Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Feb 10, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #1,606 of 2,020
Noob question here: what is the " official Rockbox repository"?
It's where the Rockbox source code is held;

http://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=tree

.. And where all the official builds come from. until now, nobody ever had an official build on his DX50/DX90 I think. But (I hope) soon you will be able to download a very well working build from the rockbox page with all the latest rockbox changes.
To get changes into this repository, every developer needs to upload his changes to "gerrit". In gerrit all other rockbox devs can look at the proposed change and give tips what cold be done better or just deny it. The dev can then correct his proposed change until all senior devs are happy (what sometimes never happens). Then, one of the senior devs merges the change to the repository. Through this procedure we had to go, me first and later ArgelErx. But my change (initial DX50/90 submission which was not very professional) has not been looked at very critical while ArgelErx had to put a lot of effort into splitting his "cleanup" into small changes.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #1,607 of 2,020
Originally Posted by cholero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The difference with "Moder UI" is:
  1. in WPS -> Turn off backlight
To go to the main menu from WPS you need to press and hold play button.
The other difference is, that when screen is off, no button will enable backlight except "Power" button. And when Power button is pressed, the current Power Button action (like cancel) is ignored.

I would have liked to extend the "modern ui" mod to one thing: it should jump to WPS when display goes off, no matter where in the menu you are currently. It seemed to me to be not easily implementable

OK - I didn't realize it was only in the WPS but mine still doesn't do that; press and hold play does go to main menu but power doesn't seem to do anything in WPS until you press it long enough to shutdown...

Does this need default theme (I changed it to naranjada)?

Sorry if silly question - still very new to this.

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #1,608 of 2,020
  Does this need default theme (I changed it to naranjada)?

Good decicion
biggrin.gif
, but "no", button mapping is theme-independent.
  OK - I didn't realize it was only in the WPS but mine still doesn't do that; press and hold play does go to main menu but power doesn't seem to do anything in WPS until you press it long enough to shutdown...

this is proven to be working 
confused.gif
. What build are you using? Do other buttons than "power" also wake up the screen when it was dark?

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #1,609 of 2,020
  Good decicion
biggrin.gif
, but "no", button mapping is theme-independent.
this is proven to be working 
confused.gif
. What build are you using? Do other buttons than "power" also wake up the screen when it was dark?

OK - if you lock and then unlock it wakes. That and the power button are the only actions that do.

I used the link on page one of this thread (as of about a week ago).

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #1,618 of 2,020
  Would it be possible to have the backlight go on, and screen to wake up by double tapping the screen?

I was able to turn off the backlight without turning off the touchscreen, although it burn battery like crazy so I doubt it will be a good idea.

Without choleros modern ui mod:

Every button press will activate backlight (except with hold engaged). Touchscreen acts as button in this regard.

Settings -> General Settings -> Display -> LCD Settings -> Sleep (After Backlight Off)

This determins how long the touchscreen will stay alive after the backlight is off.

Settings -> General Settings -> Display -> LCD Settings -> First Buttonpress Enables Backlight Only

Does what the name implies.

Touchscreen/backlight/button interaction is still a work in progress. The modern ui mod and the hold switch configuration is still under review.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,620 of 2,020
But that means the screen lights up when I change tracks with the buttons, I'd like the screen to light up when I double tap it, like on the LG G2. I know I'm difficult :xf_eek:  

that's more of a kernel settings for android handhelds and hardware for LG G2. i think it is possible but not useful. you'll just waste your dap's precious battery life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back