ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,172 of 1,258
  I just looked into those DAP at a thread here and I must say I am impressed. All metal build with same chip as xduoo x2, why not? I feel the K9 is more sleeker so I probably get it. Do you have one yourself bro? 

@farhat yes I have the K9 and I haven't used my X2 since the day I got it. It's an awesome little player.

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #1,175 of 1,258
Once again we are talking my old ears and how I hear these two iem's. No doubt the Zircon is warmer sounding with bass lead.

The ZS3 is more mid centric (especially compared to it's predecessors, OK maybe not the amped version of the ZS1) KZ really worked on getting that heaby bass lead out of the 1 and 2 so the ZS3 is just incredible for the price.

This is a tough one for me as I still like the Zircon but IMO its not quite the iem the ZS3 is. They have such a different SS I would say get one save a little and get the other. I have not shopped either of these fir a while but last I saw you could get both for under $25:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #1,176 of 1,258
Hello if anyone is here, I finally bought and have been using them for 3 weeks. SQ paired with Benjie K9 is good, but the build quality for RZ is ****. Only 1 side can be heard, how do I contact back for a warranty/refund? 

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #1,177 of 1,258
  Hello if anyone is here, I finally bought and have been using them for 3 weeks. SQ paired with Benjie K9 is good, but the build quality for RZ is ****. Only 1 side can be heard, how do I contact back for a warranty/refund? 

That depends where you bought it from.

Haven't used my zircons for a while but at the beginning they had plenty of 'shoved into my pocket' time without any adverse effects.

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #1,180 of 1,258
^lol, these cheap iem guys are getting extremely creative with their gimmicks 
popcorn.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #1,181 of 1,258
Got poisoned reading this thread, and found a local supplier with the Zircon in white (wanted black, but no local suppliers have them, all only carry black..).
Packaging seems to differ from what is being described here. Mine came in a cardboard box, designed for hanging from a display hook. It contains the phones, 3 sets of very nice tips, instructions and a guarantee card. The warranty is one year, and is the reason that I bought local - buying imported versions means no warranty, and even though I got a bargain at USD10 eq. I still prefer a warranty! There is a security hologram on the back, and a QR barcode which when scanned takes you to the manufacturers website and a message "congratulations, you have bought a genuine product" - nice touch.
The finish is very nice, they look a bit rougher on the headphone in Jack, but the earpieces are pretty nice. Very, very comfortable. They weigh very little, while feeling solid, and with the decent tips (medium for my right, small for my sadly deformed left ear. My left ear is why I can only use this shape of earpiece.) feel as close to invisible as earphones can get.
Sound...hmm, was I expecting too much? Probably. That does tend to happen when you read too many subjective opinions, and of course there is always the caveat "for the price" :wink: to fall back on.
In short, out of the box,shrill,shrieky, harsh, deepish lows but nothing spectacular. Mids are invisible. Soundstage is actually quite good. 2 hours later, typing this they seem to have lost a touch of their edge (brain burn-in?) and a touch more bass has revealed itself.
I'm going to give them 48 more hours, on and off the ears and see what happens...at worse they will do for light gym use, but I was hoping for more.
It seems rereading the website that these have been discontinued (?) and replaced by earphones that look like Sydney Opera House, as has been noted above.
Cranking it up a bit,switching between iPod and Fiio m3 and they may have promise...fingers crossed.
Cheers!

