Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
May 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #856 of 1,316
i tried the RB version, and somehow I just couldnt get used to it, and prefer Mango in comparison, seems Mango is easier to navigate , RB seems complicated to the eye

May 16, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #858 of 1,316
Complicated but powerful
wink_face.gif

if only they can work on the navigations, it's quite a headache to move around in the menus

May 16, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #859 of 1,316
if only they can work on the navigations, it's quite a headache to move around in the menus

I like to set mine to just start at "mnt/external sd" (I think that's right anyways) so I just see my music when I start up rockbox. That way I don't have to navigate the menu unless I need to get to something in the settings.

May 16, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #860 of 1,316
i tried the RB version, and somehow I just couldnt get used to it, and prefer Mango in comparison, seems Mango is easier to navigate , RB seems complicated to the eye

The key word here is 'seems'. It may seem complicated, but try to use it for a couple of weeks or so and once you're already used to all it's nooks and crannies, you'll see a sea of possibilities not to be found anywhere else - there is not a single DAP software with as many options available to the end-user other than RB. With other firmwares the power over your DAP lays mostly in the hands of programmers; with RB YOU are who's holding the steering wheel!

(And if that's not enough, the source code is available whenever you fill like coding yourself too!)

May 16, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #861 of 1,316
The key word here is 'seems'. It may seem complicated, but try to use it for a couple of weeks or so and once you're already used to all it's nooks and crannies, you'll see a sea of possibilities not to be found anywhere else - there is not a single DAP software with as many options available to the end-user other than RB. With other firmwares the power over your DAP lays mostly in the hands of programmers; with RB YOU are who's holding the steering wheel!

(And if that's not enough, the source code is available whenever you fill like coding yourself too!)

well, the second part of the annoyance is the chinese characters not showing up, its showing square blocks even when i change encoding to simplified chinese, well, Mango is still my "to go" option, but I'm keeping the RB as backup

May 16, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #862 of 1,316
  well, the second part of the annoyance is the chinese characters not showing up, its showing square blocks even when i change encoding to simplified chinese, well, Mango is still my "to go" option, but I'm keeping the RB as backup

For foreign characters support, you should add font and (maybe, not all languages) set character set in options.

May 16, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #863 of 1,316
I think I  detected a bug in RB. When I play X - Ed Sheraan in FLAC format, RB plays only the first 10 seconds of each song. 

However it plays without problem in Mango from the same SD card. 

May 16, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #864 of 1,316
  I think I  detected a bug in RB. When I play X - Ed Sheraan in FLAC format, RB plays only the first 10 seconds of each song. 

However it plays without problem in Mango from the same SD card. 

Is it a 24/192 files? Does it use cue sheets?

May 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #865 of 1,316
Hi. I just want to thank all the devs involved in bringing RockBox to the Dx90. Ive been waiting for proper playlist support on mango, but as it seems that it will never happen, today I went ahead and installed rockbox.
Needless to say that playlist support is top notch!
I only have one question, is it possible to eliminate duplicated entries in playlists within rockbox?

Thanks again!

May 17, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #867 of 1,316
Hi, I jus have another question.

Does the rockbox port uses the sharp or slow rolloff digital filter on the dac configuration. Is it possible to change it?

Thanks

May 18, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #869 of 1,316
i don't know what to observe between sharp filter and slow filter, just tried and couldn't observe anything

May 18, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #870 of 1,316
i don't know what to observe between sharp filter and slow filter, just tried and couldn't observe anything

One member here said that only on FW 2.1.8 and above the slow and fast filter work properly, otherwise it's bugged and only the fast works.

To me the difference is quite notable. Sharp sounds more dynamic and there are more edges to the timbre of instruments while slow sounds warmer more dull and to me less detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back