Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Dec 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,366 of 2,020
I have totally drain the battery and it lasts 7h15 according to "running time".

Edit : I have recharged my dx50 with Rockbox and at 100% it displays 8h45.

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,367 of 2,020
So here is my second try of the patched DX50 firmware 1.6.0 with cwm. It also contains the rockbox dualboot app (version 20141013), that means after the firmware update it should already work:
1.6.0+cwm+rbdual 
as always: at your own risk

I've tried it coming from 1.5.0+cwm with the old stock_recovery.zip from Ilia  -> worked
I've tried to upgrade to it from stock 1.6.0  -> worked
I've also tried to overwrite the rockbox dualboot app with the dualboot-app-cwm-zip (just to test CWM and system partition) -> worked

Take the rockbox builds from post #1292 if you don't have it already. Extract it to the internal drive.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,368 of 2,020
Ok, here's another thing I found today. Since this thread seems to be the flycatcher at the moment. 

I'm probably the only person who uses it, but I like to use random folder advance. So when all the tracks in one folder are done playing, it jumps to a randomly picked new folder and starts there. To use it you have to use the random folder advance configuration plugin (sorry if I don't have the name exactly right) to set up all the folders you want to use for this, so it knows what to look through when picking a random folder. 

This plugin, when used as supplied, doesn't work currently. It starts counting folders, and somehow gets in a loop or something and doesn't stop. 

There's a cheap and easy fix, that was suggested on the rockbox forum to me - creating small .txt file named folder_advance_dir.txt, with just the paths of the places you have your audio files stored. You can have just the root of both the internal card and the external sd card, or I just have the external sd card in mine. Throw this file in your .rockbox directory, and the plugin works normally. 

I've never had to use this file with rockbox on the other players I've used, which leads to my question - maybe there are some settings you need to specify for this plugin before compiling rockbox? To make it "just work"? I don't know much about coding for rockbox, so forgive me if my words are wrong, or even naive. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #1,369 of 2,020
I'm listening to most tracks at -26db to -30db.  Is it just me or am I really listening at really soft volumes.  Everyone I know seems to be at a much higher volume.

Usually sitting at 185-195 volume on stock OS.

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #1,370 of 2,020
Line out or headphone out? If it's headphone out, it totally depends on what you're using it with. If it's the line out, I always use 0db, and use the volume control on my power amp. This also depends on what you're driving though. There are no hard and fast rules - do what suits your needs. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #1,371 of 2,020
  Line out or headphone out? If it's headphone out, it totally depends on what you're using it with. If it's the line out, I always use 0db, and use the volume control on my power amp. This also depends on what you're driving though. There are no hard and fast rules - do what suits your needs. 

Headphone out just driving a pair of Brainwavz M3.  

I've actually opened up a can of worms for myself (did a bit of searching on the forums just then) with dB ratings but found no hard answers.  I probably didn't know where to look.

On rockbox at 0 volume, it's sitting at -99dB.  If I'm listening at -30dB, it really means it's sitting at 69dB issen't it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm having blonde moments today.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #1,372 of 2,020
@sduck: the random advance config file is needed because androids file system has thousands of strange files in it and thousands of symbolic links. So you have to set a filter for the folders. "/mnt" should be good. Maybe we should look if it is not possible to create this file when the plugin is compiled.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #1,373 of 2,020
Yes, it works fine with the txt file; but I didn't need one with the official builds for the various irivers and sansa players I've used in the past. That's why I'm wondering if there's some kind of argument you can add to the plugin pre-compile that does the requisite directory limiting. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #1,377 of 2,020
Dear Cholero,

I just tried your Rockbox file: it works perfectly ! I wish you will succeed with ArgelErx to port Rockbox as it should and then we would share all the work done by the music lovers community...

Thank you again !

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,379 of 2,020
  Minor issue with screen not going idle when USB transfering is occuring.  Is this normal?

rockbox crashes when usb is connected as mass storage. The usb picture is already a big luxury :wink: . The picture is displayed by the dualboot app, when rockbox crashes because of the sdcard umont (?). Maybe it will never be solved but it is not a big problem anyway.

I just tried your Rockbox file: it works perfectly ! I wish you will succeed with ArgelErx to port Rockbox as it should and then we would share all the work done by the music lovers community...

Thank you again !

Merci ;o)

de rien :) credits go to iBasso, Ilia, ArgelErx and the rockbox dev's

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,380 of 2,020
  rockbox crashes when usb is connected as mass storage. The usb picture is already a big luxury :wink: . The picture is displayed by the dualboot app, when rockbox crashes because of the sdcard umont (?). Maybe it will never be solved but it is not a big problem anyway.
de rien :) credits go to iBasso, Ilia, ArgelErx and the rockbox dev's

Agreed it's not a big issue at all.  I was just thinking if I've done something wrong somewhere lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back