ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
May 27, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #1,126 of 1,258
  How are they for metal\electric guitars?

Funny that you mention that as at my sons last school soccer game last week I was listening to so Ronnie James Dio and simply thrashing on Rainbow in the dark when my friend two seats over was yelling at me and finally had to hit my shoulders to draw my attention. My Zircon's were in the zone not to mention myself
biggrin.gif
I love all my metal guitars, Blackmore, Bolin, Lifeson, Iommi, Slash, Hammett, Eddie, Angus and  Yngwie
wink_face.gif
Even my more melodic players like Satriani and Eric Johnson sound excellent on the Zircon's
beerchug.gif

May 27, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,127 of 1,258
ttpod t1e vs rock zircon is kinda subjective. There are many people who loves ttpod and many hates. but if you are habituated with ttpod offerings u wont pick any thing. i use it over my ie80 for everyday use that doesnt mean ie80 is a par down. I like the ttpod t1e as they are cheap, well sounded, not too bassy, good soundstage with separation and imaging. So i avoid ie80 for keeping it safe from my raugh usage.

i owned a zircon (i sold it though) zircon has more bass and tightness than ttpod has. but mid the less engaging then ttpod. and high in zircon will get 18 where ttpod will get 20. ttpod creates more isolation than zircon does. after all these all are my personal opinions.

The higher mids are what troubles me the most about the ttpods, their high mids can't deal with female vocals,electric guitars or any high octave of most musical instruments without piercing my ears and sounding cheap.

I just wonder if the Rock Zircon is better in that regard...

May 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #1,128 of 1,258

Funny that you mention that as at my sons last school soccer game last week I was listening to so Ronnie James Dio and simply thrashing on Rainbow in the dark when my friend two seats over was yelling at me and finally had to hit my shoulders to draw my attention. My Zircon's were in the zone not to mention myself
biggrin.gif
I love all my metal guitars, Blackmore, Bolin, Lifeson, Iommi, Slash, Hammett, Eddie, Angus and  Yngwie
wink_face.gif
Even my more melodic players like Satriani and Eric Johnson sound excellent on the Zircon's
beerchug.gif

Yes! Satriani! give me an IEM that will make me appreciate the sound of his guitars without making me deaf
confused_face.gif

Can you please check his challenging songs "Redshift Riders" and "Premonition" and tell me honestly how they sound on Zircon with no EQ or filters?? i'll upload the samples if you don't have the songs.
gs1000.gif

May 29, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #1,129 of 1,258
The higher mids are what troubles me the most about the ttpods, their high mids can't deal with female vocals,electric guitars or any high octave of most musical instruments without piercing my ears and sounding cheap.

I just wonder if the Rock Zircon is better in that regard...

I havent face any that you have said. and again things are subjective here. But who knows, zircon may amaze you. <3 for 10-13$ its a no brainer.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #1,130 of 1,258
I'm new here, and have a small budget with the desire to have great audio.  I was looking for some 30-50$ in ears, and man what a massive land to explore in the budget headphone group.  I noticed the Klipsch X4i on sale for 40$ on Buydig via eBay, but I passed them up due to many negative reviews.  I was wondering how they would compare at 40$ instead of the 100-150$ range they are supposed to be in.

Today I stumbled across the Rock Zircon, and ActionPie VJJB-V1 (Dual Driver).  I went to banggood.com where I recently ordered a Chuwi tablet, and I got both for just over 30$. 

Can anybody tell me how these compare with each other?  Everybody seems to go on and on over these, but from a critical review how do they stack up?  I'm wondering if these will leave me still wanting to explore the land of higher end in ears?  I mostly will be using them for casual music(New age, Classical, Techno, Rock, Contemporary) and some video.  

Thanks

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #1,132 of 1,258
  I noticed that people who buy the white Zircons give better reviews than the ones who buy the Black Zircons.

Coincidence? 

Dang, only reason I went black was my X7 was white
blink.gif
Maybe I should have bought these in the opposite color
redface.gif
I love the Zircon's for errand running and sports events
wink_face.gif
Call this shot Little Big Tunes
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #1,133 of 1,258
  I noticed that people who buy the white Zircons give better reviews than the ones who buy the Black Zircons.

Coincidence? 

I tested a friend's white pair the other day and I immediately thought they sounded much brighter than mine. Could be mistaken though as I haven't used mine in about a month.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #1,134 of 1,258
  I tested a friend's white pair the other day and I immediately thought they sounded much brighter than mine. Could be mistaken though as I haven't used mine in about a month.

Is this a test Crabby? Of course white is brighter
popcorn.gif
LOL

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,135 of 1,258

Is this a test Crabby? Of course white is brighter
popcorn.gif
LOL

The SOUND! haha 
tongue_smile.gif
 Honestly though, first thing I noticed was the treble coming through. I'd check mine for reference but my work is crazy at the moment and I'm too tired to dig them out.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,136 of 1,258

Yea, that's the impression i got!
ppl who bought black talk about overpowering bass and muffled mids while ppl who bought white talk about clarity and not enough bass.

lol, maybe it's just me.

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #1,137 of 1,258
Okay so I pulled my Zircon out to have a listen and they're brighter than I remembered. I guess I was just remembering their incredible bass more than anything else but their detail and highs are pretty good. The bass is undoubtedly the star of the show but the rest holds up valiantly. Still one of the best value for money IEMs I have ever bought considering you get a retail box, S M L tips, excellent build quality, plus an outstanding cable and plug. 
basshead.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #1,139 of 1,258
man, i wish they sell the tips separately, preferably same price as kz whirlwind... i mean part of zircon awesomeness is the tips

So true. I have 3 pairs of the large ones now thanks to a friend who bought them and uses the small size and a head-fi member who kindly sent me a little bag of large tips. I was going to buy another zircon just for tips but fortunately it didn't come to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back