Rockbox Xduoo X3
Nov 8, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #2,462 of 2,617
I had n3 than got myself m3s thinking of that may be dual 4490 makes somewhat difference but then again back to n3 and recently had r3 with me and now wanted to try x20 but got this great offer around me and suddenly thought of try xduoo with x3.
You mean a brand new X3, or a brand new X3 II?
Brand new x3, it's discontinued but here in my country daps are not so popular and one person had brand new just laying around.

Nov 8, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #2,463 of 2,617
Brand new x3, it's discontinued but here in my country daps are not so popular and one person had brand new just laying around.

Nice!

I still kick myself for not buying a 2nd one when they were on sale for $49usd from tomtop.

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #2,465 of 2,617
Missed the chance, you love it that much? and now they are now where to be found brand new this cheap.

No, I don’t love it that much. But daps with dual card slots are rare, and the next closest thing is quite a step up in price. When you look at it that way, $49 was a no brainer.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #2,466 of 2,617
49 bucks? crap man, thats like what the old Sansa clip+ and clipzip ran before they discontinued them and prices skyrocketed. I'll probably nab an X3 II later to see how it is with rock box. As it is I think the X3 is the current best one for my use case.

I just want a player that runs most file formats, lets you sort by folder/filename, and has actual buttons. Its actually pretty hard to find these days. Most players I've seen only let you sort by playlist or filetags and many are focusing on touch controls too.

Nov 9, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,467 of 2,617
But daps with dual card slots are rare, and the next closest thing is quite a step up in price

That might be the iBasso DX120 at $299. Mine is ticking all the boxes.

Nov 10, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #2,468 of 2,617

Correct, ibasso is one of the very few.

Once 512GB cards are available for cheap (<$100), it won’t matter to me as much because I’ll be able to fit everything on 1 card. Then I could use any single-slot DAP.

I’m hoping that will be in about 12-18 months. Until then, I have a number of DAPs to keep me happy.

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #2,469 of 2,617
how do you like the DX120 vs the Opus#1 ?
I'm always looking at mid-fi priced DAPs...

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #2,471 of 2,617
I am looking at the Xduoo X3 player. I heard that the Xduoo X3 II could not be installed with RockBox. Is this still the case? How do I tell the difference between them and find the one I need?

Thanks,

Joe
I don't know about the X3II being/not being suitable for rockbox, so can't help you there.

As for telling them apart, they look very different... this is taken from Penon, going on the Xduoo brand page... the original X3 is the one out of stock, definitely suitable for rockbox (I have it :)) . the X3II is the one with the nice color screen (which the original does NOT have :) ) .

Xduoo.jpg

You can go on their website and take a closer look :wink:

Nov 26, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #2,472 of 2,617
Dec 11, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #2,475 of 2,617
Hey guys, all the sudden my xduoo X3 won’t boot. I tried a new SD card, freshly formatted with FAT32, and with a fresh copy of the latest Rockbox copied to the root.

All it does is hang at this screen, no matter what I do.

Any help would be appreciated.

The First time around, I couldn't Dual boot *(x3 v1.2 nand biscuit issue)... I just used Rbx no Drama's. And then Lord VortX Worked on more Code to help the community, thus resulting in my Dual Boot Functioning and that it is working flawlessly.... here's the kicker lol. Rockbox now freezes after about 10 seconds of playback, no matter what format or what size of file etc. Rockbox worked without flaws previously (before I reverted back to revised r2 stock firmware) which was good times. the Stock boot bypass works like stock. but now Rockbox is being the Stinker... haha i'm going to have to drag out my old laptop and fire up the WINSEVEN7 and hope that worked. I normally just do everything on win10 and never have issues. maybe i'm just incredibly lucky and the luck is finally drying up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back