Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Mar 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #947 of 1,205
Quote:
I have been hearing conflicting reports as to if the Sony Hybrid eartips fits the R50. Can anybody confirm?

They are definitely wider than is meant for the R-50s.  I find them unusable as the tips would push in towards the body until the point at which the canal plastic was even with the ends of the tips... Not good in my opinion.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #948 of 1,205
Just got the product today, been testing it for about an hour now. First of all I am a little bit impressed by it's sound quality. The things that wowed me the most was how analytic it was. The sound stage was overall quite impressive also. The stock tips are giving me some troubles though. I find this iem to be bass-light. Instrumental/Voice separation was also very good. The highs were great.

I really think I will enjoy this iem for daily listening outdoors, to complement for the HD 600's I listen to at home.

Comparing this iem to the HD 600, I can tell that this iem is more analytic than the HD 600. The instrumental separation is also IMO a little bit better. However the vocals IMO doesn't seem to match the level of the HD 600's. Nonetheless this iem is really impressing me, and I hope it won't break on me soon.

Quote:
Hi,

I have got an R-50 a couple of weeks back. Enjoying it, the detail and tone is excellent. 

Other than the infamous left wire rotation issue that I face. I also face a slight discrepancy in imaging of my music. Almost everything seems to be a bit towards right from center. 

I tried reversing the channel via VLC media player, and everything is slightly towards the left from center , but closer to 'center'. 

I do not know if this is some channel matching issue or its just me? The center imaging is not quite definite with these IEMs as far as my hearing goes.

Anyone else with the same issue ?

Thanks

However like what ayaflo stated, everything seems to be a bit towards right from center. I started to realize it after a few songs. It doesn't bother me much though to be honest, however only time will tell if I will get ticked by it later on or not. I think this issue is normal for everyone who has the iem.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #949 of 1,205
Received my Sure Olives  in today and I have to say that it is quite a big improvement.  Somehow (and it could just be in my mind) the sibilance has decreased.

Also, for those of you who like the Knowles dual BA of the R-50, you might want to check out the brand new VSONIC VC1000.  They look very promising, but we are waiting on the first buyers to receive their pair and give a review.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #950 of 1,205
Quote:
Received my Sure Olives  in today and I have to say that it is quite a big improvement.  Somehow (and it could just be in my mind) the sibilance has decreased.

Also, for those of you who like the Knowles dual BA of the R-50, you might want to check out the brand new VSONIC VC1000.  They look very promising, but we are waiting on the first buyers to receive their pair and give a review.

I think the comply tips kill any amount of sibilance left - even more so than the olives do. Also I think the presentation is the best with the comply tips! The brightness is toned down and the sound just gets amazing ... in many ways close to reference for me... 

The build quality is poor - too poor .. I am returning them to get the VC 1000.. waiting for some impressions ... and sad to know that the first buyers have called it 'fun' rather than 'monitor' .. which to me is a real disappointment ..

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #953 of 1,205
Quote:
With my audio chain the R-50 treble is excellent.  It has no flaws.  It scores a 9.5 out of 10.  If it had longer decay it would score a 10 out of 10.

Longer decay would make them less accurate though. The fast decay isn't a bad or inaccurate thing, it's simply playing the audio source without leaving notes hanging longer than they should. 

A longer decay might sound more natural to some people, but it isn't technically more accurate. It's not like the R-50 is taking notes and making them shorter than they should be.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #956 of 1,205
Quote:
has anybody had success with getting a refund for the R50's for simply not liking it and wanting to return it?

Hi, 

you should try swapping them for other IEMs if that is the case.. its not that hard.. for one the FS thread works wonders
wink_face.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #957 of 1,205
The R-50 sounds amazing...a much more refined version of the Brainwavz B2 .. yet the build quality just pulls my leg everytime I think about it.. like a paradox of an IEM.

the left wire has come completely off the earpiece.. and the channel/drivers are not matched - hence there is some channel tilting happening with my pair 

Can some one comment if Reshelling will solve these issues ? 

TIA

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #959 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:
With my audio chain the R-50 treble is excellent.  It has no flaws.  It scores a 9.5 out of 10.  If it had longer decay it would score a 10 out of 10.

Longer decay would make them less accurate though. The fast decay isn't a bad or inaccurate thing, it's simply playing the audio source without leaving notes hanging longer than they should. 

A longer decay might sound more natural to some people, but it isn't technically more accurate. It's not like the R-50 is taking notes and making them shorter than they should be.

You are right on everything that you say.  My evaluation stands from the point of what my ears enjoy.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #960 of 1,205
Fair enough...
Quote:

You are right on everything that you say.  My evaluation stands from the point of what my ears enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back