Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Oct 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #586 of 1,205
Tip Comparison graphs provided by Rin. 

Tips to recommend based on the results

Klipsch small oval biflanges, though single flanges are good too. 
Comply T-130 Tips. 

Tips Below only compatible with Monster Adapters

Meelec Triflanges

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #587 of 1,205
I've just received the R-50. They sound quite nice for a $120 IEM, and the best value in dual BA TWFK IMO. My ears never got along with the cold-sounding though great-on-paper dba02 mk1.
Been comparing it with my GR01, they definitely sound different to my ears, though not as much as I thought. The GR01 sounds noticeably cleaner, though not by much, and the R-50 is a little grainy in comparison. I think I'm hearing a bit more extension and more open treble. The soundstage is slightly bigger with the GR01.

I'm starting to question whether the $80 price difference is really worth it. Anyway will report back after I listen more.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #588 of 1,205
Glad you like them.  To me all the TWFK based IEM's I've heard (UE700, B2, GR01, R-50) all sound a lot alike as you'd think they would with the UE700 sounding the most different.  On Amazon the UE700 is now about the same price as the R-50 but I think the R-50 sounds a bit better over all.  They're still one of the best values in IEM's imo, $120 for pretty much top-tier SQ is quite good.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #589 of 1,205
I've ordered these... I might finally retire my A151 and/or Fischer Tandem to these. That would be a relief.

Anyway how do standalone Clip+ or iTouch 4 handle them? Do they really need an amp?

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #590 of 1,205
Quote:
I've ordered these... I might finally retire my A151 and/or Fischer Tandem to these. That would be a relief.

Anyway how do standalone Clip+ or iTouch 4 handle them? Do they really need an amp?

No you'll be fine without an amp they're very easy to drive.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #591 of 1,205
Quote:

I'd recommend an amp.. go for E-11. They synergize well with the R-50.. you'll have great gains in the bass department..

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #592 of 1,205
Quote:

I have the A151s and R-50s. The R-50s are definitely a notch up and you should enjoy them. 

My Clip+ seems to drive the R-50s and A151s about equally well. No reason to buy an amp until you try them out yourself. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #593 of 1,205
They will be driven plenty well from pretty much all players. Definitely try them without an extra amp first if you dont already have one.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #594 of 1,205
I'm considering the E11 but we'll see later...

While my R50 is on the way, one more question about the ergonomics. I use A151 mostly for ouside use and I don't like the weird 'blocked ear' feeling I have with them. Other IEMs don't give me this weird discomfort. Also the bone conductivity is really high and I hear my every step. Again, I don't get this with other IEMs (even those which isolate better).

Is the R50 better in this regard?

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #595 of 1,205
Quote:
While my R50 is on the way, one more question about the ergonomics. I use A151 mostly for ouside use and I don't like the weird 'blocked ear' feeling I have with them. Other IEMs don't give me this weird discomfort. Also the bone conductivity is really high and I hear my every step. Again, I don't get this with other IEMs (even those which isolate better).

Is the R50 better in this regard?

I don't know since I haven't used the A151s in a while. But I suspect that your concern is very user preference, individual biology oriented. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #597 of 1,205
No fit for my ears...
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?!=,( 
Super phones for 120$. Little bright with Colorfly CK4, but that's ok. They are better than B2/DBA
Beautiful mids and treble, bass is light, good drums but not good punch, very clean sound, good depth, warm and melodical.
But still they are not ER4P =)

Oct 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #598 of 1,205
Man two things I hate is customs and weekends. Customs needlessly delay the package for one day and they release it on Friday. And of course that means I can get it on Monday earliest. What's the point of express delivery if customs can delay it for a whole day and then it can't be processed for two other days?

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #600 of 1,205
Finally they're here. Now let's listen to some Vivaldi. BTW on first hearing, they don't seem bright at all, I dunno what's the fuzz about...

It's one thing everyone should take caution on when reading around Head-Fi. Because we use nothing but words, those words don't express mass or quanitiy properly, every person has different tastes and tolerance levels, so really when someone says something's bright take it with salt grains. When someone says there's LOTS OF BASS, I mean how much is a lot? his a lot? my a lot? their a a lot? You can see where I'm going...... If you see repetition over and over then it's probably safe to assume what's repeated might be worth taking on board otherwise the truth is only in the testing for each individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back