Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 9, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #48 of 2,617
Yes seem to be getting this error with more frequent regularity

Yes, I had easily a dozen or more crashes. But since removing the database I had none. I do not really need the database (just wanted to try it) so no problem at all if it does not work (well)...

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #50 of 2,617
Hi Wah Lime,

I am using a Samsung Evo card as the primary card and a Sandisk 128GB card as secondary.....
I am having playback problems with my 32Gb Micro SD card (brand unknown). It's class 10,but probably too slow to play hi res flac files properly. It skips or hiccups quite frequently. One album is not affected, other is unplayable by massive hiccups...
I'm getting me a decent fast card soon :)

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #51 of 2,617

Hi Wah Lime,

I am using a Samsung Evo card as the primary card and a Sandisk 128GB card as secondary.....

I am having playback problems with my 32Gb Micro SD card (brand unknown). It's class 10,but probably too slow to play hi res flac files properly. It skips or hiccups quite frequently. One album is not affected, other is unplayable by massive hiccups...

Class 10 ought to work just fine.  They're probably actually overkill as a good quality Class 4 should do.  That said my two 128Gb mSD cards are Class 10 UHS-1.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #52 of 2,617
Class 10 ought to work just fine.  They're probably actually overkill as a good quality Class 4 should do.  That said my two 128Gb mSD cards are Class 10 UHS-1.
dunno what it is then that messes up the playback this much... I uploaded files to head-fi forum a few weeks ago. They give me problems but other xduoo x3 owners didn't experience issues with these files whatsoever. Micro SD card has been formatted thoroughly, swapped with filesystems a bit to 'reset' it more (well, that's what I think that might happen :) ) and then to FAT32 again... Files copied to it again but still issues.... Strange....

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #53 of 2,617
j0p3Y,

How are you using your Rockboxed X3?  Database?  Playlist?   Miklos found his large database caused significant playback issues that sound much like what you're experiencing.  Me?  One humongeous playlist!

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #54 of 2,617
Subbed

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #55 of 2,617

There's been many threads regarding brands of SD cards & their measured versus claimed specs. Have you tried another SD card with your files to see if that fixes things? I only use Samsung EVO or SanDisk, both have been tested & measured well in comparisons. Yes, they cost a little more, but quality usually costs more. =)

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-microsd-card/

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #56 of 2,617
j0p3Y,

How are you using your Rockboxed X3?  Database?  Playlist?   Miklos found his large database caused significant playback issues that sound much like what you're experiencing.  Me?  One humongeous playlist!
I just play the songs by selecting one of the sd cards an then just selecting the map (which is album) and then the first song... The rest of the songs follow :)
I think I just have to check the integrity of this sd card. I have some software I can use for that. But.... Unfortunately I messed up my pc recently. By dedusting I rendered my mainboard useless and now I have some sort of memory issue... Hope to get it fixed soon...

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #57 of 2,617

I have pointed this out earlier as an issue that could do with resolving as it doesn't occur on any of my Rock Boxed Sansa devices; the volume can only be controlled whilst you are in the 'Whilst Playing Screen' ... on my unit and possibly yours by the sounds of things at least !

Thank you.  I realized this the next day.  I was confused why my volume was working and then later on in the day when i was browsing albums it wasn't working.  Made sense that was what it was.

There's been many threads regarding brands of SD cards & their measured versus claimed specs. Have you tried another SD card with your files to see if that fixes things? I only use Samsung EVO or SanDisk, both have been tested & measured well in comparisons. Yes, they cost a little more, but quality usually costs more. =)

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-microsd-card/

I have a speed 2 and my flac files work fine on sandisk.

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #58 of 2,617
Hi,

I just received my X3 and directly put rockbox on it. First of all thanks for the great work!
From what I see/hear everything seems to work fine.

Just one thing puzzling me with my device. During normal playback (not charging) it gets noticably warm. Not really hot like smouldering electronics, but also not just room temperature like my phone or my old Sansa Clip. I didn't test it with the original Firmware, but I'd be interested if anyone else noticed something like that with Rockbox.
I just want to make sure my device is physically ok.

I'll contintue my tests.. :)

Cheers,
rhalina

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #59 of 2,617
  Just one thing puzzling me with my device. During normal playback (not charging) it gets noticably warm. Not really hot like smouldering electronics, but also not just room temperature like my phone or my old Sansa Clip.

Don't worry - they all do that - on stock firmware and on RockBox.  More noticeable if you keep it in a pocket or case when in use.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #60 of 2,617
For those experiencing random crash after boot with "Stkov Dirchache" message or other complete freeze as I have sometimes (no database playing , x3 only used in file explorer mode) with big and/or slow cards, try to wait 10 to 20 sec after booting before clicking any key: it worked for me in avoiding any crashes or freezes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back