Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Apr 19, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #691 of 2,020
Ou
How is the size of the mamba compared to the dx50 ??

Well as for rockbox, i kept switching back and forth too many times and felt confused, at the end i felt that i tend to like the warmth of the stock firmware, but everybody else seemed to like the neutrality of rockbox and even said it had more details, so due to these opinions , also due to my confusion and finding it hard to settle which is better + rockbox features from playlist to equalizer and crossfeed.

I ended up with rockbox without looking back, and its great for me.

You have to try it anyway..

Same here looking forward to next stock firmware !!

The D42 is about 1/4 inch shorter in length(end to end) width is about the same and height is really close to. For the most part it is a good match. And it takes a 9volt so if it dies just put another one in. It will last about 12 hours wth the battery I use, and just like the DX50 the bass will distort when the battery is dying.

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #692 of 2,020
I tried to copy fonts into the font folder of a rockbox....zip it up... transfer to internal  memory... then recovery mode.. I chose to reinstall from zip... it starts and then immediately says installation abort... Also whenever I start to play songs and maybe after 30 minutes to 40 minutes.. my dx50 would freeze and I got to manually shut it down by holding the power button and restart it again,,,

Anyone has any ideas? my aim is to be able to read Chinese text... on the official firmware... Chinese text are being displayed correctly... anyone can give me a step by step guide... should I then reflash? etc.... some detailed instructions would be helpful

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #693 of 2,020
Anyone tried the dac Stoner Acoustics ud110  with Galaxy s3 and could tell me if I get good sound like the dx50?
I have dx50 (without amplifier) but I want my cell phone to hear at least the same level quality sound

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #696 of 2,020
Sorry guys to enter the discussion in such a sudden way...but I'm pretty desperate!
I installed RB following the instruction given HERE and all worked fine, I used it for a couple of hours.
Then the bad idea: try to change the image for player selector, so I downloaded the zip at the same web page and installed it by the CWM recovery, result: i had a warning message that something had gone wrong, I rebooted the DX50 and after that my poor DAP isn't able to boot up anymore!! It keeps displayng the "iBasso Audio" boot screen...
I can only shut it down pressing the power button for some seconds, and just few seconds after it turns on again showing the "iBasso Audio" boot screen forever!
I'm still able to enter in the recovery, how can I fix it?
Wipe data / factory reset and then reinstall rockbox will fix it?
Thanks mate!

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #697 of 2,020
Since you can boot to recovery you should be able to install either Rockbox or stock from a uSD card. If that doesn't work then you need to use rkflashtool or Rockchip Batch Tool to flash a firmware image directly to the device.

May 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #701 of 2,020
Please check the manual. Everything about playlist is well documented.

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-buildch4.html#x7-390004

May 2, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #702 of 2,020
I LOVE what the rockbox has done for the sound! sq is brilliant, playing around with the cross feed and the eq, wow. just great in every aspect.

one question though: the interface is really sluggish, I read more about it in this thread, has anyone found any good cure to it yet? 3*3 grid works ok though I guess.

May 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #703 of 2,020
Am I being stupid ( I hope so)?
I'm using the latest version of rockbox linked, but every time i push the power button to wake up the screen it returns to the main menu. I've selected "first button press only activates back light" from the settings yet every time I push the power button it activates the backlight and exits the wps. Meaning I have to select now playing every time i switch the screen on. It's not a massive issue, but its starting to get a little annoying. Any ideas?

Besides that (and the occasional crashes whilst changing eq settings) all is good.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #704 of 2,020
im geting problem while im trying to seee hebrew letters o=

when im chnage the UI Language to Hebrew all the letters are reversed.  i tried to change the codepage and fonts but it dosnt work...
same problem  whith music that uses hebrew letters...
any idea?

May 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #705 of 2,020
  Am I being stupid ( I hope so)?
I'm using the latest version of rockbox linked, but every time i push the power button to wake up the screen it returns to the main menu. I've selected "first button press only activates back light" from the settings yet every time I push the power button it activates the backlight and exits the wps. Meaning I have to select now playing every time i switch the screen on. It's not a massive issue, but its starting to get a little annoying. Any ideas?

Besides that (and the occasional crashes whilst changing eq settings) all is good.
bigsmile_face.gif

You've changed a setting that causes this - I'm not sure which one, but that's not how it works on mine. Check the hot key settings perhaps. If you can't find it you could perhaps delete the .config file and start from scratch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back