Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Sep 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #541 of 1,205
Thanks!

Is Rockit's site based in the UK? Amazon is no longer selling them.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #543 of 1,205
Quote:
Glad you like them and they are great for edm as long as your not a huge bass head.

I think it would be better to be more cautious about over recommending these for EDM. The bass response is somewhat demure and uninspiring compared to what many people that listen to EDM might be looking for. If someone is not familiar with the flat bass and mid response of BAs and the very dry sound of the bass--and particularly given the accentuated highs of the R-50s--I suspect that they might be very disappointed, like the guy in this thread that you recommended them to. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #544 of 1,205
That's why I said as long as your not as bass head.  They have plenty for people wanting a more natural balanced sound (as I describe them when I recommend them).  When I recommend them I say that they don't have a large bass response but they have good impact for a small BA, so I give them as much info as I can.  Its not my fault if they don't understand about sound signatures or how BA's sound.  Anyways if your looking at an IEM like the R-50 or any TWFK or smaller BA and you don't know that they have lighter bass than dynamics and such than you need to do more research before you commit to one.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #545 of 1,205
Thanks!

Is Rockit's site based in the UK? Amazon is no longer selling them.

Sure they are. (As in Amazon is still selling them)

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Balanced-Armature-Earphones-Earbuds/dp/B005XSBNG4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=207UZWFV3JYJG&coliid=IC1HPISGY3YZ1

At least I think that's right. Hope that helps.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #546 of 1,205
Quote:
That's why I said as long as your not as bass head.  They have plenty for people wanting a more natural balanced sound (as I describe them when I recommend them).  When I recommend them I say that they don't have a large bass response but they have good impact for a small BA, so I give them as much info as I can.  Its not my fault if they don't understand about sound signatures or how BA's sound.  Anyways if your looking at an IEM like the R-50 or any TWFK or smaller BA and you don't know that they have lighter bass than dynamics and such than you need to do more research before you commit to one.

Yeah, well helping someone is more important to me than hyping something I own, so I tend to be more concerned about whether or not people understand what I'm recommending. I guess everyone is entitled to their own perspective on that 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #547 of 1,205
I listen to a lot of edm (house, trance, techno) and for me these are too bright and have fallen out of rotation.  I would never reccomend them to someone interested in a bass heavy sound.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #549 of 1,205
I could see how these wouldn't be good for a lot of people that listen to say trance but for minimal and tech house the R-50 sounds quite nice.  Maybe I just have better hearing or the fact I listen to my music pretty loud and have my amp's bass boost on that I hear more of the bass and sub-bass than most because I'm listening to Markus Schulz new album Scream and the bass and sub-bass sound good to me.  No they don't have as much as a dynamic driver or the e-Q5 but its still has a good bit of low end rumble.  Everyone has different sound preferences so live and learn I guess.

But I'm kinda off the R-50 (I still think they sound great for the price) now that I have the e-Q5 which does have good bass impact and depth along with the nicest soundstage I've heard.  They sound nothing like any single BA I've heard and yes the are better than the R-50 imo.

I believe Joker finally has a pair so I'm looking forward to seeing what he thinks of them and if I had to guess the SQ rating will be pretty much the same as the DBA-02 and GR01.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #550 of 1,205
Quote:
I could see how these wouldn't be good for a lot of people that listen to say trance but for minimal and tech house the R-50 sounds quite nice.  Maybe I just have better hearing or the fact I listen to my music pretty loud and have my amp's bass boost on that I hear more of the bass and sub-bass than most because I'm listening to Markus Schulz new album Scream and the bass and sub-bass sound good to me.  No they don't have as much as a dynamic driver or the e-Q5 but its still has a good bit of low end rumble.  Everyone has different sound preferences so live and learn I guess.

But I'm kinda off the R-50 (I still think they sound great for the price) now that I have the e-Q5 which does have good bass impact and depth along with the nicest soundstage I've heard.  They sound nothing like any single BA I've heard and yes the are better than the R-50 imo.

I believe Joker finally has a pair so I'm looking forward to seeing what he thinks of them and if I had to guess the SQ rating will be pretty much the same as the DBA-02 and GR01.

I was interested in R-50
Are this any similar in sound signature to Fische`s dBA02mk2?

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #551 of 1,205
Yes, supposedly slightly less bright, and a bit smoother.
Quote:
 I was interested in R-50

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #552 of 1,205
Quote:
 I was interested in R-50

Yea there not as bright but the highs still have good sparkle and the do have a bit more bass impact and depth but other than that there very similar.

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #554 of 1,205
Yea I only borrowed the DBA-02's to compare with R-50 so Swim's review is more in depth.

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #555 of 1,205
Also you source player makes a difference in the over sound signature of the R-50.  I've never heard any iPod or iPhone (not much of a Apple fanboy) so I can't say how they sound with them so maybe someone with both can elaborate.  My Fuze, Sony S and J3 all give the R-50 decent bass responce and the Sony and J3 add some extra warmth to the as well wheres the Fuze has a brighter sound as does my Burst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back