Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jun 28, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #512 of 2,617
My understanding is yes it can be installed with Windows 10, the issue was formatting your microSD card to FAT32 with 4096 blocksize.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #513 of 2,617
I have just installed rockbox on my xduoo x3 but I have just realised that I can't read the second micro sd card (the one in slot 2). Is this a known issue or is there anything I can do to solve this?

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #515 of 2,617
Yes it is. I am very scared now as the Xduoo wont turn on in either mode (Rockbox or normal).

It should have 100% battery. So this is not the issue.

Is there any way to turn on the recovery mode or something like that?

*** SOLVED!! ***

I just pressed reset and everything went back to normal. Only thing is now my pc doesn't recognise any of my 2 micro sd cards.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #516 of 2,617
  Yes it is. I am very scared now as the Xduoo wont turn on in either mode (Rockbox or normal).

It should have 100% battery. So this is not the issue.

Is there any way to turn on the recovery mode or something like that?

*** SOLVED!! ***

I just pressed reset and everything went back to normal. Only thing is now my pc doesn't recognise any of my 2 micro sd cards.

Windows will see it if you boot it up in Xduoo's own firmware mode. Do this by having the button lock switch set to on, before pressing the power button to boot it up.

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #517 of 2,617
Since the MicroSD cards are so easy to access on the X3, I usually just pop them out to load music. Much faster.

But yes, the Rockbox firmware won't work correctly for file transfer, but the original firmware will.

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #518 of 2,617
Since the MicroSD cards are so easy to access on the X3, I usually just pop them out to load music. Much faster.

But yes, the Rockbox firmware won't work correctly for file transfer, but the original firmware will.

I find transferring music is faster with a multi card reader

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #519 of 2,617
I use a card reader for any work on the SD Cards, my Win 7 pro doesn't even see the drives with the X3 plugged in. As mentioned transfers are so much faster with the computer/reader why bother with plugging in X3 and using either original or Rockbox firmware.

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #520 of 2,617
Hello folks, need some help here please. I managed to rockbox my X3, the rockbox OS works fine. However, I cannot switch it back to the factory (Xduoo) OS by using "lock ON"+"power" button. The Xduoo logo would come up then freeze, I tried to reset it a few times but the issue remains. Can someone please give me some advice :frowning2:

Jul 2, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #521 of 2,617
Hello folks, need some help here please. I managed to rockbox my X3, the rockbox OS works fine. However, I cannot switch it back to the factory (Xduoo) OS by using "lock ON"+"power" button. The Xduoo logo would come up then freeze, I tried to reset it a few times but the issue remains. Can someone please give me some advice :frowning2:

From Vortex's RockBox page http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm :

<< There is a dual-boot system in the X3 player now which allowed you to run either rockbox or original firmware by your choose. It is simply to made:

1) Turn the X3 OFF;
2) To start Rockbox, just push ON button. To start original firmware turn the "HOLD/LOCK" switch ON;
3) Then push ON button;
4) After Xduoo LOGO appearance turn the "HOLD/LOCK" switch OFF;
5) Bingo!
>>

Jul 2, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #522 of 2,617
From Vortex's RockBox page http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm :

<< There is a dual-boot system in the X3 player now which allowed you to run either rockbox or original firmware by your choose. It is simply to made:

1) Turn the X3 OFF;
2) To start Rockbox, just push ON button. To start original firmware turn the "HOLD/LOCK" switch ON;
3) Then push ON button;
4) After Xduoo LOGO appearance turn the "HOLD/LOCK" switch OFF;
5) Bingo!
>>

Hi ashkoy, thanks for your reply. I tried that but it still freeze up my X3, don't know why.... I even tried rewrite the zip files on the root of my SD cards, still no luck :frowning2:

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #523 of 2,617
  I wasn't able to reproduce the auto-pause issue. I'm on the latest firmware as well, and tried some 320 MP3s and a few FLAC files, but everything played through just fine.

Have you tried resetting the X3 to Rockbox's default configuration? (Save your current configuration first, just in case.)

Did that already, still auto pauses. :| Not sure what the issue is! You did use line-out right?

Jul 2, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #524 of 2,617
  Did that already, still auto pauses. :| Not sure what the issue is! You did use line-out right?

I did. I had it running for an hour through line out at 0db, randomizing a mix of FLAC and 320 MP3. I ran it for 20 minutes undisturbed, then skipped and restarted tracks here and there, but was still unable to reproduce the auto-pause.

I PMed you with another suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back