Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 20, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #316 of 2,020
Settings -> Theme Settings -> Font -> 16-GNU-Unifont

Sorry if I'm wrong. I'm using iPod Classic rockboxed but I think it is identical to the DX50.

The instructions are correct, but you may need to install the font since the update.img provided only has one. Search the thread for theme installation. It's the same process.

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #317 of 2,020
Download the fonts pack and setup adb so you can drop it on the fonts folder in DX50

http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.13/rockbox-fonts-3.13.zip

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #320 of 2,020
coming from an ipod5th RBed I've got a couple of questions.

How to you make changes on the 'parametric eq'?? (it used to the the ipod wheel)
Can you contenue playing music while editing the menu? (leave 'now playing' screen)?

thanks

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #321 of 2,020
  Download the fonts pack and setup adb so you can drop it on the fonts folder in DX50

http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.13/rockbox-fonts-3.13.zip

You are always helpful...

I'd just add that you can use different fonts in the same theme or even on the same screen. For expample, on WPS page, I am using a smaller font for artists and album names and a bigger one for titles, just to save some space and make it look nicer. You need to make some small changes to the .cfg (for default fonts, just change that xxx.fnt to the one you want) and .wps (declare more fonts and insert that font ID to the places you want). All these fonts have to be pre-loaded to the font folder though. This is helpful when you want to use a theme that uses a specified font for wps which doesn't display tag info in other languages correctly.

Rockbox manual has more details but needs aquite some reading.

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #322 of 2,020
Well, I've finally had success - big thanks to ratinox and xzcc for getting me on track and answering a few questions.  I did some quick documentation on the process including the info provided by ratinox, xzcc and others from this thread that I used to get everything set up and themes/fonts installed if anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_hHZnvhPk2TWkF4alpyQVZRSXM/edit

Commenting enabled if anyone has more information that I left out, or I can update it and repost if there are better methods/links, but it worked fine for me this way once I knew what I was doing haha!

beerchug.gif

CenterArt Theme - http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1307&target=ipod6g

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #323 of 2,020
Well, I've finally had success - big thanks to ratinox and xzcc for getting me on track and answering a few questions.  I did some quick documentation on the process including the info provided by ratinox, xzcc and others from this thread that I used to get everything set up and themes/fonts installed if anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_hHZnvhPk2TV05JMVotVDgtSzA/edit 

Commenting enabled if anyone has more information that I left out, or I can update it and repost if there are better methods/links, but it worked fine for me this way once I knew what I was doing haha!

:beerchug:

CenterArt Theme - http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1307&target=ipod6g

Thats my favourite theme!!! Thanx

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #324 of 2,020
Sorry you lost me there, what exactly is the problem and what are you trying to do? I'm guessing you are trying to use adb to make a connection to RB DX50? Not sure if that is an error message. But if you are unable to establish a connection via adb, you have to add the DX50's vendor ID to the .android/adb_usb.ini file.

sorry about that, hope to be more clearer this time. i was able to successfully install the RB image file. i was able to boot from RB to Mango and back - no issues.

the problem is, when i plug the dx50 to my PC (Windows 7) - under device manager, it now shows as "Android" under Other Devices and it has a question mark. then after a few seconds, it then auto runs and opens both the internal and mSD location. But when i go to the internal drive of the dx50 - i don't see any of the RB folders - what i see is the normal folders when one boots to Mango.

How can i make my PC see the RB folders? i figured i need the adb file right? or wrong? i already got my dx50's vendor ID - but i have no idea if i have the right adb_usb syntax or file - help please
frown.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #325 of 2,020

sorry about that, hope to be more clearer this time. i was able to successfully install the RB image file. i was able to boot from RB to Mango and back - no issues.

the problem is, when i plug the dx50 to my PC (Windows 7) - under device manager, it now shows as "Android" under Other Devices and it has a question mark. then after a few seconds, it then auto runs and opens both the internal and mSD location. But when i go to the internal drive of the dx50 - i don't see any of the RB folders - what i see is the normal folders when one boots to Mango.

How can i make my PC see the RB folders? i figured i need the adb file right? or wrong? i already got my dx50's vendor ID - but i have no idea if i have the right adb_usb syntax or file - help please
frown.gif

Check out post #322.

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #326 of 2,020

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_hHZnvhPk2TV05JMVotVDgtSzA/edit 

oh wait! will try this tutorial
redface.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #327 of 2,020

frown.gif

Yup you need adb to see RB's file system. But you need to unmount the internal and mSD first before you can connect by adb.

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #329 of 2,020
I did some quick documentation on the process including the info provided by ratinox, xzcc and others from this thread that I used to get everything set up and themes/fonts installed if anyone is interested:

I recommend adding a specific note about installing the fonts bundle. Some theme brokenness goes away with all of the fonts installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back