Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #256 of 2,020
Also, when I reboot the player, all playlists I made are gone. And EQ settings can never be saved on my DX50. This is on a fresh copy of RB. Wonder why only I have these weird issues...

However, I do think the RB sounds better than stock firmware. After switching back and forth many times, I found RB more natural and transparent (though a UHA-6s II). I'll wait for a while before having another try.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #257 of 2,020
  Also, when I reboot the player, all playlists I made are gone. And EQ settings can never be saved on my DX50. This is on a fresh copy of RB. Wonder why only I have these weird issues...

However, I do think the RB sounds better than stock firmware. After switching back and forth many times, I found RB more natural and transparent (though a UHA-6s II). I'll wait for a while before having another try.

I used adb on mac so I'm not sure if it applies to you. When you connect DX50 to your PC it will automatically mount the storage available from it so it's visible on your PC. At this state, adb can't establish connection to DX50. You have to unmount the storage for DX50 (including its external card) before adb can find your DX50.

I use the Leckerton amp as well and like you, I find Rockbox more natural and transparent than the stock FW. Good luck.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #258 of 2,020

I used adb on mac so I'm not sure if it applies to you. When you connect DX50 to your PC it will automatically mount the storage available from it so it's visible on your PC. At this state, adb can't establish connection to DX50. You have to unmount the storage for DX50 (including its external card) before adb can find your DX50.

I use the Leckerton amp as well and like you, I find Rockbox more natural and transparent than the stock FW. Good luck.

I am using mac, and I download the Android SDK for getting the adb.
I try to umount the DX50 storage, but, I still cannot discover the DX50 using "adb devices"

Any clue?
thx

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #259 of 2,020
I am using mac, and I download the Android SDK for getting the adb.
I try to umount the DX50 storage, but, I still cannot discover the DX50 using "adb devices"

Any clue?
thx

I don't have the exact filename but you need to add DX50's device ID (you can get it under USB devices on System Properties) to something like android_usb.ini file.

EDIT:
You need to add the vendor ID (hex code 0x???) for your DX50 to this file.

~/.android/adb_usb.ini

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #260 of 2,020
Has anyone tried playing MPEG-2 videos on DX50 yet (I do not have yet)? It should work but want to confirm because then I could use it as a media player too :p

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #262 of 2,020
I have done a mistake accidentally..

My DX50 is still in Rockbox mode, and I start the recovery mode, then perform the wipe data option. Now, it can only boot to Rockbox mode, but, it seem it cannot be switched back to DX50 v1.2.8 mode, thus, how I can flash back the original DX50 firmware?

pls. help!!

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #263 of 2,020
I have done a mistake accidentally..

My DX50 is still in Rockbox mode, and I start the recovery mode, then perform the wipe data option. Now, it can only boot to Rockbox mode, but, it seem it cannot be switched back to DX50 v1.2.8 mode, thus, how I can flash back the original DX50 firmware?

pls. help!!

You can reflash FW from the recovery mode.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #264 of 2,020
  This is frustrating. Whenever I try to run QtADB, my Windows 7 refuses to do it. I've tried two desktops: "QtADB has stopped working." I've installed SDK, located the adb binaries, and installed usb driver. I even copied the aapt.exe file to that folder. I couldn't even go to the step to connect my phone. Anyone has any idea what is missing? Could it be the Java Environment issue?

I was the same problem, try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=683223&page=81 post#807 -> QtADB_cwm_edition

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #266 of 2,020
But, in recovery mode, it seem I need to put the update.img onto the /sdcard, and it cannot get from DX50 internal or external storage....

/sdcard is the internal storage for DX50, /mnt/external_sd is the removable uSD. Regardless, where you put the img file you should be able to flash it while on recovery mode. Did you check page 1 of the main DX50 thread. Everything you need to know should be there.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #267 of 2,020

But, in recovery mode, it seem I need to put the update.img onto the /sdcard, and it cannot get from DX50 internal or external storage....

/sdcard is the internal storage for DX50, /mnt/external_sd is the removable uSD. Regardless, where you put the img file you should be able to flash it while on recovery mode. Did you check page 1 of the main DX50 thread. Everything you need to know should be there.

When I start the recovery mode and select update option,  it will point to directory of /cache. But, when I change the directory by selecting "../", it will return to the front page of the recovery page. Am I missing some points?

thx

thx

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #270 of 2,020
Yep.  :)

I actually installed it a few days ago but finally have time to use it. It takes a while to figure out all the touch areas of the Now Playing screen. So far it seems:

Top left:
menu

Top right: 
short press: files
Long press: context menu

Middle of screen: back, play/pause, forward (according to position - just like the keys)

Bottom left:
short press: short cuts menu
long press: speed and pitch (but who uses this...)

Bottom right:
short press: current playlist
long press: file information

Not complicated to remember the important ones once you get used to it.

The Rockboxed DX50 really sounds great through the line out. No CODEC issues here. And it really is nice to have Rockbox crossfeed and active playlist again. 

This looks to bring my DX50 + Pico Power combo out of retirement. Back to a stack....   :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back