RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Oct 21, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #5,747 of 5,998
Thanks guys, RME support told me it doesn't switch off automatically so I'm glad I asked here as well. Sorted now. I always do RTFM to get the most out of my equipment but there's a lot to read and a steep learning curve with this wonderful beast.
It is a big manual, but I love the flexibility that the ADI-2 DAC FS gives me with headphones. The EQ is very well implemented and I love that I can EQ my headphones from any source, not just those with a good PEQ. Be aware that some settings will impact the sound if you get it wrong so read about them before changing them.

Oct 22, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #5,748 of 5,998
Oct 24, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #5,750 of 5,998
Has anyone read or seen any review of the new RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE? From what I understand, it has a RIAA stage and balanced 4.4 mm Pentaconn, but I have not read whether the amplifier is more powerful.

Oct 25, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #5,751 of 5,998
Has anyone read or seen any review of the new RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE? From what I understand, it has a RIAA stage and balanced 4.4 mm Pentaconn, but I have not read whether the amplifier is more powerful.
This information is available from RME or any dealer's product page:
RME’s developed Extreme Power headphone stage is now further improved and delivers incredible more powerful headphone outputs (2.1 Watts unbalanced, 3.4 Watts balanced at 32 Ohms, per channel). With a Special IEM mode, the Lower noise Extreme Power design adds additional IEM power states (High power, Low power, IEM) for full IEM compatibility.

Oct 25, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #5,753 of 5,998
Oct 31, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #5,754 of 5,998
This might be the wrong thread for this but- I have a Eversolo DMP-A6 using the USB out into the RME and I'm wondering which DAC is doing the converting. I'm assuming its the A6 but maybe not, maybe the signal is being converted twice? Once by each DAC?

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #5,755 of 5,998
This might be the wrong thread for this but- I have a Eversolo DMP-A6 using the USB out into the RME and I'm wondering which DAC is doing the converting. I'm assuming its the A6 but maybe not, maybe the signal is being converted twice? Once by each DAC?
Looks like RME is doing the DAC work according to Eversolo's manual
1698801285995.png

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #5,756 of 5,998
If the signal from Eversolo is digital (and USB is) then it can't be doing conversion. RME receives digital signal just like if you connected it to PC.

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #5,757 of 5,998
Ok thanks - so my next question is would there be a way to hook up these 2 componats where the Eversolo would do the conversion ?

I was under the impression that since this is not a digital to analogue connection the Eversolo would need to convert and since it is really a digital to digital then it would get converted twice- once by each.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #5,758 of 5,998
I love my RME-ADI 2 however I really want a more powerful balanced amp for edge case headphones like the HE6 and such. I have been on the fence about getting a Violectric amp for a long time, not sure if they are worth the money. The new Schiit Midgard looks great too, and at $210 its cheap.

Anyone got a balanced amp with a lot of power to compliment the RME ADI-2? What did you settle on? Any issues or regrets?

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #5,759 of 5,998
I love my RME-ADI 2 however I really want a more powerful balanced amp for edge case headphones like the HE6 and such. I have been on the fence about getting a Violectric amp for a long time, not sure if they are worth the money. The new Schiit Midgard looks great too, and at $210 its cheap.

Anyone got a balanced amp with a lot of power to compliment the RME ADI-2? What did you settle on? Any issues or regrets?
How about 3.4 Watt balanced into 32 Ohm of the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE (2500 usd)?
https://www.rme-audio.de/adi-2-4-pro-se.html

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #5,760 of 5,998
Ok thanks - so my next question is would there be a way to hook up these 2 componats where the Eversolo would do the conversion ?

I was under the impression that since this is not a digital to analogue connection the Eversolo would need to convert and since it is really a digital to digital then it would get converted twice- once by each.
I'm not sure what are you trying to achieve by that. You can't send converted digital to analogue signal from Eversolo to RME because RME doesn't have analogue inputs, and its headphone amp is mediocre at most anyway so there would be no reason to use it as an amp-only even if that possibility had existed.
When you connect Eversolo to RME you just use its streamer, not the DAC portion of the Eversolo. That being said I compared DAC-Z8 (which is supposed to be superior in dac section than DMP-A6 I believe) with RME and found RME to be better DAC overall.
If you need DSP processor then you might need to look into some of miniDSP offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back