ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #346 of 1,258
  I think the elevated bass comments have turned folks off on the Zircons.  Now I've had a cable failure at the inline mic.  Hopefully, it's a fluke and won't happen very often.

I agree. At least this happened with me. I like balanced, detailed sound. But according to reviews so far none of the Rock earphones are that detailed. May be I'll like Bette or Puro. but Puro are out of the budget at the moment.
God....this is so confusing!!

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #347 of 1,258
  Most of the people here are buying Mulas more than the Zircons. Every other day people are receiving Mulas here but most of the reviews are average.
frown.gif

I bought the Zircons when i see people saying that it's not a bad earphone and i m not disappointed. There is a risk when you buy the lower model from the same brand that sound Quality is lower too. (I don't say that Mula is bad, i just say that it can't be at the same level than Zircons)

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #349 of 1,258
  I've read that inline mics introduce a high probability for cable failure into the mix.  Guess I've experienced it now.  If I can't get a replacement or refund, I'm just going to cut out the mic, twist the wires together and cover with electrical tape (hopefully that should work).

cool.gif
Go to Radio Shack or even Home Depot and get some Asst. Pkg. Shrink Tubing.  Put it over the wire before you make your connections, stagger them so they don't contact each other, (+/-), make sure they are flat as you can make them, then just slide it up over the connections and use a hair dryer on High to shrink it. MUCH more finished looking and the stuff is cheap.

You could even get fancier and Buy some Black (if available) 2 Pole Molex connectors from Mouser Electronics.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #350 of 1,258

I agree. At least this happened with me. I like balanced, detailed sound. But according to reviews so far none of the Rock earphones are that detailed. May be I'll like Bette or Puro. but Puro are out of the budget at the moment.
God....this is so confusing!!

cool.gif
aaDee !!! The man himself. You are in a way responsible for this thread, by posting the First pics of the Zircon. Take a Bow. You wouldn't go wrong with either the Bette or Puro they are both superb, I'm still undecided which I like better yet. For sure @ $43 USD the Bette is the cheapest.

Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #351 of 1,258
:cool: aaDee !!! The man himself. You are in a way responsible for this thread, by posting the First pics of the Zircon. Take a Bow. You wouldn't go wrong with either the Bette or Puro they are both superb, I'm still undecided which I like better yet. For sure @ $43 USD the Bette is the cheapest.

Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

:cool: :cool: TWIN
thanks buddy for the link. I've got few questions.
1) Are Bette and i-valux the same? Or different production batch n different sound?
2) People mentioned the bass on Bette is not that impressive. I want to love music and not just flat dead sound.
3)Can we group buy Puro for $50?

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #352 of 1,258
  Zircons are borderline basshead, fun, full sounding headphone. The Mulas are pretty average, I wouldnt bother getting them if your debating tbh. 

True.

I decided to get the Mula's not to compete or better the Zircon's, but to have a lesser of a bass signature that I can work with. I knew what I was buying for less money -It's a no brainer. But others are buying it to compete or better the Zircon's? Why do they think the Mula's sells for less? Overall, with the right tips (or tip-rolling) they bring a good balance and soundstage to most genre of music.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #353 of 1,258
thanks buddy for the link. I've got few questions.
1) Are Bette and i-valux the same? Or different production batch n different sound?
2) People mentioned the bass on Bette is not that impressive. I want to love music and not just flat dead sound.

cool.gif
#1 I don't Know this is why I supplied you with the link to the Original Bette. Plus they are reliable and ship worldwide.
#2 The Bettes can go to 5Hz, WAY lower than you can hear. BURN IN brings in the Bass. Believe it or not I noticed a significant increase in Low end AFTER, (no mistake, this is NOT a Typo), 220 HOURS!!

It has TONS of Bass.

#3 The Group Buy Puro thing? You may want to put out in various threads I bought them for $50, Directly from a source that is connected to Puro, BUT they only ship to the Continental US of A.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #354 of 1,258

You'd have to pay a minimum of US $15 USPS international airmail on top of that and forward shipping companies would put maybe $10 on top of everything so realistically you are talking $75 maybe all-in, unless that ebay seller allows shipping outside USA.

Edit : Maybe someone could get a Puro Sound Labs IEM500 dedicated thread rolling...would be interested in how they compare to ED9 if I missed that.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #355 of 1,258
Just got the Mula in.

First impression: Meh.

It sounded hollow and had little to no impact in its bass presence.

HOWEVER,

I changed up the tips, fitted complys on and EQ-ed a little on my source (PAW 5000), they sound much much better.

They are pretty capable, just very finicky and troublesome.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #356 of 1,258
You'd have to pay a minimum of US $15 USPS international airmail on top of that and forward shipping companies would put maybe $10 on top of everything so realistically you are talking $75 maybe all-in, unless that ebay seller allows shipping outside USA.

Edit : Maybe someone could get a Puro Sound Labs IEM500 dedicated thread rolling...would be interested in how they compare to ED9 if I missed that.
even I would like to read some comparison with ed9read.

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #357 of 1,258
30+ days and counting and still no Zircons... avoid this store  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1711915

The Mula's are kind of blah IMO... I did try foam tips and the sound improved but my ear canals get a little scratchy after an hour or so. I tried some classical music and they probably sounded the best I've heard so maybe they will be good for classical. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #358 of 1,258

500 are way better than ED9, even no comparability

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #359 of 1,258
The 500 looks indentical to the Douza. Has anyone compared those two. I own the douza's and they are a good set of earphones, but nowhere near to sounding like full size cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back