Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,577 of 2,617
Hi all.  Having followed the instructions to Rockbox my X3, I still get the "updating...dont power off" message.  The only deviation from the posted method is that when copying over the .rockbox folder, I was getting a message that 

"The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “13-Fixed.fnt” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)"

The font size in the error changes every now and again.

I copied the files to a folder I've created and named .rockbox, and everything copies over ok.  

I reset the X3 after every time it hangs.

I'm on a Mac, running Sierra.

I've tried copying the file by both connecting the X3 to the mac, and removing the sd card and copying the files to it via the sd card slot on the Mac.
Any ideas?

EDIT...

And I copied over the zio file, unzipped it with no problems, but I still get the message about updating and not to power off.

Cheers

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,579 of 2,617
  I also replaced the screen and I have a few additions to your 'howto':
- The original screen is 1mm thick, 1/16" is more than 1,5mm.
- If you use the razorblade-method do not try to wiggle the screen up, inserting the razor (or anything else really thin) should build up enough pressure to make the screen come up. I wiggled my blade and damaged the aluminum.

Thanks for catching that. It should be 1/32". I'll edit now.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,580 of 2,617
  The change of battery discharge happened after latest RB update.
How can I check battery capacity?

I'll try to adjust RB settings.

The way to know for sure is to pop the back off & look. It's listed right on the battery.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #1,581 of 2,617
Just to clarify though, either option shouldn't affect the actual operation of the unit. I.e. If you have a 1500 battery, setting it to 2000 won't magically make it last any longer and if you have the 2000 battery setting it to 1500 shouldn't make it ACTUALLY drain faster. ...isn't the setting just to get the display for battery life more accurate?

Correct - the battery capacity setting only controls the battery indicator. It uses voltage & a simple calculation to determine what % to list the battery at. Having the "wrong" capacity set will only make the reported battery % inaccurate. It won't affect the ACTUAL capacity or runtime of the X3.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,583 of 2,617
  Does Rockboxed X3 can change volume via LO? Mine does.

Also, outputs via both HO and LO at the same time(only on RB). Is this normal too?

Mine does this as well 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back