Rockbox Xduoo X3
Nov 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #946 of 2,617
  Riolist2 is exactly right. You can also add everything on the Slot 2 card by selecting Files and then long-pressing Play while <microSD1> is highlighted. Then choose Curren Playlist - Insert Shuffled.

You can also tell Rockbox where to start the File browser. Riolist, it appears yours starts within the Music folder; you can clear this setting by long-pressing Play when Files is highlighted in the main menu and scrolling to the bottom of the options to "Start File Browser at /". To set a specific directory, highlight the directory, long-press Play, and choose "Start File Browser Here". You can also tell Rockbox which folder contains you Playlists in the same way, otherwise it defaults to a folder named "Playlists" in your root directory.

Information dump follows:

About how Rockbox treats files: everything is Playlist based. When you select a single track in a folder, Rockbox will automatically create a playlist that includes every music file within that folder and play through them according to your settings (shuffle, repeat, etc.). You can add tracks, remove tracks, rearrange them, etc. and even save the current playlist if you like it.

So if you want to Shuffle all tracks on your player, you have to add everything to the current playlist. Riolist's solution is the simplest: store all your music folders within one parent folder, and when you want to play everything, select the parent folder, long-press Play, select Current Playlist - Insert Shuffled. If you don't add new music often, save this new shuffled Playlist as "Everything" so you can use it later.

If the player is currently playing something, your music will be shuffled into the current playlist. If the player is stopped (not paused, but stopped; you can stop playback by pressing the power button), Rockbox will start fresh and only include the music in the selected folder.

When you select "Insert Shuffled", Rockbox creates a randomised Playlist, and then plays straight through it. If you select "Repeat All", when it reaches the end of the randomised Playlist, it will start over and play your randomised tracks in the same order as before. This is handy, because there are never any repeated tracks when Shuffled (unless you have several instances of the same song in your collection). If you wish to listen to the same Playlist but Shuffled into a different order, then on the While Playing Screen, long-press Play to call up the Playlist menu, and select "Reshuffle" at the bottom of the menu.

Thanks JackiesFridge, this is why Rockbox is so fantastic and unique; years of thought and work geared towards giving users the ultimate flexibility and control over how their device operates, both on an organizational and sound-wise basis. There is no manufacturers native firmware that will ever come close to this level of control and flexibility because the cost and time to develop it would exceed by many times the cost and time of developing the hardware itself, yet we have it all in Rockbox, for free, on many compatible players. It's a phenomenal example of the power of software, and of the community of free software developers.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #948 of 2,617
I'm not sure, but I don't think Rockbox is designed to play CD images. I think it's too much of a burden on the system.

It may play a CD image that you have ripped to FLAC format with a CUE sheet, however. Just play the FLAC file itself, not the CUE sheet.

Are you able to play the CD image through the file browser?

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #950 of 2,617
Thank You. Yes cue support activated and i can access any play the file correctry, all tracks avaible with next and previous buttons, from file browser. Its just not added to the database. Already try severals database update/initiate with no luck.

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #951 of 2,617
Thank You. Yes cue support activated and i can access any play the file correctry, all tracks avaible with next and previous buttons, from file browser. Its just not added to the database. Already try severals database update/initiate with no luck.

Do the files actually have proper tags? The database doesn't read cue files, so it depends on tag metadata for all files.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #952 of 2,617
Thanks Thezac. Re-assuring.

Absolutely, Yes I would urge anyone who has faith in Rockbox, if you haven't already done so, do make a donation. Without his software I would not have even opted to buy an XDUOO® X3 from the gazillion choices currently available on the market (well, at least on Amazon
regular_smile%20.gif
). I was so impressed the day I installed Rockbox, I rushed to his website to make a donation immediately. No joke. Y'all help & show your support for Romain (xvortex); will probably help ensure his software will get even more impressive in leaps and bounds. Cheers.

Agreed. That said, xduoo should make the biggest donation.

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #953 of 2,617
Nov 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #955 of 2,617
vicnsi, try the following:
Settings - General Settings - System - Disk - Directory Cache - No

My X3 gave me the panic error when I would start pressing buttons too soon after boot. Disabling the Directory Cache seemed to fix the issue.

XVortex's newest release seems to have resolved it for me, and my cache has been enabled for a month or so now with no issues.

This worked for me!  Thanks so much.

I used to get daily crashes, this fixes the problem, not to mention the battery life seems to improve quite a bit.

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #956 of 2,617
Any improvement of sound in XVortex's newest release? 

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #957 of 2,617
Hello,
after my xduoo froze and I had to reset I no longer have working prev, nex, play and pause buttons when playing music. The buttons do work when I navigate the rockbox menu. Any ideas ?

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #958 of 2,617
  Hello,
after my xduoo froze and I had to reset I no longer have working prev, nex, play and pause buttons when playing music. The buttons do work when I navigate the rockbox menu. Any ideas ?

Hi.

If the buttons works to navigate in RockBox menu, it seems there is no hardware failure here. Maybe during the failure a critic RockBox file got corrupted in the freeze/reboot. How about trying to reinstall the  .rockbox directory ? (maybe saving the config.cfg in .rockbox first, if you spent time configuring your player's functions)

Thezac

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #959 of 2,617

Hi.

If the buttons works to navigate in RockBox menu, it seems there is no hardware failure here. Maybe during the failure a critic RockBox file got corrupted in the freeze/reboot. How about trying to reinstall the  .rockbox directory ? (maybe saving the config.cfg in .rockbox first, if you spent time configuring your player's functions)

Thezac

+1 on try to reinstall RB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back