Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jul 28, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #571 of 2,617
wondered if it was a version issue as I've been running Rockbox since June.
I'm running same version System: b708dbc-160501 so that's not it.

As a software developer I know that if there's a software issue it's going to effect everyone, not random users.
so I'm at a bit of a loss as to figure out what's going on.

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #572 of 2,617
Well, like I said, I get bored. I decided to try one more time last night. I reformatted my 128g cards again to be safe. FAT32 and verified. I downloaded the files again in case I had a bad download (I had already done this). Then I went through almost this entire discussion. Any post with issues was read. I followed the install steps to the letter. It flashed as it should it booted up to the Rockbox screen and appeared well. Navigated to settings and BAM, panic error. I went t build the database and again panic error, this time in a loop so I hit reset. So I flashed back and tried the next card. Near identical errors. I should add that I nevsr got the second card to be recognized. I did this for three of my cards and it was the same each time. So the final time I thought I would try the manual install. At first I thought it had worked until I tried to build the database. Then I got the error again. I had a little more trouble getting back to stock after that but I finally got it. I should add that I normally have good luck with this type of thing. I have been rooting my phones since the original Droid. Back then there was no automatic way to do it. So I learned to follow things to the letter. I can't help but think I still am missing something simple since others seem to have no issues. I just can't imagine what it is. I have one more idea I am going to try at some point but right now I need a break. Lol.

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #573 of 2,617
BigRalphN:
if you are sure to have formatted your cards to FAT 32 with 4096 kb sectors, then try this.
Uninstall rockbox booting (on Vortex page you find the right file), the try to start all the installation instruciotn from the beginning.
I use a Sandisk 128Gb as first microsd without problem (the 2nd is a 64gb).
Try also to NOT build the rockbox DB...

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #574 of 2,617
The fat32 sector size should not matter.

Given the range of problems people report with SD cards it sounds like the SD card driver is buggy. If you put a fat32 card in and it doesn't work I think you need to debug the driver, not format it a couple more times.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #575 of 2,617
I agree. My microsd Sandisk 128 GB Class 10 has lags only on the Rockboxed Xduoo X3 and, on the contrary, is really fast on other players powered by Rockbox (Sansa Clip+) and laptops. Anyway I did not try to make the database and I don't have more the possibility to try since I returned the Xduoo X3.
Regards,

kalo86

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #576 of 2,617
  I even tried resetting rockbox, but nothing changed...
I really can't get why this is happening.

EDIT: I just noticed something: the delay is of about 7 seconds on flacs with higher bitrate (1.7-1.8 Mbps), while on lower bitrates (1Mbps and lower) the delay is 1.5-2 seconds. Hmm...

I think you may have found the reason.  All my flacs are 16/44.1, so I downloaded some hi-res 24/96 samples with higher bitrates and I can confirm I get the same 6-7s delay when playing those files on Rockbox.  Although I cannot explain why your lower bitrate files have a higher delay than mine.  Just one thought is that my flacs are using compression level 5, I have no idea if that makes a difference but I guess it is worth checking on your side.

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #578 of 2,617
To fix the panic error try setting directory cache to "no".

It's found under settings /general settings /system/disk/

I was originally getting panic errors when navigating too soon after boot but since I changed this setting I've not had a single problem.

As for the mem card not being read, not sure what that is. I use 2 identical 128gb Samsung evo+ and they work perfectly.

What tool are you using to format them?

::EDIT::

I do get a slight delay of about 1 second upon playing the first mp3...but from then on its gapless until I switch to a new album or manually change track.

Not a big deal. Unless you're sitting there manually changing songs after each track I don't see what the problem is. ..

What other player gives you 256gb at this price and has gapless playback?

And even a 6 or 7 second wait before playing the first song is better than just completely cutting out the first and last 1-2 seconds like the stock firmware does.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #580 of 2,617
Anyone having battery life issues with their Rockboxed X3?  I'm getting about 4 to 5 hours of play time at moderate volumes using mostly 320kbps MP3s.

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #581 of 2,617
My battery seems to last anywhere between 7 and 10 hours. Plenty for one day and I just charge it each night or every few nights when I'm only using it on my commute.

Battery life will depend on usage though, so if you're frequently switching tracks for example, it will drain faster (as the unit is having to use more resources).

I use almost exclusively 320kbps mp3 files from deezer, and usually listen to a whole album at a time.

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #582 of 2,617
My battery seems to last anywhere between 7 and 10 hours. Plenty for one day and I just charge it each night or every few nights when I'm only using it on my commute.

Battery life will depend on usage though, so if you're frequently switching tracks for example, it will drain faster (as the unit is having to use more resources).

I use almost exclusively 320kbps mp3 files from deezer, and usually listen to a whole album at a time.

Thanks.  Now that I think about it, I guess I do switch tracks a lot.  This is probably the main reason for the short battery life.

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #583 of 2,617
Yeah. That'll drain it quicker. Tbh battery life isn't great, but then what product does have good battery in this age?

I still think it's enough for at least a days use for most people,and the benefits of this player compared to most others at this price range far outweigh the few drawbacks.

I also have a 16gb Sony Walkman fit example, which has pretty good battery life, but much more limited storage and takes forever and a day to transfer music because it always crashes.

The fact that the xduoo takes 2 micro sd cards means that capacity and transfer speed are both far better than other players on the market, and sound quality is great to boot.

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #584 of 2,617
My battery drains quickly, but I am quite the impatient clicker. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back