Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Sep 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,231 of 2,020
  The < > supposed to work as usual! I dont have the player with me so I can't try it right now. It should be for both < and >
> down, > up   - skip
> down, hold >  - seek forward
> down, > up, > down, hold >  - skip to next folder

It isn't like that? I will double-check it this evening. Are you using 0913 build? 

I'm using the latest build you've posted here, but this has been the same in all the builds for the DX50 so far since the first one I tried, the 2014-03-26 one. The skip to next track function of the physical buttons hasn't worked in any of the rockbox versions. It works fine in mango on my device. The >down, hold - seek forward works fine. I've tried a million different times, with different button press times, it hasn't worked once. I've had rockbox on 4-5 other devices, it's always worked fine on them, so I'm pretty sure the problem in in this build of rockbox. Unless there's a setting that I'm not aware of that might be disabling this.  

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #1,232 of 2,020
  I'm using the latest build you've posted here, but this has been the same in all the builds for the DX50 so far since the first one I tried, the 2014-03-26 one. The skip to next track function of the physical buttons hasn't worked in any of the rockbox versions. It works fine in mango on my device. The >down, hold - seek forward works fine. I've tried a million different times, with different button press times, it hasn't worked once. I've had rockbox on 4-5 other devices, it's always worked fine on them, so I'm pretty sure the problem in in this build of rockbox. Unless there's a setting that I'm not aware of that might be disabling this.  

On my DX50/RB buttons works exactly as they should. (latest build).
But I have different problem. On startup there is the message, that the 'database is not ready'. I try different settings in database settings but message is still there every time on startup. Some of album arts is not displayed even if they are non progresive jpg file embeeded in music file.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,233 of 2,020

That is interesting. On your device nothing happens if you are in WPS and press < or > nothing happens? Does jump up/down stepwise work in menus with physical buttons?
This is not normal. But repeated press that seems to work on your device+rockbox uses the same keycode so at the moment I have no idea what the problem could be, sorry. I guess on your device it is only happening. Maybe you could save your setting to a cfg file and reset all rockbox settings just to see if it has to something with settings.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #1,234 of 2,020
I
On my DX50/RB buttons works exactly as they should. (latest build).
But I have different problem. On startup there is the message, that the 'database is not ready'. I try different settings in database settings but message is still there every time on startup. Some of album arts is not displayed even if they are non progresive jpg file embeeded in music file.

Of this problem i wasn't aware. Do you have gather runtime data enabled?
Maybe it is necessary to rebuild the database.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #1,235 of 2,020
That is interesting. On your device nothing happens if you are in WPS and press < or > nothing happens? Does jump up/down stepwise work in menus with physical buttons?
This is not normal. But repeated press that seems to work on your device+rockbox uses the same keycode so at the moment I have no idea what the problem could be, sorry. I guess on your device it is only happening. Maybe you could save your setting to a cfg file and reset all rockbox settings just to see if it has to something with settings.

Yes, it's odd. I'd say it might be a physical problem, but it works normally in mango, so probably not. One thing I guess is that, as I've used rockbox so long, that when setting up a new device I just go through a lot of the settings and set them to my preferences - and perhaps when I did this with this new build back in March I set something wrong. There are always some settings that work in different ways on different devices. So I'll try resetting everything and see what happens - I'm guessing it'll fix it.

Edit: well, that was easy to do. Why didn't I think of that? You probably know the answer - I reset the thing, after saving my old configuration (which I won't need now), and the buttons work completely normally. Thanks for the suggestions and help!

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #1,239 of 2,020
I
Of this problem i wasn't aware. Do you have gather runtime data enabled?
Maybe it is necessary to rebuild the database.

