rockbox on ipod is here
Jan 30, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #16 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
UMS, EQ, gapless are enough thanks

hope gapless won't kill the battery life...?

Why would gapless kill the battery?

Jan 30, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #17 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by busta
That renders it useless to me at the moment. Can't wait until they get it fully functioning though!

Well yeah, firmware that runs on a DAP but doesn't support audio playback isn't really good for anything other than proof of concept. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we get full functionality on the 5G .

Jan 30, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #18 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Sigh... Rockbox for Karma, anyone? I'd gladly give up WMA support for mass storage compliance...

580smile.gif
Abe

Amen, Brother.
etysmile.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #19 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis
Amen, Brother.
etysmile.gif

I'm not the only one in this lonely boat, eh? Nice! I sure hope the Karma could be made open source- it's no longer in production, and I doubt what's left of Rio sees much value in keeping the firmware closed to future development now, especially if they sever the black box that is WMA- there's no need for it, and I see that as the only roadblock to the ideal Karma system.

580smile.gif
Abe

Jan 30, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #21 of 124
True story. Hopefully not too soon though as I ordered a Karma last night and have spent many hours sorting out my tags for it. Be rather annoyed if that effort was wasted as my folders were already well organised
tongue.gif

When they do get this fully fuctional it'll be very intresting as the iPod has always been a good player but I'm one of those people who fancied a few more features.

Jan 30, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #22 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhotchikxx
is album art supported on rockbox?

it sounds like its not complete yet. i dont think the color is even working yet. just browsing folders and playing files.

Jan 30, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #23 of 124
this looks utterly awesome! i was gonna sell my 60gb photo to fund a h340, nut if it has gapless and the ipod navi, i might just stick with it! will test and report back.

Jan 30, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #25 of 124
That is primarily hardware related.

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #26 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Among other things:
  1. Gapless playback
  2. UMS (iTunes not required)
  3. User-configurable while playing screen
  4. Parametric EQ (just implemented today)
  5. Much more
For an overview of Rockbox's features, check out the online documentation here: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WikiManual.

What's the use of Parametric Equalizing? Does it make the iPod sound better or is it just more options for tuning the sound?
confused.gif

Also anyone think the iPod Rockbox firmware will have the option to navigate with filetrees? I would finally join the masses and buy one.
icon10.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #27 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
What's the use of Parametric Equalizing? Does it make the iPod sound better or is it just more options for tuning the sound?
confused.gif

Also anyone think the iPod Rockbox firmware will have the option to navigate with filetrees? I would finally join the masses and buy one.
icon10.gif

thats how it works now. filetree. i imagine thats a lot easier for them.

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #28 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
confused.gif

icon10.gif

It's just a way to have more control on the sound frequencies.

Jan 31, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #30 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhotchikxx
Can u boot the rockbox firmware, the apple firmware, and the iPod linux firmware if u install rockbox? I would not like to lose the iPod linux firmware.

I would imagine the answer to that is yes, considering this is possible with the iRiver. On my H1xx, all I have to do is hold down the record button while it's booting. On the iPod, the button would have a different assignment obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back