Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Mar 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #931 of 1,205
I found out in ljokerl's thread that he uses r-50 with Klipsch bi flanges so I ordered them and I'm quite satisfied with the result. Just a bit less comfortable than Klipsch single flanges but isolation is supreme. Meelec triples won't work as I tried them as well. What's bothering me now is pain they give me after few hours of listening, I put them very deep and the rubber shells contact my ears causing some pain after long term listening. I wonder if removing shells would help? It might be even worst- plastic isn't as soft as rubber I guess, anybody have an opinion about that? Would that make r-50 vulnerable for damage?

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #932 of 1,205
Quote:
Has anyone felt that their R-50s fell apart because they took off the guide wires?  Also wondering how you all took them off without damaging the cord?

i took mine off, but mine are doing well. best way is to snip the wire twice, 12 o clock and 6 o clock and pull the two parts by hand (the plastic is not too hard and will tear) this way, you wont damage the cord.

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #933 of 1,205
Hi,

I have got an R-50 a couple of weeks back. Enjoying it, the detail and tone is excellent. 

Other than the infamous left wire rotation issue that I face. I also face a slight discrepancy in imaging of my music. Almost everything seems to be a bit towards right from center. 

I tried reversing the channel via VLC media player, and everything is slightly towards the left from center , but closer to 'center'. 

I do not know if this is some channel matching issue or its just me? The center imaging is not quite definite with these IEMs as far as my hearing goes.

Anyone else with the same issue ?

Thanks

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #934 of 1,205
Quote:
I found out in ljokerl's thread that he uses r-50 with Shure bi flanges so I ordered them and I'm quite satisfied with the result. Just a bit less comfortable than Shure single flanges but isolation is supreme. Meelec triples won't work as I tried them as well. What's bothering me now is pain they give me after few hours of listening, I put them very deep and the rubber shells contact my ears causing some pain after long term listening. I wonder if removing shells would help? It might be even worst- plastic isn't as soft as rubber I guess, anybody have an opinion about that? Would that make r-50 vulnerable for damage?

When I had my r-50 I tried to insert as deep as I could. I found after much trial and error with tips and insertion, what gave me the best seal and sq was if I inserted deep and then slightly pulled back out until I felt the tug.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #935 of 1,205
When I had my r-50 I tried to insert as deep as I could. I found after much trial and error with tips and insertion, what gave me the best seal and sq was if I inserted deep and then slightly pulled back out until I felt the tug.

Yes, that's how I fit most of my IEM, insert them (lifting your ear helps) then ever so slightly pull back a touch, you should feel them grab and take hold, this works with not only R-50 but other IEM's. If the tip come straight out without grabbing try moving up to the next size. My R-50 are still out on loan however for those wanting a similar experience, also consider Brainwavs B2. Offers a similar tone level, (bright) with a little more in the low end. I also find the B2 a touch more versatile with a wider range of genres.

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #936 of 1,205
hello,
I have just received my earphones! I want to get some aftermarket tips for them, which ones are best?
Perferably something that doesnt alter the sound signature and is comfortable. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #937 of 1,205
Quote:
...Almost everything seems to be a bit towards right from center...
I do not know if this is some channel matching issue or its just me? The center imaging is not quite definite with these IEMs as far as my hearing goes.

Anyone else with the same issue ?

Yes, I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #939 of 1,205
I have sent a mail to Yumi & the customer service addressing the problems that I am facing with their flagship right after 10 days from receipt. If they offer a refund, I will ship it out as I am not looking to get a replacement pair - given my experience with their 'flagship' is not the best. else I will  settle onto getting it reshelled from In Ear Custom.

Shame that the sound is excellent and I don't want to part ways with it.

The V-Sonic VC1000 would have been a better deal had I known of its arrival at e-bay.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #940 of 1,205
My R-50 are still out on loan however for those wanting a similar experience, also consider Brainwavs B2. Offers a similar tone level, (bright) with a little more in the low end. I also find the B2 a touch more versatile with a wider range of genres

The mids of the B2 are not good for all music. It is colored in different way.
I found the R-50 to be much versatile with a wider range of genres and also better of the 2 by a good margin.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #941 of 1,205
The mids of the B2 are not good for all music. It is colored in different way.
I found the R-50 to be much versatile with a wider range of genres and also better of the 2 by a good margin.

I never said they were good for all music, neither are, Strange you say that, as I know two other members off the top of my head who find B2 superior.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #942 of 1,205
Quote:
I never said they were good for all music, neither are, Strange you say that, as I know two other members off the top of my head who find B2 superior.

I am not basing my opinion on other members, just voicing what I find better. Even though, Its not hard to go around finding people who prefer the R-50 to the B2.

regards,

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #943 of 1,205
I am not basing my opinion on other members, just voicing what I find better. Even though, Its not hard to go around finding people who prefer the R-50 to the B2.

regards,

You find as many people as you can for R-50, I'll find as many as I can for B2. We'll all come back here and go for it. :D

We'll all meet at sunrise and put this to an end. :p

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #944 of 1,205
Quote:
You find as many people as you can for R-50, I'll find as many as I can for B2. We'll all come back here and go for it.
biggrin.gif

We'll all meet at sunrise and put this to an end.
tongue.gif

seriously..how silly can you get? 
deadhorse.gif

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back