Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jul 13, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #542 of 2,617

Might want to contact XVortex (Email: <vsoftster> at <gmail> dot <com>)  about this.  I've never experienced any crashes at all.  Corrupted initial installation?  He might want you to reflash (reinstall Rockbox)... don't know.

FYI, I installed Rockbox builds (also kindly provided by XVortex) for the Xuelin iHifi 800. It works great with the 16GB microSD card it came with. Also tried a 128GB microSD (silicon power) and very unstable (can't even normally boot without error/crash). Interestingly, the stock firmware on the player doesn't seem to have an issue with  the 128GB microSD. And the card works in other players (eg, Sansa Clip). Is there a capacity of microSD over which this build of rockbox (I assume the rockbox build for the Xduoo X3 and iHifi 800 by XVortex comes from the same source?) doesn't like?

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #543 of 2,617

Might want to contact XVortex (Email: at dot )  about this.  I've never experienced any crashes at all.  Corrupted initial installation?  He might want you to reflash (reinstall Rockbox)... don't know.

FYI, I installed Rockbox builds (also kindly provided by XVortex) for the Xuelin iHifi 800. It works great with the 16GB microSD card it came with. Also tried a 128GB microSD (silicon power) and very unstable (can't even normally boot without error/crash). Interestingly, the stock firmware on the player doesn't seem to have an issue with  the 128GB microSD. And the card works in other players (eg, Sansa Clip). Is there a capacity of microSD over which this build of rockbox (I assume the rockbox build for the Xduoo X3 and iHifi 800 by XVortex comes from the same source?) doesn't like?

I have a small 8gb sd card in slot one with RB on it. And in slot 2 I have a 128 card

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #544 of 2,617
The easiest way to shuffle everything is via the Database, and I would assume Rockbox scans both cards during the database build.

I don't use the Database, I use straight file browsing. So for me it's more difficult. In file browsing, Rockbox will shuffle the current playlist, whether the current playlist is one folder or three songs.

From time to time, I use Foobar2000 to make an .M3U playlist containing all music in the root folder (Foobar has its own folder on the MSD card for a portable install--very handy). When I want to shuffle everything, I play that playlist shuffled, then add the contents of the second MSD card shuffled.

To do this, go to Files and long press on , select Playlist, Current Playlist, and Insert Shuffled. You now have an on-the-go playlist of all the music on both cards, and you can even save it for later if you want.

This process is easier if you store your music in a Music folder instead of directly in the root of the card (X:Music\Artist\Album\Song). That way you can do the long press/insert shuffled thing on the whole Music folder and eliminate the Foobar step.

I hope that all made sense!

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #545 of 2,617
I'm having a bit of trouble getting the device to recognize the rockbox software. I downloaded both of the folders to the msd as in the instructions, leaving the update folder zipped and unzipping the other and leaving it as .rockbox before putting the msd card back in and attempting to update. Any ideas what may be going wrong??

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #546 of 2,617
I'm having a bit of trouble getting the device to recognize the rockbox software. I downloaded both of the folders to the msd as in the instructions, leaving the update folder zipped and unzipping the other and leaving it as .rockbox before putting the msd card back in and attempting to update. Any ideas what may be going wrong??

Did you rename "update-to-rockbox-xxx.zip" to "update.zip"?

And is your microSD card formatted to FAT32?

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #553 of 2,617
  How long should an initial install take?  I followed everything to a tee, i think.  I have been watching the screen say updating do not turn off for AN HOUR/

Took me a little while, no where near an hour IIRC.
Search this thread, I think that this issue has come up before.

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #554 of 2,617
Ok. Thanks. I reset the player and it booted right back up to the original operating system. Apparently it was doing nothing. I am going to double check the procedures and try again. I would think the renaming was fine or the procedure would not have even started

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #555 of 2,617
Took me a little while, no where near an hour IIRC.
Search this thread, I think that this issue has come up before.

Thanks. Luckily a reset and it started in the stock system just fine. It apparently was doing nothing. I think I found the issue though. I didn't realize it but card number 1 was not fat32. I thought I formatted both but I did not. I read that it has to be update from a fat32 card. The other card was fat 32. I have heard that some have successfully formatted larger cards and they worked even though they are not supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back