Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Dec 1, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,336 of 2,020
  Also is there any conceivable way that the DAC functionality could be implemented into RB?

The DX devices are not class I USB audio devices. They require a driver. This makes it unlikely that Rockbox can or will support USB DAC functionality.

Personally i do not use the device as DAC and have not tested if it works or not.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #1,338 of 2,020
Dear Cholero,

Having a look on your zip file cwm_rb-bootloader_1_6_0_sdcard_2014-11-24.zip  I noticed that its size is only 612 kb in comparison with 1442 kb with the previous one: opening the zip file, it seems that the mango player file size is really smaller that the one from the 1.5 version... Could it be the problem ?: I tried to re-download your file, but the size is 612 kb...

Looking forward to reading you soon,

Besy regards

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #1,339 of 2,020

iBasso states a running time of 10h with the PISON battery.

I get a runing time about 9:30h with a stock Samsung SIII battery.

The inaccurate clock of the ibasso rockbox needs to be taken as well into account.
If you go to the running time screen (while music is playing), and doing a real time stop watch, 60 seconds "rockbox" time will be about 66 seconds in reality.
So a shown running time of 8 hours will be in reality about nearly 9 hours.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #1,340 of 2,020
 I noticed that its size is only 612 kb in comparison with 1442 kb with the previous one: opening the zip file, it seems that the mango player file size is really smaller that the one from the 1.5 version... Could it be the problem ?: I tried to re-download your file, but the size is 612 kb...

Yes I noticed too and was surprised. But I can confirm that my working MangoPlayer_original is around the size you mentioned. So I guess it is not the problem.

Edit: I did a checksum comparison of the sendspace file and the one I used to install the bootloader on my device. They match.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #1,341 of 2,020
  The inaccurate clock of the ibasso rockbox needs to be taken as well into account.
If you go to the running time screen (while music is playing), and doing a real time stop watch, 60 seconds "rockbox" time will be about 66 seconds in reality.
So a shown running time of 8 hours will be in reality about nearly 9 hours.

The clock is slower on the iBasso player's rockbox, that's right, but I don't think that the time's speed is included in the calculation for the remaining time.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,343 of 2,020
Just updated my player to the newest dual boot cwm and the latest stock rockbox. Thanks for your work on this guys! Everything works fine. 

I did not update to stock 1.60 - I never use the stock firmware, don't need the hassle of keeping up. 

I had a bit of hassle with the hardware < and > buttons not working again - you may remember I had that problem before. I had loaded my old .cfg file, everything worked except for those buttons. I reset the config file, it still didn't work. I ended up completely deleting both my config file and the default one, and then the buttons started working again. Weird. My setup isn't too complicated, so recreating it isn't a big hassle though. 

The battery indication is off, as has been noted before. With a full charge it only reads 93% full. Haven't had a chance to run it all the way down yet. It worked fine before, it still should. I would think you'd want to set up the battery reading for the stock battery, not a third party one. Perhaps make a setting for different battery types. 

Still, despite small things, it works great - thanks for both of your efforts!

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #1,344 of 2,020
Hello Cholero,

Now that I know how to recover my player I tried again (without success):

I flashed your dx50_1.6.0_cwm.zip using the integrated "firmware update" option of the stock 1.60 firmware:
- I tried to reboot once straight to the stock firmware without issue (just to check if everything was still ok after flash),
- I then reboot to CWM recovery and I tried to flash your cwm_rb-bootloader_1_6_0_sdcard_2014-11-24.zip: I got again an error, but it also displayed "installation aborted",
- When I tried to reboot the player, I got the same problem: player stuck at the starting screen...

So maybe there is something in the dx50_1.6.0_cwm.zip (I followed successfully the Rockbox flashing procedure with the 1.5 firmware, and as I explanied I do not understand what I did wrong...).

Thank you for your support!

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,346 of 2,020
I updated my player to the new CWM and the latest stock Rockbox dual boot. Thanks for your good work guys! Everything works fine.

These are the files used:

dx50 1.6.0 cwm.zip

cwm rb-bootloader 1.6.0 sd card 2014-11-24.zip

ArgelErx's cleanup ps4 + my modern ui 

I tested the battery.
With 240 volume with midgain and 45 minutes of screen on.
Connected for 25% of the time to an amplifier.
Headphones 75% (25 ohms) and the duration was 13 hours !!.

Everything works fine - Thank you both for your efforts !.

Greetings.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #1,347 of 2,020
  Just updated my player to the newest dual boot cwm and the latest stock rockbox. Thanks for your work on this guys! Everything works fine. 

I did not update to stock 1.60 - I never use the stock firmware, don't need the hassle of keeping up. 

Yes! Feels great not beeing the only 100% rockbox-addict 
wink.gif

I had a bit of hassle with the hardware < and > buttons not working again - you may remember I had that problem before. I had loaded my old .cfg file, everything worked except for those buttons. I reset the config file, it still didn't work. I ended up completely deleting both my config file and the default one, and then the buttons started working again. Weird. My setup isn't too complicated, so recreating it isn't a big hassle though. 

strange, don't know why that is. once you got everything working make sure you store the configuration.

Dec 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #1,348 of 2,020
I updated my player to the new CWM and the latest stock Rockbox dual boot. Thanks for your good work guys! Everything works fine.

These are the files used:
dx50 1.6.0 cwm.zip
cwm rb-bootloader 1.6.0 sd card 2014-11-24.zip
ArgelErx's cleanup ps4 + my modern ui 
  I tested the battery.
With 240 volume with midgain and 45 minutes of screen on.
Connected for 25% of the time to an amplifier.
Headphones 75% (25 ohms) and the duration was 13 hours !!.

Everything works fine - Thank you both for your efforts !.

Greetings.

Wow thank you! Finally someone confirming that 1.6.0 works with rockbox.
13hours is mot than I expected. But you were runningstock firmware if you say 240 volume, didn't you?

@pkdick
 : I finished download of the patched firmware 1.6.0 and it checksum-matches the one I am using. As you see, tingis has it working. Maybe you should download again the the firmware and try again.
here are my md5sums:
4cd050d6ad620610d1a2376d47b92a29 update.img
dfc814a91575ad942e76fbefeec98e64  cwm_rb-bootloader_1_6_0_sdcard_2014-11-24.zip

Edit:
Sorry I tried again an also get (Status 7) Installation aborted. I will try to solve this.

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,349 of 2,020
Dear Cholero,

Thank you for your support ! I admit that I was confused (I had tested all files according your advice) and it was not working ... Moreover as some the forumers seemd succeding in installing Rockbox, I was lost: I am happy that you eventually found something !

Looking forward to getting your updated Rockbox version !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back