Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #377 of 2,020
  If you install ADB, ADB driver, and QtADB, than you can work with files on ROCKbox-ed DX50 in QtADB window similar to windows commander. On one side you see PC files, on other is files on DX50.

I'm grateful for this, but I'm still lost. Where do I get the correct ADB, and the right driver file. There are all these other "fixes" mentioned by headwacker and others... clearly from the other posts here I am not the only one lost.

Could one of you knowledgeable people please take the time to write a single list of instructions with links to the required files to connect to Rockbox on our DX50s? Loading Rockbox was of course easy but beyond that I'm as confused as someone in a roomful of shovels who was asked to take his pick?

Thanks in advance

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #378 of 2,020
I have an iMac. Have got ADB and Fastboot installed into the user/bin folder. When I run ADB devices - no device is found. I have ejected the DX50 which I assume is what you meant by "unmount".

I found the vendor ID but can't find the ADB_usb.ini file in which to put it. I read somewhere that I might need to create it but I have no idea where to put it. ( I couldn't find the ".android" folder either).

(I haven't downloaded the ADB SDK because I don't think I need to but is that the cause of my problem).

you won't see the .android folder in Finder because it's hidden. You have to use the shell and go to the .android folder.

Or you can just type

echo 0x0227 >> ~/.android/adb_usb.ini

How do I do this?

Yes unmount means eject.

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #379 of 2,020
you won't see the .android folder in Finder because it's hidden. You have to use the shell and go to the .android folder.

Or you can just type

echo 0x0227 >> ~/.android/adb_usb.ini
Yes unmount means eject.

Thanks. Just trying to understand what I am doing .....

I think that is putting 0x0227 into the usb.ini file.

So I don't need to find the unique identifier of my dx50?

If the file doesn't exist at the moment will it create the file also?

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #380 of 2,020
  I'm grateful for this, but I'm still lost. Where do I get the correct ADB, and the right driver file. There are all these other "fixes" mentioned by headwacker and others... clearly from the other posts here I am not the only one lost.

Could one of you knowledgeable people please take the time to write a single list of instructions with links to the required files to connect to Rockbox on our DX50s? Loading Rockbox was of course easy but beyond that I'm as confused as someone in a roomful of shovels who was asked to take his pick?

Thanks in advance

Take a look in those post, or find @ratinox posts, it seems he knows a lot about rockbox.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-15/315#post_10379952
http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-15/330#post_10383034

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #381 of 2,020

Gosh thanks... feel such a dope for overlooking both those posts. Completely missed the first because I didn't click the links and was at my frustrated best while quick scanning the second.

Much obliged. Will have a go tomorrow.

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #382 of 2,020
  My experience with RB ADB: we need to do three things:

1. Install ADB USB Driver
    I tried two ways, both worked:
·        From SDK installation (you can download it here, make sure to pick the right version). After extracting it to a folder, run the “SDK Manager”, pick at least “Platform-Tools” and “USB Driver”, and install. This only provides you the driver (and ABD binaries) and you then still need to manually install it through Device Manager if on Windows. Or
·        (Much easier) just run a universal ADB driver installer such as from here;
After installing the adb usb driver, DX50 should be recognized as an Android ADB Interface under "Samsung Android Phone". “ADB DEVICES” command should also list it out. If doesn't, see issues I had below.

2. Find ADB binaries
·        If you installed SDK, the binaries are already there in the folder  sdk/platform-tools;
·        You can also find some minimum install ADB (without downloading and installing the big SDK package) from here or many other places.

3. Run QtADB
You can find it either here (formal version) or here (cwm edition, post#807, thanks to Artful). When asked for ADB binaries, just choose the folder you put those files in step 2.

And you should be good to go. There are also many other pages where you can find  the needed files.

Just for your reference, these are issues I had and solutions I found:

·        SDK Manager doesn’t run. Please refer to this page. This was a big headache. Problems I had were:1) Java jdk path needed to be added to system variables -> path; and 2) Got rid of a “&” in the SDK folder path.
·        ADB doesn’t find DX50. Most likely the driver is not properly installed, or as Headwhacker has pointed out, you need to do something to that adb_usb.ini file. I had no such a file at all after driver installation and I had to create one by myself under C:/user/xxxx/.android and add DX50’s VID (0x2207) in it. Just put these numbers in and you don’t need anything else. You can have some descriptions starting from a # if you’d like to.
·        QtADB doesn’t run. My Windows 7 would kill it when I opened it. Try the cwm_edition, or an earlier version of QtABD (say V 0.7.3).

Hope this could help.

Excellent write-up!  I've not had any experience with QtADB yet so I'll give this method a try later.  If you don't mind, I may add some of this info into my write-up and then we could post it to the OP for reference and for newcomers to use.

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #383 of 2,020
  Excellent write-up!  I've not had any experience with QtADB yet so I'll give this method a try later.  If you don't mind, I may add some of this info into my write-up and then we could post it to the OP for reference and for newcomers to use.

Please do!  I (and others, I'm sure) am hoping for a one-stop-shop resource to help me configure RockBox on my DX50! 
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #384 of 2,020
Hi, first post here, been a reader for a long time though.

I've been reading all 25 pages of that post this weekend and I was wondering how you uninstall Rockbox if you want to go back to the original firmware.
Also, what happened if you upgrade to the next 1.2.9 firmware with rockbox installed. And finally, will rockbox always be based on latest Ibasso firmware release. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #389 of 2,020
Of course you are free to try, I was just waiting for a few experienced users to confirm that everything is fine (of course it's fine at mine player :) ).

Thanks ill try it in the morning! I made a data only cable so i dont have to charge the battary every time.

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #390 of 2,020
  Of course you are free to try, I was just waiting for a few experienced users to confirm that everything is fine (of course it's fine at mine player :) ).

I went ahead and installed it. Everything seems to work fine except that my DX50 no longer show up on my computers when I connect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back