Rock Jaw Wants to Know....Your Ideal Earphone Design
Mar 20, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #16 of 88
ie800 sound with better fit and better cables. 

Bass should be good, very very fast, extreme texture. 

Mids should be sweet and natural, very fast, extreme texture. 

Treble should be pronounced, energetic, sparkly. 

Very large soundstage, very good separation between instruments. 

design should be small so it works with most ears. 

Don't make the cables too heavy. 

This is what is most important in a IEM in my perspective. 

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #17 of 88
The IE800 takes some beating esp as it has only 1 balanced armature driver. The extra wide band transducer is the magic they did with it all in house and top secret. I think you could probably replicate it with a hybrid design or a vented design or a combination of both. Interestingly too it has a ceramic housing and in house tips. Change the shell to a Westone/Lear/JH/Noble shape or even that incredible looking iSine design and you could be onto something

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #18 of 88
The IE800 takes some beating esp as it has only 1 balanced armature driver. The extra wide band transducer is the magic they did with it all in house and top secret. I think you could probably replicate it with a hybrid design or a vented design or a combination of both. Interestingly too it has a ceramic housing and in house tips. Change the shell to a Westone/Lear/JH/Noble shape or even that incredible looking iSine design and you could be onto something

incredible looking iSine

On a serious note, it looks very uncfomfortable. Haven't tried them, but I really prefer very small and supple IEMs like ie800. 

Ie800 is not closed nor vented, it features helmholtz resonators - a technology not necessarily unique - but implemented well by Senn. 

To this date, I do prefer single dynamic design, but I'm always open to hear more. 

Also, I only want the sound and form factor of the IEM canal being supple, not necessarily one driver, but a sound that matches the ie800 sound. Maybe with multiple drivers they can get the sound even better, who knows? I have heard a few multiple driver and BA IEMs, not one surpassed ie800 yet. Looking forward to hearing something better, I love this hobby 
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #20 of 88
  Thanks.

How many of you prefer IEM (in ear/ canal monitor) to that of the design or similar of the ie800?(earbud)

This would be interesting to know :)

Ie800 is not earbud 
eek.gif

In ear designs are much better if done right - buds are incompatible with some people's ear shapes - for example with mine. I can't wear buds for 15 seconds before they fall. Buds are uncomfortable, but there are normal IEMs that are uncomfortable - the point I made earlier was to take care to make the pipe as small as possible. Ie80 from Sennheiser doesn't fit right in my ears - and I have one for a long time now - but ie800 fits very well. 

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #21 of 88
Ie800 is not earbud :eek:

In ear designs are much better if done right - buds are incompatible with some people's ear shapes - for example with mine. I can't wear buds for 15 seconds before they fall. Buds are uncomfortable, but there are normal IEMs that are uncomfortable - the point I made earlier was to take care to make the pipe as small as possible. Ie80 from Sennheiser doesn't fit right in my ears - and I have one for a long time now - but ie800 fits very well. 

:)

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #22 of 88
Ie800 is not earbud :eek:

Looks can be deceiving. Lol.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #24 of 88
The IEM that I tend to keep going back to is the Kommand, yes, I must be one of the few but I like them a lot! But, to improve upon them, a bit more midrange, bit like the Fidue A73 but with some bass welly. Apart from the hook affair, the Kommand I find comfortable, I am the wrong end of 50 now and my hearing is deteriorating so for me and those in a similar situation, a bit of lift in the mid and treble ranges are a god send. Want something radical, make a kit headphone, several types of head band, different styles of adjusters, different sizes of cups with all sorts of materials, wood, metal, plastic , vented, unvented, open, semi open, closed etc. Drivers in different sizes, 20mm, 30mm, up to 50mm drivers, a selection of mounting membranes, metal, plastic, suspended and of course an assortment of ear pads, leather, plastic, felt, to name but a few.
IEM's need to have a detachable cable, good selection of tips and a method by which the sound can be trimmed slightly to suit the individual. They all have their various attributes, single driver, multiple driver, BA or dynamic drivers, some new ideas need to be brought forward, how about a dual driver with a dynamic outer diaphragm with a BA set into the middle? Just some daft ideas.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #25 of 88
The IEM that I tend to keep going back to is the Kommand, yes, I must be one of the few but I like them a lot! But, to improve upon them, a bit more midrange, bit like the Fidue A73 but with some bass welly. Apart from the hook affair, the Kommand I find comfortable, I am the wrong end of 50 now and my hearing is deteriorating so for me and those in a similar situation, a bit of lift in the mid and treble ranges are a god send. Want something radical, make a kit headphone, several types of head band, different styles of adjusters, different sizes of cups with all sorts of materials, wood, metal, plastic , vented, unvented, open, semi open, closed etc. Drivers in different sizes, 20mm, 30mm, up to 50mm drivers, a selection of mounting membranes, metal, plastic, suspended and of course an assortment of ear pads, leather, plastic, felt, to name but a few.
IEM's need to have a detachable cable, good selection of tips and a method by which the sound can be trimmed slightly to suit the individual. They all have their various attributes, single driver, multiple driver, BA or dynamic drivers, some new ideas need to be brought forward, how about a dual driver with a dynamic outer diaphragm with a BA set into the middle? Just some daft ideas.

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback Dicky-mint.

FYI. You should love our new Resonate based on what you mentioned above.

The Kommands replacement. We listened to feedback on the Kommand from previous customers who purchased Kommand previously.

https://rockjawaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/resonate

We spent a long time getting it right.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #26 of 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back