Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 8, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #31 of 2,617
  I have Rockboxed with 770857a-160405 version and everything is working perfectly, except for all my OGG files. These files played well with Rockbox on Iriver h140 and with VLC. Everyone else got this problem? @XVortex thanks for your work!

I personally don't have any OGG files (strictly FLAC here) but you're not the first to flag issues with them.  Member Sojek among others has posted similar laments.

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #32 of 2,617
It seems a little bit strange for me as some of the OGG files tested were made back in 2006 and we're playable since then on every system I had since then

But all others files (included wma or FLAC 24/192) plays fine!

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #33 of 2,617
Hello all,

I have installed two days ago Rockbox - and also installed the update.

Then I filled up two 128GB micro SD cards and refreshed the database

Now I am getting frequent crashes. Sometimes the unit completely freezes up (have to press the reset button), other times I am getting Panic - stkov dircache (and it resets) or Panic  - Tlb Refill Handler at 0x8005464c! [0x18]

Is this happening with others too? Is there a fix?

Thank you for any suggestions....

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #34 of 2,617
One more observation: if I plug the USB cable in the Xduuo - I consistently get a crash with the same Stkov Dirchache message...
Restarting (without disconnecting) solves the issue...

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #35 of 2,617
  One more observation: if I plug the USB cable in the Xduuo - I consistently get a crash with the same Stkov Dirchache message...
Restarting (without disconnecting) solves the issue...

I always slide the lock switch to LOCK position for Factory firmware operation and then plug in my USB cable.  In other words I always use the factory mode for file management.  I do the same thing with my AC wall wart to charge the X3.  Specifically I slide the switch to LOCK and then plug in the charger.  I've had Z E R O problems this way.  It's one of the advantages to having a dual boot DAP
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #36 of 2,617
  Hello all,

Now I am getting frequent crashes. Sometimes the unit completely freezes up (have to press the reset button), other times I am getting Panic - stkov dircache (and it resets) or Panic  - Tlb Refill Handler at 0x8005464c! [0x18]

Might want to contact XVortex (Email: <vsoftster> at <gmail> dot <com>)  about this.  I've never experienced any crashes at all.  Corrupted initial installation?  He might want you to reflash (reinstall Rockbox)... don't know.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #37 of 2,617
Thank you Bob - I will try that. The issue is that I get (frequent) crashes just for regular operation too.

I am wondering - maybe my database is too large and/or messed up? I have removed the rockbox files from my SD card and copied a fresh set of files.

That way I got rid of the database files (as I did not create a database this time). We will see if that makes a difference....

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #38 of 2,617
Miklos,

I can't comment about the database size as I don't use that function.  I simply like variety so I've taken all my music on both my 128Gb cards and created one humongeous playlist which I use in a random mode.

On ocassion I'll select an individual album to play but what I described about using a huge playlist in my norm.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #39 of 2,617
  Hello all,

Which brand of mSD card did you use? It happens to me as well when I using a low quality mSD card. But, after getting a Samsung EVO mSD everything works fine. So, try another mSD if you have. Remember that rockbox needs the .rockbox file in your mSD card to operate. Besides, it might also due to micro SD slot faulty which causing disconnection of your mSD. You could try to put your mSD into SD2 slot to test if the problem persist.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #40 of 2,617
Hi Wah Lime,

I am using a Samsung Evo card as the primary card and a Sandisk 128GB card as secondary. Since I nuked the database ( in which I had probably 30k entries) all seems to be good.

So maybe Rockbox does not like large and or unclean database entries? No issue - as I do not need it anyway.

Thank you for your suggestion though - could have been a reason.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #42 of 2,617
Hello all,

Yes seem to be getting this error with more frequent regularity

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #43 of 2,617
A quick question.  I understand about the cards having to be formatted in FAT32 etc... But the location of the music files - I typically have my files structured in folders "Artist">"Album">"Song", Where all the "Artist" folders sit within the root of each card.  I thought had read somewhere that with RockBox you need to have a "Music" folder in the root of each card, and then put your "Artist">"Album">"Song" structure within that.  Is that correct, or did I make that up?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back