Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #16 of 2,020
Well,

I have installed the RockBox firmware, its very nice and god i love its equalizer,

i updated the database (had problems updating it, but then i went to Database in settings and chose the folders to synch, then it worked ok) but anyway i dont use database, i use file explorer and its working ok.

created playlists ..  OK

the touch screen is working in absolute point mode by default where you can access anything by directly pressing on it.

it can be changed to grid mode from the settings which i think divide screen to 3 parts horizontally  (up/ok/down) and didn't like it.

on the now playing screen :
top left corner goes to main menu while song is playing /
top right corner goes to current song in file explorer while song is playing /
bottom left corner goes to repeat and shuffle options while song is playing /
bottom right corner i think goes to the current playlist while song is playing /
middle pause and play / left previous song / right next song.

so far so good ..

need to shutdown from the menu as power button doesn't shutdown.

the only question that is driving me bananas , are they both built on the same sound library, meaning with EQ off, rockbox gives same sound as 1.2.8 ??

because i keep switching between them and sometimes i feel they are the same, and sometimes i feel 1.2.8 is a bit more airy, and i really need to get this out of my head, so that i can enjoy the rockbox software :D

also is the touchscreen actions, theme related ? meaning different themes need to be adjusted for touch ?

Sorry for making it long..

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #17 of 2,020
/sdcard is the partition on the embedded MMC that is exposed over USB. It's what we typically refer to as the internal storage on the device. This is a legacy of the early days of Android where a uSD card slot was part of the hardware specifications and a microSD card was necessary just to use the OS. When Google eased the uSD requirements they chose to use a chunk of eMMC as the /sdcard file system to maintain backwards compatibility with older applications.

Removable cards are usually mounted as /mnt/ext_sdcard or something similar. DX50 uses the /mnt/ext_sdcard mount point.

yeap you are right! not an android dev apart from just one time with some qtC++ sso I mixed it.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #19 of 2,020
the only question that is driving me bananas , are they both built on the same sound library, meaning with EQ off, rockbox gives same sound as 1.2.8 ??

Rockbox uses its own set of decoding and processing libraries. Any overlap between Rockbox's libraries and Mango's libraries is coincidental.
As I noted in the main thread, Rockbox is transparent unless you explicitly configure it to be something other than transparent.

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #21 of 2,020
can't wait for the official release

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #22 of 2,020
Update:
- fix: apply saved volume level on startup
- enable left/right balance
- change usb mode -> adb + mass_storage in both players

https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home

Who do you think is official enough to make an 'official release'? :)

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #23 of 2,020
  Update:

with the above bug fix i think its getting very close. Maybe just the backlight on/off fix and it can be RC1. lol

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #24 of 2,020
Update:
[COLOR=333333]- fix: apply saved volume level on startup[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]-[/COLOR][COLOR=333333] enable left/right balance[/COLOR]

LOL agreed !

I guess in my opinion this counts official to me, specially that there is no serious bugs, i have been using it for one day and its totally usable, mostly all features working, even the battery performance seems solid to me.

I think this is the timing to try it and point out any bugs since our friend here is doing pretty good work.

I reduced the line padding to 16px under the touch screen settings, now the view and scrolling is much more better.

Cheers !!

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #25 of 2,020
Update:
[COLOR=333333]- fix: apply saved volume level on startup[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]-[/COLOR][COLOR=333333] enable left/right balance[/COLOR]

..or let say a less buggy build lol. Will still wait for your updates mate.

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #29 of 2,020
Just loaded the latest updaste. I notice the menus settings/menus are a bit re-arranged? Also on the main screen, the "shutdown" button is erroneously renamed to "Recursively"

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 2,020
  Update:

Thanks again for the update, I assume the lock button will be part of the "better keymap" on the TODO list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back