Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #271 of 2,020
  Yep.  :)

I actually installed it a few days ago but finally have time to use it. It takes a while to figure out all the touch areas of the Now Playing screen. So far it seems:

Top left: menu
Top right: files

Middle of screen: back, play/pause, forward (according to position - just like the keys)

Bottom left:
short press: short cuts menu
long press: speed and pitch (but who uses this...)

Bottom right:
short press: current playlist
long press: file information

Not complicated to remember the important ones once you get used to it.

The Rockboxed DX50 really sounds great through the line out. No CODEC issues here. And it really is nice to have Rockbox crossfeed and active playlist again. 

This looks to bring my DX50 + Pico Power combo out of retirement. Back to a stack....   :)

Yup, rockbox really elevated the performance of LO. Unless iBasso adds new function (e.g. usb dac) I don't think you ever needed another FW update. At default SQ settings rockbox truly reveal how transparent/neutral the DAC can be and I have been enjoying it more than I used to with any of the stock FW from iBasso.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #272 of 2,020

I actually installed it a few days ago but finally have time to use it. It takes a while to figure out all the touch areas of the Now Playing screen. So far it seems:

Top left:
menu

Top right:
short press: files
Long press: context menu

Middle of screen: back, play/pause, forward (according to position - just like the keys)

Bottom left:

Bottom right:

The Rockboxed DX50 really sounds great through the line out. No CODEC issues here. And it really is nice to have Rockbox crossfeed and active playlist again. 

This looks to bring my DX50 + Pico Power combo out of retirement. Back to a stack....   :)

headwacker, I agree.

Updated my list above as I just discovered the Now Playing screen context menu. Everything is available.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #273 of 2,020

Top left:
menu

Top right: 

Bottom left:

Bottom right:

double click and hold, left or right side , move to next or previous folder :p

center up or down, volume control

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #275 of 2,020

I was the same problem, try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=683223&page=81 post#807 -> QtADB_cwm_edition

Thanks man, this one worked. Now there is still the driver issue. After installing the adb usb driver, DX50 is recoganized as an Anroid ADB Interface under "Samsung Adroid Phone" , but "ADB DEVICES" doesn't find any adb device. Tried many times, many ways, still the same. Need more time ...

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #276 of 2,020

Top left:
menu

Top right: 

Bottom left:

Bottom right:

You can also adjust the volume using the Now playing screen. Tapping the the lower center part of the screen lowers the volume and the top center increases it..

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #277 of 2,020
bought dx50 too, but my windows 7 does not recognize the player, any  instructions ? and then how to rockbox it step by step.... couldnt find any here. :s dx50 thread is also 800 pages, not gonna read it all. :p please help, thank you.
so far original fw EQ sucks ass thats why i like my j3 more at least it has some bass. hope that rockbox fw will change that.

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #281 of 2,020
maybe im too stupid but i didnt find anything that would help me to get dx50 recognized on win7 :/ dap is on original fw1.2.8 right now.

Go to your windows 7 device manager and remove all the traces of DX50(if there is). Make sure your DX50 is turned on when you plug it in. Windows 7 can't identify it when its turned off.

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #283 of 2,020
Mar 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #284 of 2,020
  Thanks man, this one worked. Now there is still the driver issue. After installing the adb usb driver, DX50 is recoganized as an Anroid ADB Interface under "Samsung Adroid Phone" , but "ADB DEVICES" doesn't find any adb device. Tried many times, many ways, still the same. Need more time ...

Please follow this steps (apologize my english):
- check if in your catalog .android ( {user home}/.android/ ) you got file adb_usb.ini, if not create it
- attach dx50 and check your USB device vendor ID (VID) - look under device manager -> device details -> hardware ID -> USB\VID_xxxx

The VID for the adb should be placed in a file under {user home}/.android/adb_usb.ini.
Insert the VID in HEX notation {0x0e79}

For example:
You have to insert your VID for example: USB\VID_18D1&PID_2D01&REV_0226&MI_00
0x18D1 in your adb_usb.ini file,
after that restart your adb (or computer)

good luck!

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #285 of 2,020
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adb+drivers+windows+8.1

Are you kidding, i have googled that before i asked for help.

My PC configuration:
ASUS N76V
I7 proc, 8GB ram, nvidia geforce gt/2GB, SSD+HDD, USB3.0, WIN8.1
Installed ADB driver is SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface 2.9.505.831 signed.
Windows recognized DX50 as ANDROID, working OK.
ADB is in system variable (Path), but the device is not found:
C:\Users\Serafko>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

C:\Users\Serafko>adb shell
error: device not found
So, if ADB in command promt is not working, then the same will be with QtADB.
Please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back