Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Sep 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #571 of 1,205
If they made a hybrid with the TWFK and dynamic driver for like $200 that would be awesome.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #572 of 1,205
Quote:
If they made a hybrid with the TWFK and dynamic driver for like $200 that would be awesome.

I was thinking the same thing recently. I want an armature driver for the mids and highs, and a dynamic driver for the bass 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #573 of 1,205
I actually love the bass on my GR01, which has been said to sound exactly the same as the R-50. I would be interested to hear the same driver for mids and highs plus a small dynamic for bass. 
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing recently. I want an armature driver for the mids and highs, and a dynamic driver for the bass 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #574 of 1,205
I really want to know what they're planing to do with the so called "R-50 up grade".  Part of me says its just going to be cosmetic but part hopes that they might make a new IEM with an extra bass driver or something that involves sound quality but that's not to say they don't sound good the way they are.

I like the bass of the R-50 (and the GR01 and R-50 have pretty much the same sound to their bass) as it is but a little more would only help.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #575 of 1,205
For the genres my GR01's get used for they have the perfect amount of bass. When i want more bass i switch to an IEM with more bass. I do not wish my GR01 to have anymore bass. It has just the right amount for what i use them for. This is where owning more than one IEM comes in handy.
Quote:
I really want to know what they're planing to do with the so called "R-50 up grade".  Part of me says its just going to be cosmetic but part hopes that they might make a new IEM with an extra bass driver or something that involves sound quality but that's not to say they don't sound good the way they are.

I like the bass of the R-50 (and the GR01 and R-50 have pretty much the same sound to their bass) as it is but a little more would only help.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #576 of 1,205
R50 measurements, according to Rin, better than the B2/DBA02MKII. Interestingly enough, these sound better to him with a slight shallow insertion. 

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #577 of 1,205
Quote:
R50 measurements, according to Rin, better than the B2/DBA02MKII. Interestingly enough, these sound better to him with a slight shallow insertion. 

Nice I've been wanting to know the measurements of these and of course I liked them more than the B2, they sound a lot alike but the R-50 sounds a bit smoother with better bass texture imo.

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #578 of 1,205
Nice to see, it looks great on paper. It looks like exactly how i hear my GR01's.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #579 of 1,205
Quote:
Nice to see, it looks great on paper. It looks like exactly how i hear my GR01's.

That's funny because I compared the 2 awhile ago and they sound almost exactly the same.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #580 of 1,205
Your descriptions of the R-50 is what made me buy the GR01. I kept reading what you were saying about the R-50 and i wanted that sound. I was about to order the R-50 then i saw your comparison to the GR01 and how you said it sounded the same. I then looked at the GR01 just to check it out. Even though they supposedly sound the same and had a price difference of about $60 at the time, i chose to go with the more expensive GR01 for several reasons.

The advantages of the GR01 were the right angle plug, more tips and the option to wear the wire down instead of up over the ear with a memory wire. I absolutely hate straight plugs, every iem should have a low profile right angle plug like the GR07 and GR01. There is no benifit to a straight plug. I have always liked wearing iem's cord down wire a shirt clip. I could probably get used to over ear with a memory wire if i had to though. 

By the way, thanks for all your words on the R-50. I absolutely love my GR01 and you played a pretty big part in my decision to try these. They are the best sounding headphones i have ever heard, and yes, that includes full size headphones. I like these paired with my iPhone 4 more than the big desktop HD650 rig i had about a year ago.
QuotNe:

That's funny because I compared the 2 awhile ago and they sound almost exactly the same.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #581 of 1,205
Quote:
Your descriptions of the R-50 is what made me buy the GR01. I kept reading what you were saying about the R-50 and i wanted that sound. I was about to order the R-50 then i saw your comparison to the GR01 and how you said it sounded the same. I then looked at the GR01 just to check it out. Even though they supposedly sound the same and had a price difference of about $60 at the time, i chose to go with the more expensive GR01 for several reasons.

The advantages of the GR01 were the right angle plug, more tips and the option to wear the wire down instead of up over the ear with a memory wire. I absolutely hate straight plugs, every iem should have a low profile right angle plug like the GR07 and GR01. There is no benifit to a straight plug. I have always liked wearing iem's cord down wire a shirt clip. I could probably get used to over ear with a memory wire if i had to though. 

By the way, thanks for all your words on the R-50. I absolutely love my GR01 and you played a pretty big part in my decision to try these. They are the best sounding headphones i have ever heard, and yes, that includes full size headphones. I like these paired with my iPhone 4 more than the big desktop HD650 rig i had about a year ago.

That's cool, the GR01 is a nicely built IEM for sure.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #582 of 1,205
Quote:

Interesting. In the very long run ended up preferring my R-50 using a cut of sleeve  from some other IEM on the stem so they could fit some old time Shure tips that I had a bunch of and that fits my ears really well. I guess this setup somehow simulated a damper. Also using my 75 Ohm impedance adapter was also preferred to my ears to balance their sound combined with decent amplification, but not so much convenient to use.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #584 of 1,205
Hi Head-Fi folks !

Newbie here ! Nice meeting you all!

It's been a while since I am just being an anonymous in the forum, just reading and seeing what's happening without actively engaged in the conversation.
Well things change after I bought and used Rock It Sounds R-50.. Honestly, I am super impressed by the quality and so I voluntarily promote and be their evangelist in Singapore now. HA!

Rock It Sounds is new and thus isn't an easy brand to find. In Singapore itself, we can only find it in treoo.com and Multi5enses.com (Toy Outpost *Scape).

Anyway, I have some videos to share on how people found R-50's quality etc. I will upload it in near future!

Cheers :)
Try ROCK IT SOUNDS earphones now!
Find out more details at multi5enses.com (Singapore/Malaysia region only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back