Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Oct 11, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #1,246 of 2,020

Reboot the device with the hold switch on, you'll get to the chooser screen; turn the hold switch off and make your choice. It'll remember your choice on each bootup until you boot it again with the hold switch on. 

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #1,249 of 2,020
is there anyway to update firmware outside of Mango? since i can not seem to do anything in Mango ones it loads up, everything gets echoed and texts get messy, no way to navigate to system update.

thankfully rockbox works fine

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #1,251 of 2,020
thanks for reply

installed and loaded recovery mode but it can not seem to find the firmware file, do i need to put it in a specific folder?

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,253 of 2,020
yeah, finally managed it

apparently only the update.img has to be on there and nothing else :)

recovered original 1.5, all fine and working

now i am having problems using it as dac from foobar :rolleyes:

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #1,255 of 2,020
I know a little bit about Rockbox, but I've never rockboxed a device. I'm definitely considering doing it to my DX50, but I'm curious about the change in sound signature. Can anyone do a comparison between stock 1.5 and rockbox on a flat EQ?

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #1,256 of 2,020
  I know a little bit about Rockbox, but I've never rockboxed a device. I'm definitely considering doing it to my DX50, but I'm curious about the change in sound signature. Can anyone do a comparison between stock 1.5 and rockbox on a flat EQ?

SQ comparison is too subjective. Not to mention, not everyone listen to the same music as you do and headphones you have. If you are really curious you should do your own comparison. It will be fun. 
tongue_smile.gif

Rockbox's main objective is to extend the players function and versatility over the stock software, not to make it sound different. The default setting is flat which should be how the player is suppose to sound like. But of course you can do so with the EQ support rockbox has.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,257 of 2,020

SQ comparison is too subjective. Not to mention, not everyone listen to the same music as you do and headphones you have. If you are really curious you should do your own comparison. It will be fun. 
tongue_smile.gif

Rockbox's main objective is to extend the players function and versatility over the stock software, not to make it sound different. The default setting is flat which should be how the player is suppose to sound like. But of course you can do so with the EQ support rockbox has.

I just figured that it would be truly flat and that it would be different than stock 1.5.0. I ended up going through with it and the sound seems to be more clear and transparent. I find it more emotional than sound unlocked as well, so I am very happy with it! I just wish I could find a theme that looked more high end and professional while having good sized album art. I went through the theme pack and my favorite is the one called 'Fullscreen' mainly because of the size of the art. I wish it looked more professional though...

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #1,258 of 2,020
  I just figured that it would be truly flat and that it would be different than stock 1.5.0. I ended up going through with it and the sound seems to be more clear and transparent. I find it more emotional than sound unlocked as well, so I am very happy with it! I just wish I could find a theme that looked more high end and professional while having good sized album art. I went through the theme pack and my favorite is the one called 'Fullscreen' mainly because of the size of the art. I wish it looked more professional though...

Try the AAFreak. Big Album art, clean looking as well.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #1,259 of 2,020

It's not exactly what I was thinking, but I like it better! I really like the style of the theme you start with when you first install it on the DX50. I just wish I could get that sort of 3D look with big album art.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #1,260 of 2,020

Actually, I'm really starting to love it! I'm definitely sticking with this theme.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back