Rockhopper M^3 - The Review
Apr 22, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #422 of 523
Jeez. It must be a huge deal that I said I got in trouble for mentioning I'm a business, seeing as an MOT tag says right there "MEMBER OF THE TRADE - NAME OF BUSINESS". What is your deal.

If I get banned again for setting the record straight that my M3 review was not me self promoting in any way, because it predated me even knowing how to DIY, whatever. I should be allowed to do this in my own thread when people gossip about me. I have no plans to post any further with this account. I only created it to apologize to Jude for crapping up his site, and that I've deleted any offending pictures and will clean things up further if I ever get unbanned. I've already learned my lesson on all this MOT crap, and it makes me not want to be an MOT at all since it sucks any fun out of posting on headfi. Seriously. I like posting on headfi more than being an MOT.

Are you jackals ever going to be done with me? I said I was sorry. If you give me a clean slate, I won't piss you off in the future, promise.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #423 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by suckstobeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeez.

RaAhBBk4Tljvf121CvGH2Zw6o1_400.jpg

Anybody who can name the Simpsons quote that goes with this picture gets a hi-five!
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, I can see where you are coming from. But I can also see why you were banned. So you have two choices: plead your case with Jude to get let back in as a MOT, or walk away with dignity.

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #425 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We'll dig our way out....

BZZZT! I was looking for the second half of the quote
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #426 of 523
Scootermafia,

Just do the time and come back, the mods will take care of anything else. Making a new account isn't going to help and being able to not reply and only read isn't so bad. I did that for five months voluntarily once and I can tell you that I learned a lot more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BZZZT! I was looking for the second half of the quote
wink.gif

No, dig 'up', stupid.

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #427 of 523
Scooter

I generally have a poor reaction to snake oil, so if you want to say your wire is better looking, thicker, stronger, flexes better, uses more expensive components, is assembled better or is custom made to a client's specifications, I won't have a problem welcoming you back. But if you start making claims that are contrary to the years you've spent in the scientific community, I'll have to consider you just another snake oil salesman out to exploit the placebo effect.

USG

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #428 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scooter

I generally have a poor reaction to snake oil, so if you want to say your wire is better looking, thicker, stronger, flexes better, uses more expensive components, is assembled better or is custom made to a client's specifications, I won't have a problem welcoming you back. But if you start making claims that are contrary to the years you've spent in the scientific community, I'll have to consider you just another snake oil salesman out to exploit the placebo effect.

USG

To be fair, I haven't seen scooter make any claims of the sort. I think we should put this issue behind us as it doesn't much have to do with the thread. Personally, I also feel a bit bad for the guy. I've noticed Head-fi'ers really like to hold on to grudges/past mistakes. Just let him be and get back to some M^3 opamp impressions
biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, would I be correct in saying that you prefer the AD843 over the AD8610/OPAs in your M^3 upstate? I've been interested specifically in the "punchier bass" that you found earlier which I feel I could use a bit more of in my setup.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #431 of 523
Actually, waxing lyrical about certain wires and plugs etc. which he just so happens to use in his cables. Criticizing other MOTs pricing when his own margins are similar or higher and generally being a git and talking balls

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be fair, I haven't seen scooter make any claims of the sort. I think we should put this issue behind us as it doesn't much have to do with the thread. Personally, I also feel a bit bad for the guy. I've noticed Head-fi'ers really like to hold on to grudges/past mistakes. Just let him be and get back to some M^3 opamp impressions
biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, would I be correct in saying that you prefer the AD843 over the AD8610/OPAs in your M^3 upstate? I've been interested specifically in the "punchier bass" that you found earlier which I feel I could use a bit more of in my setup.

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #433 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...would I be correct in saying that you prefer the AD843 over the AD8610/OPAs in your M^3 upstate? I've been interested specifically in the "punchier bass" that you found earlier which I feel I could use a bit more of in my setup.

Ah the 843s... I spent the other day reevaluating the 8610, 637/627 and 843. The Placebo Effect is powerful, so take this with a grain of salt, but my feeling is that the trade off for the slightly increased bass of the 843 is at the expense of the treble. So, the 8610s are back in. Try as I might, I can't get over the feeling that somehow they sound better.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, all the usual disclaimers..... YMMV, my headphones, my ears, my RockHopper, my Stello, my electricity and I could change my mind tomorrow.

USG

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #434 of 523
Got it today!
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
:b eyersmile:

I'm selling my MKV!!
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

On my DT880's, depth is far better, instrument separation, even more detailed..wow really.

I won't be upgrading my amp in a long while!
smily_headphones1.gif

Difference = night and day tbh.
This definitely isn't placebo.

The good/bad thing: Makes my VBR mp3's sound like crap and so flat with no dynamics! lol.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #435 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got it today!
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
:b eyersmile:

I'm selling my MKV!!
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

On my DT880's, depth is far better, instrument separation, even more detailed..wow really.

I won't be upgrading my amp in a long while!
smily_headphones1.gif

Difference = night and day tbh.
This definitely isn't placebo.

The good/bad thing: Makes my VBR mp3's sound like crap and so flat with no dynamics! lol.

lol. As predicted
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back