get your thoughts on this vs L&P W2, as I've been thinking about either of these (or possibly the mythical Mojo2) to pair up with iPhone on the go at some stage, tia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back