Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jun 16, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #993 of 1,316
Here's new firmware: 2015.06.16 (based on 2.3.0)
Please note: there's a changes to be tested. If you don't have card reader, put official firmware update.img to your microSD card first, so you can repair if something's wrong.
If you're new, read my signature.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #995 of 1,316
I hope someone can help me.  I updated my firmware to 2.3.0 the other day. Rockbox no longer worked.  I downloaded the link above (2015.06.16) but I just don't understand what I have to do now to get it to work.  I tried installing it on my DX90 and nothing worked. I got so frustrated that I just deleted everything related to Rockbox from the internal memory.  SO at this point I am using the DX90 firmware (2.3.0.)  Is there someone out there that can explain the process to me in EASY idiot-friendly language so I can continue to enjoy Rockbox on my DX90?  Thanks!

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #996 of 1,316
  I hope someone can help me.  I updated my firmware to 2.3.0 the other day. Rockbox no longer worked.  I downloaded the link above (2015.06.16) but I just don't understand what I have to do now to get it to work.  I tried installing it on my DX90 and nothing worked. I got so frustrated that I just deleted everything related to Rockbox from the internal memory.  SO at this point I am using the DX90 firmware (2.3.0.)  Is there someone out there that can explain the process to me in EASY idiot-friendly language so I can continue to enjoy Rockbox on my DX90?  Thanks!

download napka's firmware from here.
download rockbox from here.
put update.img and .rockbox folder to your internal memory and update.

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #997 of 1,316

Thanks for writing back.  I did what you told me: downloaded napka's firmware and rockbox from the links you provided, moved them to my internal memory and updated.  After the update, I get the dual boot menu. When I touch the Lockbox icon, I get an error screen saying that "the lockbox installation is missing. Make sure you have a valid lockbox build installed to the internal drive of your player in the lockbox folder."  Am I doing something wrong or could it be a problem with my unit?  (When I downloaded the rockbox  folder, I opened it on my desktop and it was empty. When I checked it's properties, It said that there was 27.2 MB of information in the folder, but I cannot see it at all.)

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #1,002 of 1,316
If anybody wants a handle little program (exe or source) that will auto generate your playlists, I wrote one when I should have been working yesterday 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back