Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 15, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #92 of 2,617
I just tried to Rockbox my X3 using the method posted by Bob in post #28 of this thread. When I press yes to upgrade it tells me No Firmware File. Coould someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Cheers

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #93 of 2,617

in the other rockbox (device), in the main menu on the top left, there is volume indicator.
not only in While Playing screen..

(this is just a sample, note on the top left, next to battery)

Ah.... gotcha.   I don't have any other Rockboxed devices so.....  
wink.gif

Admittedly that would be a nice touch (as would working remaining battery life hrs/mins indicators). 
biggrin.gif
    All in due time no doubt.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #94 of 2,617
  I just tried to Rockbox my X3 using the method posted by Bob in post #28 of this thread. When I press yes to upgrade it tells me No Firmware File. Could someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Cheers

What do you have on your FAT32 formatted mSD card at the root level ?
You should have:
update.zip
.rockbox

Like this but also with the update zip file in a folder just like .rockbox and the album folders on my mSD card:

Take a look at your zip file and make sure it doesn't have another zip file nested within which has happened to some other folks.

.....back to bed
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #96 of 2,617
  Pardon my lack of intelligence around these things Bob but is the root of the card the same as System Volume Information or should the 2 files not be in this folder. Cheers

I just added a picture in my post above that should help clarify things for you.  And NO that Sys Vol Info is NOT where you want these rockbox related folders placed.  That's a system restore related folder.  The rockbox files don't go into any other folder, they go at the root level:
    J:\.rockbox
    J:\update.zip

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #98 of 2,617
  Thanks Bob. It told me it suceeded, flashed that it was updating. How long does the update normally take?

Not long at all.

BTW why did your mSD card even have that System Volume Information folder on it anyhow?   It doesn't happen using guiformat.exe but I see where you used the utility program vapman recommended.   Maybe it creates that.... weird
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #103 of 2,617
  I'm asking this in the most non-rude possible. But how did you brick this thing? I simply drag and dropped the .Rockbox folder on the root of both SD cards and that was it. It loaded up just fine. (after the firmware upgrade of course).

Just got my X3 yesterday, and plan on getting RB on it this weekend. To confirm , do I need to put the .Rockbox folder on *both* SD cards, or just the one in Slot 1?

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #104 of 2,617
Just got my X3 yesterday, and plan on getting RB on it this weekend. To confirm , do I need to put the .Rockbox folder on *both* SD cards, or just the one in Slot 1?
I put it on both just to be safe. It's small enough to not make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back