Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 4, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #916 of 2,020
Rockbox in general is on a very stable level and don't expect mayor changings. 
See here:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MajorChanges

But fur us, the more interesting thing is the port to DX50 and which bugs have been fixed.
Here you can see all commits of our port:
https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/commits/all
only the commits of Ilia Sergachev are interesting.

He is still fixing things but there are also no mayor changings between 03-25 and 06-30 build as far as I know. But the 06-30 update is for 1.5.0 Firmware and the 03-25 version for 1.2.8.

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #917 of 2,020
I wonder how much is the amount of work needed to port RB to DX90. In essence, DX50 and DX90 share the same code base for the FW.

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #918 of 2,020
Not much I think if the hardware is really that similar. It has a different DAC but if the rest is the same (seen from the uC side) it will not be much work. Is there a cwm modded fw for dx90? If yes you could already try what of the dx50 build works. But as long as Ill doesn't own a DX90 I don't think anyone else will do a port.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #919 of 2,020
RB build is getting better and better..kudos cholero!!
will try to flash your build tomorrow..im still enjoying the mega sound explosion v2

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #920 of 2,020
Anybody else having problems with transport buttons becoming unresponsive after a while playing with screen off?
I've read about problems with the power button, but it seems to work fine on my device.

I'm using the latest mod from cholero (thanks again btw.) and of course I'm keeping in mind that the transport buttons won't
work if the screen turns off while in menu or browsing mode. Also it's working fine on 1.5.0

Are there any settings that I might have missed? Will try the regular RB version later to rule out that it's a problem with the modded version.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #921 of 2,020
of course they dont work if you are in the menu. You are moving up/down when pressing left right with screen off in a menu.

But this is also something i would like to mod: When backlight goes off, -> go to WPS when in a menu (so buttons will behave like expexted) 

this is my next task and another one will be to use power button to switch off screen from WPS (longpress to go to main menu, not power off, but only when backlight is really on)

No promise, but that is what I want to look at next when I'm back from holidays in 2 weeks, but no promise for anything

And before saying thanks to me, everybody has to say thank you 1000 times to xzcc, because he made rockbox possible on our great DX50.

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #922 of 2,020
  of course they dont work if you are in the menu. You are moving up/down when pressing left right with screen off in a menu.

sorry, what I was trying to say is that I'm aware of that and to double check this behaviour, I made sure the screen is turning off while in WPS screen.
After some minutes playing with the screen off, the transport buttons still sometimes only respond to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th press.

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #923 of 2,020
i'm sorry if this was already asked and answered. i'm currently on RB dual boot cwm_rockbox_2013-03-25. how can i change it to cwm_rb_only_2014-07-02_cholero. i would appreciate it if i would be pointed to the right direction or a quick step by step tutorial is presented here. thanks!

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #924 of 2,020
So correct me if I'm wrong but the DX50 rockbox works BUT can't take advantage of the HD aspect of the player 24/192 etc. Isn't that the whole point of the player? Why buy this and rockbox if yer losing out on that aspect? Wouldn't u be better off with a rockboxed clip? Or sticking to OF for the HD?

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #925 of 2,020
  So correct me if I'm wrong but the DX50 rockbox works BUT can't take advantage of the HD aspect of the player 24/192 etc. Isn't that the whole point of the player? Why buy this and rockbox if yer losing out on that aspect? Wouldn't u be better off with a rockboxed clip? Or sticking to OF for the HD?

If you believe in the wonders of high res files, your logic makes some sense. If you don't but believe that the DX50 and the clip might otherwise have relevant differences, then your conclusion might be also be different.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #926 of 2,020

Having 24-bit DAC in a DAP is far better than a 16-bit DAC no doubt. But music playback greater than 16-bit format (24/192) is not the top advantage nor the reason as many people think for having a 24-bit DAC.

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #927 of 2,020
  i'm sorry if this was already asked and answered. i'm currently on RB dual boot cwm_rockbox_2013-03-25. how can i change it to cwm_rb_only_2014-07-02_cholero. i would appreciate it if i would be pointed to the right direction or a quick step by step tutorial is presented here. thanks!

hehehe finally figured it out!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #928 of 2,020

This is the key point: ".rockbox" becomes "rockbox" on the DX50, i.e. no "."

Thanks for pointing out this great way of managing themes on the DX50. It beats the snot out of zipping them into every new update.

need additional help - i already pasted both theme files (cabbiedx both cfg and wps) in the internal dx50 rockbox folder. but when i go under settings-themes, RB can't see the cabbiedx theme. what else am i missing?

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #929 of 2,020
Paste the folders not the files. So once you extract the theme zip go into the folder ".rockbox" and paste all the folders you find there into the folder "rockbox" on the DX50. If you have multiple themes combine all their files into the same folders.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #930 of 2,020
Cholero, I love the theme you've made, especially the information page for the currently playing song. The one thing I wish it had is timer on the bare bones screen. Any change you could add that to future builds? If there are any...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back