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #1,182 of 1,258
Got poisoned reading this thread, and found a local supplier with the Zircon in white (wanted black, but no local suppliers have them, all only carry black..).
Packaging seems to differ from what is being described here. Mine came in a cardboard box, designed for hanging from a display hook. It contains the phones, 3 sets of very nice tips, instructions and a guarantee card. The warranty is one year, and is the reason that I bought local - buying imported versions means no warranty, and even though I got a bargain at USD10 eq. I still prefer a warranty! There is a security hologram on the back, and a QR barcode which when scanned takes you to the manufacturers website and a message "congratulations, you have bought a genuine product" - nice touch.
The finish is very nice, they look a bit rougher on the headphone in Jack, but the earpieces are pretty nice. Very, very comfortable. They weigh very little, while feeling solid, and with the decent tips (medium for my right, small for my sadly deformed left ear. My left ear is why I can only use this shape of earpiece.) feel as close to invisible as earphones can get.
Sound...hmm, was I expecting too much? Probably. That does tend to happen when you read too many subjective opinions, and of course there is always the caveat "for the price"
wink.gif
to fall back on.
In short, out of the box,shrill,shrieky, harsh, deepish lows but nothing spectacular. Mids are invisible. Soundstage is actually quite good. 2 hours later, typing this they seem to have lost a touch of their edge (brain burn-in?) and a touch more bass has revealed itself.
I'm going to give them 48 more hours, on and off the ears and see what happens...at worse they will do for light gym use, but I was hoping for more.
It seems rereading the website that these have been discontinued (?) and replaced by earphones that look like Sydney Opera House, as has been noted above.
Cranking it up a bit,switching between iPod and Fiio m3 and they may have promise...fingers crossed.
Cheers!

Did you read my review? always listen to a pessimist like me when buying headphones 
gs1000.gif

You gotta EQ them to death if you want good results, the problem is the ~2.5K-4K area, lower those frequencies and they sound fun.

Sep 15, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #1,183 of 1,258
Well, if nothing else I've learned that, because yup you do describe the sound as accurately as I hear it. :wink:
It has improved a bit with an afternoons solid listening, bass has tightened but the mids are still..awful is the only word :frowning2: Highs have surprisingly settled a bit but still a bit glassy at high volumes.
Ho hum, maybe I'll try eq and see how much it helps. Or just fall back on my Vsonic GR02BE for now. Supposed to try some Soundmagic E10 tomorrow, but been told they also won't hold up to my Vsonic...
Maybe I'll start reading your reviews because you could call me pessimistic too, LOL.
Cheers for replying.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #1,184 of 1,258
Hmm,
24 hours later, overnight burning.
Still not very impressed. I guess I fell into the obvious trap of FOTM and the surplus (in every sense :wink: ) of overly complimentary reviews. I am sure that "for the price" (oh how I hate that phrase!) some might see these as respectable sound but for my ears, and measuring against my old Klipsch S4s ( which I recognize as decent, but not to my taste) my current faves, Vsonic GR02BE, and a hodge-podge of old beaters at various price points, these sound hollow, glassy and unbalanced.
If I listen at less than 50% volume on my iPod they have some nice bass, and decent clarity but miss out so much on the mids as to be not worth the time. I've tried multiple tip options, I don't like to EQ anything if I don't have to, yet even with all that work I'd give these a 6/10 if generous.
"For the price", yeah, you get what you pay for, nothing of value comes cheap - think long and hard whether you'd rather have a decent burger than something that will end up lining a landfill somewhere - and probably forever because this material isn't biodegradable IMHO :wink:. The saving grace for me would be the mic, I don't actually own any earphones with a mic, but the mic quality is not stellar either. Sadly, these go into the drawer probably for good. :frowning2:

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #1,185 of 1,258
Hmm,
24 hours later, overnight burning.
Still not very impressed. I guess I fell into the obvious trap of FOTM and the surplus (in every sense
wink.gif
) of overly complimentary reviews. I am sure that "for the price" (oh how I hate that phrase!) some might see these as respectable sound but for my ears, and measuring against my old Klipsch S4s ( which I recognize as decent, but not to my taste) my current faves, Vsonic GR02BE, and a hodge-podge of old beaters at various price points, these sound hollow, glassy and unbalanced.
If I listen at less than 50% volume on my iPod they have some nice bass, and decent clarity but miss out so much on the mids as to be not worth the time. I've tried multiple tip options, I don't like to EQ anything if I don't have to, yet even with all that work I'd give these a 6/10 if generous.
"For the price", yeah, you get what you pay for, nothing of value comes cheap - think long and hard whether you'd rather have a decent burger than something that will end up lining a landfill somewhere - and probably forever because this material isn't biodegradable IMHO
wink.gif
. The saving grace for me would be the mic, I don't actually own any earphones with a mic, but the mic quality is not stellar either. Sadly, these go into the drawer probably for good.
frown.gif

The problem is people are too afraid or don't bother leaving a negative review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back