Roast Beef is the guy who sucks
Feb 4, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #47 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The heck? Redshifter's picked up another custom title from this thread. Is there no stopping the man?

just try to stop me!
etysmile.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you so much.

you are very welcome!
etysmile.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #51 of 59
Nice to see some Achewood discussion in a place rather unrelated to webcomics!
It's a favourite of mine, the humour lacks punchlines almost all the time but is always better for it. It's more about the odd situations and character flaws than standard jokes. When there are jokes they're come in at a strange angle and can take a minute to sink in (ex: "I'm the guy who sucks/plus I got depression").
The character Ray Smuckles is a nice parody of a naive audiophile - he's overly wealthy and has a home security system just to protect his "Harman Kardons." There's a whole story arc about that.
Everyone who I've turned on to Achewood has never gotten it at first, but was nonetheless compelled to read all the archives. Then after a while it "clicked" with them and they understood the jokes. It's a situational thing, maybe?
I was also happy to see Shmorky (Dave Kelly) mentioned here to. I have a drawing of his from 2002 on my wall and I'm glad he's getting a bit of a following!

Also, 1st post. Hi everybody!

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperFnord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to see some Achewood discussion in a place rather unrelated to webcomics!
It's a favourite of mine, the humour lacks punchlines almost all the time but is always better for it. It's more about the odd situations and character flaws than standard jokes. When there are jokes they're come in at a strange angle and can take a minute to sink in (ex: "I'm the guy who sucks/plus I got depression").
The character Ray Smuckles is a nice parody of a naive audiophile - he's overly wealthy and has a home security system just to protect his "Harman Kardons." There's a whole story arc about that.
Everyone who I've turned on to Achewood has never gotten it at first, but was nonetheless compelled to read all the archives. Then after a while it "clicked" with them and they understood the jokes. It's a situational thing, maybe?
I was also happy to see Shmorky (Dave Kelly) mentioned here to. I have a drawing of his from 2002 on my wall and I'm glad he's getting a bit of a following!

Also, 1st post. Hi everybody!

welcome!!! you know shmorky?! do you have a pic of that drawing?

Feb 5, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #53 of 59
I think I brought your thread back to life... only to have it turn out to be a zombie of constant pain and anguish. Sorry, redshifter.

P.S. I always liked Men in Hats:

20021120.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always been a huge fan of Perry Bible Fellowship.

The QPI one is my personal favorite
cool.gif

what's a "qpi"?

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #55 of 59
Bumping this thread to say thanks redshifter!

I was searching for an old thread I posted in and stumbled across this one. I took the advice you gave me and started at the beginning (half a year later, better late than never).

Anyway, you just have to start at the beginning and read through about twenty or so of them to get a good feel for it.

It's RIGHT up my alley. THANKS!

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #56 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was searching for an old thread I posted in and stumbled across this one. I took the advice you gave me and started at the beginning (half a year later, better late than never).

Anyway, you just have to start at the beginning and read through about twenty or so of them to get a good feel for it.

Why were you searching for "Roast Beef" and "suck"?

Anyway, it's great stuff, isn't it!

Thanks multiplied by two, Shedretfir.

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #57 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's a "qpi"?

Oh haha, redshifter I never got to answer your question from months ago!

"QPI" stood for "Quick People Incorporated."

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #58 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are all welcome. Don't forget to hover over the comic to read the alt-text, and to read the blogs, especially Nice Pete's blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back