Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #286 of 2,020
Are you kidding, i have googled that before i asked for help.

It's right there, first link:
Universal Naked Driver Solves Your ADB Driver Problems on Windows
Read the article, get the driver suite, and follow the instructions.
If that still doesn't work then search the XDA Developers forums. Chances are whatever problems you have were already solved and answered many times over on their forums.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #287 of 2,020
It's right there, first link:
Universal Naked Driver Solves Your ADB Driver Problems on Windows
Read the article, get the driver suite, and follow the instructions.
If that still doesn't work then search the XDA Developers forums. Chances are whatever problems you have were already solved and answered many times over on their forums.

Thanks for all answers.
I have created file C:\Users\Serafko\.android\adb_usb.ini and put in the device id in hex format.
for me the text in file is:
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x2207

restart adb, or comp, and then adb work ok.

Thanks again

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #288 of 2,020
FYI for Windows 7 users:

Windows 7 has recognized my Rockboxed DX50 without any additional drivers or ADB system. I had to do a reboot from the DX50 Recovery System the first time when my computer failed to recognize it. Then when I plugged the DX50 in again, it worked. I have had no problems since and I was able to update the version of Rockbox to 2014-03-15.

(The Android issue seems to be just Windows 8 and, from what I read above, seems to be solvable with a bit of elbow grease.)

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #289 of 2,020
I have my DX50 Rockboxed along with QTADB downloaded.  I'm trying to include some custom themes for RB.  I can finally launch the QTADB(after many failed attempts), but the DX50 isn't recognized by QTADB and I get an error saying "There was a problem while checking for updates".  Any clues for what my next step should be?

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #291 of 2,020
aarrgghhh!!! updating now so that i can relate to you guys!
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #292 of 2,020
When using Database with multiple ext mSD cards, do you have to re initialize the database everytime you switch cards? Is there a way to make one database consisting of music from multiple cards?

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #294 of 2,020
  Thanks for all answers.
I have created file C:\Users\Serafko\.android\adb_usb.ini and put in the device id in hex format.
for me the text in file is:
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x2207

restart adb, or comp, and then adb work ok.

Thanks again

That simple?! Everything worked like a charm! I wasted a whole evening and half a day just to find this...

Now I have tons of themes and fonts to try out. I used GUN-unifont and Asian languages are not a problem any more. I even figured out the EQ presets: the default folder for "Browse EQ Presets" is set to data/rockbox/eqs, but that /eqs folder was not there, and for whatever reason I was not able to create it before (it always failed when I tried). I had to just save the settings in data/rockbox/ and browse to that folder for them. Now all of a sudden, I can create it and copy my presets there. 

Now I only hope there could be a way to lock the screen (even a button on the screen) and keep it locked when I press "next". Other than that I am absolutely happy with it. And it sounds really good. It makes the great buy of DX50 even greater! Now I believe nothing can beat its value at this price. 

Thanks for all you guys who made this possible and also every one who helped us to make our RockBox work!

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #298 of 2,020
got the rockbox on, but cant figure out how to play files? music files are on sdcard. on the rockbox menu under files > sdcard it shows  some folders(lost.dir and sys volume info) that are really not on my sdcard and no music files.

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #300 of 2,020
  got the rockbox on, but cant figure out how to play files? music files are on sdcard. on the rockbox menu under files > sdcard it shows  some folders(lost.dir and sys volume info) that are really not on my sdcard and no music files.

You are looking at the internal storage there. You have to go to something like "ext" folder then "sdcard" folder in that. (This is all from memory, DX50 not with me).

You may also have to do a reboot from the recovery menu if that appears empty.

Once it is up and running, you're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back