Rockbox Xduoo X3
Sep 2, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #1,876 of 2,617
I think 4 hours will be enough battery life for me with the PCA, especially since I'll be able to easily plug the amp into USB for unlimited stationary listening. The thing is a power hog, especially with 60+ mA bias current, but that's why it sounds so beautiful!! I have dreamed about trying to stack two of the thinner tablet batteries and using a bigger case also. Maybe on a future build. I'll be interested to see what you cook up!

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #1,878 of 2,617
Sometimes when I'm switching songs the song won't play and the buttons stop working except only to turn the backlight on and I have to reset it.. anyone else get this?

Nope..

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #1,879 of 2,617
Sometimes when I'm switching songs the song won't play and the buttons stop working except only to turn the backlight on and I have to reset it.. anyone else get this?

What version of Rockbox are you running?

And tell us what you have for the following settings:

Settings - General Settings - Display - LCD Settings - First Keypress Enables Backlight Only
Settings - General Settings - Display - LCD Settings - Selective Backlight
Settings - General Settings - System - Car Adapter Mode

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #1,880 of 2,617
This happened to my player too, twice already. The system is not 100% frozen as the backlight fading still is working. I don't know what the action were that could have triggered this partial freeze. Probably as you wrote, song switching. Maybe I switched more than 1 song at a time forward/backwards when this happened.
What I can say is that this is not a core rockbox problem (i have used several rockbox players intensively), this only exists with this port.
I'm using the 170609 build

Sep 10, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #1,881 of 2,617
Hi fellow X3 owners, Gearbest has a 256GB Samsung EVO+ sdxc card for $109.99 shipped via flash sale:

https://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_641570.html

These cards work just fine in the X3 when formatted FAT32.

This is the cheapest I've ever seen them! I have the exact same card (though I spent a lot more). It has crazy fast write speeds on a computer - you can copy your entire music collection to it in mere seconds.

These Samsung cards also have a 10yr warranty from Samsung.

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #1,883 of 2,617
Hi guys, I've got a little problem with my rockboxed X3 recently: I can't access to stock firmware anymore, it just stays en the xduoo logo and I have to manually reset it with the dedicated button. I don't have any problem accessing to rockbox but I'm a little worried that in the case of anything goes wrong with an RB update or something I couldn't recover my X3, I already tried a clean-full installation of rockbox but it doesn't seem to affect the stock firmware, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Sep 26, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #1,884 of 2,617
Hi guys, I've got a little problem with my rockboxed X3 recently: I can't access to stock firmware anymore, it just stays en the xduoo logo and I have to manually reset it with the dedicated button. I don't have any problem accessing to rockbox but I'm a little worried that in the case of anything goes wrong with an RB update or something I couldn't recover my X3, I already tried a clean-full installation of rockbox but it doesn't seem to affect the stock firmware, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
How about trying to flash the original firmware then install Rockbox again afterwards?

http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/En/DownList.Asp?SortID=1

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #1,886 of 2,617
Thanks for the answer, but how can I reflash the original fw if I cannot access to the menu/ UI of the original fw?
Good point. I don't know the answer but there's usually a sequence/combination of button presses that will put a player into recovery mode and allow you to load the original firmware (or a software utility that the manufacturer could provide you that would allow you to load it via USB). I guess you'd have to get in touch with the manufacturer and hope they responded...unless someone else on here knows how to do it.

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,887 of 2,617

Thanks in advance

Have you tried to boot it up with no cards in it?

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #1,890 of 2,617
Is it still under warranty?
Wow, seriously that bad to consider applying warranty? I purchased it on november of last year from gearbest, but since I'm from México I guess it will be a real pain in the @ss to try to make that warranty valid, but I think there aren't many options left.

That or just hope for anything bad wents wrong with RockBox :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back