Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 2, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,591 of 2,617
  Just reformatted the sd card fully using SDFormatter, now the files will copy over with no problem, but still cant boot into Rockbox.

Did you format the card FAT32 wirh 4k (ie 4096) block size? That's the only configuration compatible with Rockbox. FAT32 is not enough; must have 4096 block size too.

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,592 of 2,617
Apr 2, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #1,594 of 2,617
Hi XVortex,
Thanks for the new update. However since I have updated I have been getting the following error message:
 *PANIC*
Stkov dircache

It works perfectly fine with the previous version. I have tried several times to unzip the new update but to no avail a Is keep getting the same kernel panic error message.

Cheers.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #1,597 of 2,617
  Thanks, I'm on a Mac. 

If you have a friend running Windows, you could prepare the cards on his computer.  Just don't format one of his drives by accident:)

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #1,599 of 2,617
For most of these points i imagine i have to access the rockbox settings once its done loading.  How can i do that if it freezes at start up? is there a way to stop it from updating at startup and go straight to rockbox?

It sounds like your database files are corrupt. Either boot it in stock firmware or put the card in a reader and delete all the database files, i.e. all the files beginning with 'database_'. Obviously you'll need to recreate it from scratch.

Personally I've gone back to using an old version of the port that I tracked down, since more recent builds don't work on my device.

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #1,600 of 2,617
  Hi XVortex,
Thanks for the new update. However since I have updated I have been getting the following error message:

*PANIC*
Stkov dircache

It works perfectly fine with the previous version. I have tried several times to unzip the new update but to no avail a Is keep getting the same kernel panic error message.

Cheers.

Simple fix - disable directory caching by going to Settings - General Settings - System - Disk - Directory Cache = No

I noticed it got turned on by default a few updates ago. That's the 1st thing I check now whenever I do an update. If you leave it on, you're just asking for *PANIC* Stkov dircache errors.

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #1,601 of 2,617
  Thanks, I'm on a Mac. 

There is a utility for Mac that will do this, but I forget what it is. It's mentioned a number of times in this thread though. You're just going to have to dig around with search.

Also, on mac I know you have to enable hidden files in Finder for the updates & stuff to work right. Something specific to Mac (also mentioned a number of times in this thread).

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #1,603 of 2,617
  Hi all.  Having followed the instructions to Rockbox my X3, I still get the "updating...dont power off" message.  The only deviation from the posted method is that when copying over the .rockbox folder, I was getting a message that 

"The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “13-Fixed.fnt” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)"

The font size in the error changes every now and again.

I copied the files to a folder I've created and named .rockbox, and everything copies over ok.  

I reset the X3 after every time it hangs.

I'm on a Mac, running Sierra.

I've tried copying the file by both connecting the X3 to the mac, and removing the sd card and copying the files to it via the sd card slot on the Mac.
Any ideas?

EDIT...

And I copied over the zio file, unzipped it with no problems, but I still get the message about updating and not to power off.

Cheers

It may very well be that the X3 is not fully compatible with your SD card, try using a different SD card.

I have suggested this to someone else with the same "updating...dont power off" message as yourself in post #1184 and he responded that it worked in post #1187.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back