Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Sep 7, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #556 of 1,205
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what do you use as your main iem for edm?

At the moment the two IEMs that get the most attention from me are my Etymotic HF2s and the Hifiman Re-262 (which needs amplification to really sing).  I'm also spending an increasing amount of time with the Beyerdynamic 1350s.  I prefer the form factor of IEMs but the 1350 renders taut bass with extreme clarity and detail while still giving me very slightly warm mids.

My next stop is customs, though I continue to be interested in certain universal IEMs in release or being released soon.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #557 of 1,205
I use the e-Q5 and also used my TF10 before I sold them.  Both work really well with edm but I'm liking the e-Q5 as a total package as its very well built, comfortable with a good fit and the SQ is also a bit better than the TF10's.  They have every bit as much detail with a more involving soundstage that has more air in it making them sound very spacious.  

Both are IEM's that would work better with edm for most people.  I still like the R-50 but most would probably find them a little to bass light for edm.

Sep 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #559 of 1,205
Not on the R-50 but I have noticed that the R-30's right side driver sounds lower than the left but I think that was the way they were when I first got them, its not to bad but its noticeable.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #560 of 1,205
Man this is disappointing, it just started happening and it's a REALLY noticeable difference too. If its due to moisture, could they dry out and be ok? (the memory wire came detached from the housing a little while back so that the cable/inside housing was slightly exposed, so some could have theoretically gotten in there)

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #561 of 1,205
Maybe but you know they have a 1 year warranty so if you contact them you should be able to get them replaced.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #562 of 1,205
Quote:
Man this is disappointing, it just started happening and it's a REALLY noticeable difference too. If its due to moisture, could they dry out and be ok? (the memory wire came detached from the housing a little while back so that the cable/inside housing was slightly exposed, so some could have theoretically gotten in there)

What was the cause of the detachment?

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #563 of 1,205
No, the detachment occurred quite a bit before this happened.  I've been in contact with one of the Rockit Sounds representatives and they've been super helpful.  Just need to send them in.  Unfortunately, I also have to send in my back-up iems (SE215's) for the memory wire as well 
confused_face.gif
.  Looks like i'm gonna have to dig around the closet for a temporary replacement.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #564 of 1,205
Well at least you'll have a new pair in a couple of weeks, and the people are Rockit Sounds are always very helpful.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #565 of 1,205
Quote:
No, the detachment occurred quite a bit before this happened.  I've been in contact with one of the Rockit Sounds representatives and they've been super helpful.  Just need to send them in.  Unfortunately, I also have to send in my back-up iems (SE215's) for the memory wire as well 
confused_face.gif
.  Looks like i'm gonna have to dig around the closet for a temporary replacement.

What was the cause of the detachment?  Was it a hard pull on the cord or it happened with normal use?

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #566 of 1,205
honestly not too sure.  I can only kind of vaguely remember one time when I may have snagged them on something, but i think this was from normal use.  Though I do have a history with being a little bit rough with electronics 
confused_face.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #567 of 1,205
Quote:
honestly not too sure.  I can only kind of vaguely remember one time when I may have snagged them on something, but i think this was from normal use.  Though I do have a history with being a little bit rough with electronics 
confused_face.gif

If this did not happen from abuse, then you have the right for a replacement.  If this happened from abuse, then you have no rights.  But, even if that is the case, Rockit Sounds should act in good faith and repair your R-50 for free or for a small amount.  Also, attachment/connection problems symptoms are no sound at all or intermittent sound.  Lower volume with the sound always on, is a symptom of something else.  Sleep peacefully and send your R-50 to the manufacturer and expect the best from them, because connection problems are easy to fix for the technically fit and driver problems should not have anything to do with the detachment mishap.
beerchug.gif

I am listening to some tropical music (gaitas, from Venezuela) with my R-50, right now.  It is a happy listening with the R-50.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #569 of 1,205
I wonder if its just going to be cosmetic because I don't know what they can do sound wise.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back