Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jan 24, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #2,491 of 2,617
I have the the new X3 II.

I made a mistake on the flash drive. I meant a micro SD card that I inserted in the X3 II. It is 8gb I only see one slot on this player.

The file I downloaded from Vortex was: X3ii_v1.0_9970b2e-181013.zip, which included: readme.txt & update.upt

Joe

Got it.

So the thread you would want to ask the question is located here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-xduoo-x-serie-dap-x20-x10-x3-xduoo-are-on-fire.867522/\

That thread covers all of the new xduoo models, including your X3ii.

This thread is actually for Rockbox on the old (original) X3. That's why I asked about the 2 slots and I didn't recognize update.upt.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #2,492 of 2,617
I just got an x3 ii. Haven't used it yet, but wanted to ask...I've still got my x3 and plan to keep using it. So one of my sd cards has the rockbox file for the x3 on it. If I put that in the x3 ii, will that cause any issues, or will it just ignore the file?

I'm not familiar with how that stuff works.

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #2,493 of 2,617
I just got an x3 ii. Haven't used it yet, but wanted to ask...I've still got my x3 and plan to keep using it. So one of my sd cards has the rockbox file for the x3 on it. If I put that in the x3 ii, will that cause any issues, or will it just ignore the file?

I think I can safely say it will ignore the rockbox folder.

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #2,494 of 2,617

It will ignore it.

Rockbox needs 2 things to function:

1. The Rockbox bootloader on the device itself
2. The support files on the memory card

#2 is useless without #1. Any other device (X3ii, FiiO X1, etc) will just see the Rockbox folder on the memory card as just another folder.

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #2,496 of 2,617
Anybody remember seeing the post about the replacement battery for the Xduoo x3. Think it was a Samsung ? Thanks in advance....can't find it now.....

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #2,497 of 2,617
Apr 9, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #2,498 of 2,617
I see its the Samsung galaxy A5 that I was looking for...its for in the future if and when the battery fails.
Anywhere in the UK which sells the battery you're on about. Zebob ?
Also with the replacement batteries do they require soldering ? Or just twist wires together ?

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #2,499 of 2,617
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #2,501 of 2,617
Thanks for the link..interesting.. gonna keep a eye out and do some more hunting round, nice to be prepared just in case...lol

Apr 20, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2,502 of 2,617
A couple of years later I still have problems with Rockbox resume play, with a playlist, in shuffle mode. I like to use this as my player in a car. I make many trips by car here-there on my job (field service tech) and my preferred way to listen is build a playlist, playback with shuffle play on for variety. Only way to handle 7000+ mp3 files. I really want it to resume play from where I left off when I return to the car and start driving again. This feature is turned on in the Rockbox setup menu. This is how any tape player operated, and any CD player in a car has traditionally operated. But Rockbox just won't always co-operate here. Sometimes it will wake up from sleep and do this right. Most times, it starts playback again from the beginning of the list. Every update of Rockbox on my original X3 continues to work this way. It is a bug, but not documented anywhere I see.

Will this bug still be there if I scrap the old blue-screen X3 and buy a new X3-II? I've already gone back to using my old Zune player out of frustration.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #2,503 of 2,617
That’s very odd. My X3 has always done resume play in Rockbox.

You don’t happen to have car mode turned on do you? I seem to remember car mode causing some unwanted problems so I disabled it. Although I can’t remember exactly what those problems were.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #2,504 of 2,617
That’s very odd. My X3 has always done resume play in Rockbox.

You don’t happen to have car mode turned on do you? I seem to remember car mode causing some unwanted problems so I disabled it. Although I can’t remember exactly what those problems were.

Slater, I double-checked this even though I knew the answer. I have Car Adapter Mode disabled. However I do have Automatic Resume on power-up active. So I have to touch the pause when I get there, but music starts with the car when I am leaving. I just let the player power itself down with a 10 minute Idle Poweroff setting.

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #2,505 of 2,617
Slater, I double-checked this even though I knew the answer. I have Car Adapter Mode disabled. However I do have Automatic Resume on power-up active. So I have to touch the pause when I get there, but music starts with the car when I am leaving. I just let the player power itself down with a 10 minute Idle Poweroff setting.

One guy in this thread fixed it by re-initializing the database: https://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5215

Users who are viewing this thread

Back