I have tried this with gather runtime data enabled and disabled , with same result. In database settings there is a few settings that i don't know the right way to use.
-Gather runtime data (works with new build. on older the use produse runtime error),
-Initialize Now,
-Update Now,
-Auto Update.
Perhaps someone could explain the right way to use those settings. Sometimes when i try to update database RB tell me that the program is building database in gackground, but he manage to build only a few albums, another time he show message box with yes or no for initializing database, in short i can not produse the same behavior every time i try to update database.

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #1,240 of 2,020
  I have tried this with gather runtime data enabled and disabled , with same result. In database settings there is a few settings that i don't know the right way to use.
-Gather runtime data (works with new build. on older the use produse runtime error),
-Initialize Now,
-Update Now,
-Auto Update.
Perhaps someone could explain the right way to use those settings. Sometimes when i try to update database RB tell me that the program is building database in gackground, but he manage to build only a few albums, another time he show message box with yes or no for initializing database, in short i can not produse the same behavior every time i try to update database.

Before you try any of these database options make sure you constrain the database to scan only the /mnt/external_sd folder and look only for music files.Otherwise, you will have different sorts of issues if you let it scan the whole system.

Go to Settings -> General settings -> Database -> Select Directories to scan.

You use "Initialize Now" just once to generate the database for the first time. Do not repeat this after you have created the database or you will lose data in the existing database. 

Update Now - If you want to force RB to scan for newly added files (only in /mnt/external_sd if you set this constrain as noted above).

Auto Update - Rockbox will periodically look for newly added music files in the scan directories and automatically add them in the database.

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #1,241 of 2,020
I just wanted to take a minute to thank headwhacker, cholero, and everyone else who has contributed to this thread. I picked up a DX50 in early May and, thanks to everyone here, have been running Rockbox on it since shortly thereafter, and am loving it! I especially wanted to thank everyone who has posted their issues when installing and using earlier versions, as I had many of the same issues but found solutions for them already waiting for me in this thread. 

Thank you, all. Your hard work is not unappreciated!

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #1,242 of 2,020
Great to hear. This thread has been quiet for some time. That is a very good sign (=everything is working fine).
I just wanted to mention that I did not stop working on the port. What I'm doing right now is the installation procedure for the official rockbox page. Rockbox is already succesfulli running from /sdcard (internal drive, rw access with mass_storage) instead of /system (readonly partition, can only be updated over adb or with cwm). But because there are no more features until now, I did not make a new build. Everybody who wants to upgrade later will have to move his rockbox settings directory. I wait with that until I have everything 100% sure (= accepted in the official repository).
For the initial installing (what you don't need to do anymore, only new users) I want to make a script that patches the official firmware, without cwm installed. I will keep you up to date if something interesting happens.

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #1,244 of 2,020
  Great to hear. This thread has been quiet for some time. That is a very good sign (=everything is working fine).
I just wanted to mention that I did not stop working on the port. What I'm doing right now is the installation procedure for the official rockbox page. Rockbox is already succesfulli running from /sdcard (internal drive, rw access with mass_storage) instead of /system (readonly partition, can only be updated over adb or with cwm). But because there are no more features until now, I did not make a new build. Everybody who wants to upgrade later will have to move his rockbox settings directory. I wait with that until I have everything 100% sure (= accepted in the official repository).
For the initial installing (what you don't need to do anymore, only new users) I want to make a script that patches the official firmware, without cwm installed. I will keep you up to date if something interesting happens.

Great news, keep on going that way.

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #1,245 of 2,020
Ive been searching a bit here and there but i havent really been able to fine a concrete answer. I just installed Rockbox on my DX 50 and there doesn't seem to be a quick way to switch between the two OS's?

When i first rebooted for the first time right after installing, i got a screen with two boxes that said to press previous button to choose mango [with a graphic that looked like a note and a mango fruit] and to press forward to boot into RB. But i cannot seem to get this screen anymore. Pressing Power+volume_Up only brings up the Recovery screen for installing the zip file.

Is there a way to easily boot into Mango or do i have to reflash 1.5.0 every time i want to do so?

Thank you for your time,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back