rockbox on ipod is here
Feb 1, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #46 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Sweet. That means I can load wma, and ogg into ipod. Also finally some nice EQ. Yah, iPod kicks ass.

Ogg yes, wma no. Rockbox does not currently support wma.

Feb 1, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #48 of 124
Any word of being able to still use the video/picture viewing features with future versions of Rockbox for the 5G?

Feb 1, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #51 of 124
I just saw in at the rockbox installation instructions that installing the rockbox is avilable via USB only, is that a thing going to be changed? or i'll have to buy a usb cable? (god damn apple prices)

Feb 1, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #52 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Ogg yes, wma no. Rockbox does not currently support wma.

I should take this moment to inform those waiting for any kind of open source program supporting WMA to not hold your breath; WMA is a close licensed black box of a format, and will probably never be made available for the general public to develop on. (That's why it will never have a role in my music or computer
biggrin.gif
)

580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 1, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #53 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yotam
I just saw in at the rockbox installation instructions that installing the rockbox is avilable via USB only, is that a thing going to be changed? or i'll have to buy a usb cable? (god damn apple prices)

I only have firewire and an AMD PC and it worked fine for me.

Feb 2, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #56 of 124
Does it support flac?

I just grabbed an H120 on eBay just to run Rockbox for gapless flac. But the one thing the iRiver will have over the iPod is the digital out. If you have a Micro Stack, it's a must have....

Feb 2, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #58 of 124
God - I simply can't wait until they are done with this for the 5G and the 4G B&W. I could have a stock iPod and a RockBox iPod. Scwheet!
icon10.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #60 of 124
Ogg?! WavPack?! FLAC?! iPod?!
eek.gif

Dream come true. As LFF, I must wait for G4 B&W compatibility.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back