Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 3, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #1,606 of 2,617

Simple fix - disable directory caching by going to Settings - General Settings - System - Disk - Directory Cache = No

I noticed it got turned on by default a few updates ago. That's the 1st thing I check now whenever I do an update. If you leave it on, you're just asking for *PANIC* Stkov dircache errors.

Hi slaterlovesspam,
Thanks for the tip. I would love to try that but I get the error message at the boot so I can't go to Settings. Shall I revert to the previous working version and then change the cache option? Also can you please advise on the best way to update? Shall I just replace the .rockbox folder or shall I remove the .rockbox folder first and then unzip the new one?

Many thanks!

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,607 of 2,617
It sounds like your database files are corrupt. Either boot it in stock firmware or put the card in a reader and delete all the database files, i.e. all the files beginning with 'database_'. Obviously you'll need to recreate it from scratch.

Personally I've gone back to using an old version of the port that I tracked down, since more recent builds don't work on my device.

deleted all files with database_, at least now rockbox loads.  How can i view the database logs in the card so i can get an idea of what caused the problem in the first place.
Ive enabled database logs within rockbox, where is the log file located?

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #1,608 of 2,617
  deleted all files with database_, at least now rockbox loads.  How can i view the database logs in the card so i can get an idea of what caused the problem in the first place.
Ive enabled database logs within rockbox, where is the log file located?

It'll be a file called metadata.log. If a file is causing it to crash it will be the last one listed there.

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,610 of 2,617
  Today's 0b7bf80-170403:
- AAC bitstream format files (*.aac) support.
- Stkov dircache PANIC's has been addressed.

Panic Report.

I see that the dircache PANIC was addressed.
I keep getting a panic in a different scenario.
It seems related to automatic frequency selection across two sd cards.

In case others have ran into to this , here are the steps.

STEPS To reproduce
------------------------------------
1. Power on Xduoo X3
2. Navigate to Files-> Music  - > (Folder with FLAC 24/96k files)
3. Play song. Song plays fine
4. While song is playing, navigate to Files-> microSD1 -> (Folder with FLAC  16/44k files )
5. Select song to play,
6. Press play, Exception occurs:

*PANIC
TLB refill handler at 0x83E01840! [0x0]

Thanks,

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,612 of 2,617

It'll be a file called metadata.log. If a file is causing it to crash it will be the last one listed there.

Metadata.log only gets populated after enabling the option System - Debug - metadata.log

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #1,613 of 2,617

Hi slaterlovesspam,
Thanks for the tip. I would love to try that but I get the error message at the boot so I can't go to Settings. Shall I revert to the previous working version and then change the cache option? Also can you please advise on the best way to update? Shall I just replace the .rockbox folder or shall I remove the .rockbox folder first and then unzip the new one?

Many thanks!

I would backup any EQ profiles or custom themes/WPS, delete the whole .rockbox folder (you'll need to enable hidden files in Finder if you use a Mac), and expand the contents of rockbox-full-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx.zip to the root of the SD card.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #1,619 of 2,617

Turned on metadata log, attempt to build database, reboot and rockbox "committing to database" and freezes as usual. Once i turn it off and put the card in a card reader but fail to find the metadata.log.  Where is it located??

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #1,620 of 2,617
I checked my battery (RB 20170324).
From 100% to 60-70% - 8-9 h
another 1-2h - 35-40%
Last 35-40% goes down in about 30 minutes.

The battery curve needs calibration of something.
Gonna update RB today and check progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back