RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Oct 5, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #4,516 of 6,034
I am thinking of getting this for some Adam A5X speakers and HD 660s. I rarely use the headphones but will the RME mute the XLR (and RCA) outputs to the speakers if you plug in headphones automatically? Also can you leave the headphones plugged in and just switch between outputs? I was thinking of a Schiit Jot 2 but I like that the RME has the option of Optical or USB inputs. ( MY Fiio K5 Pro has brutal noise from my PC with USB or Optical but I am a little nervous only getting a DAC with USB input).
Also does anyone know what the warranty period is in Canada by chance. I couldn't see a specific length in the RME manual.
My RME AIO doesn't mutes the other output (XLR or RCA) when you plug a headphone in the phones output, you can have both sounding at the same time.

Yes you can switch between outputs (with my RME AIO).

RME European so by European law they have at least 2 years warranty, so I suggest you to buy it from them so you can get at least 2 years in case that in Canada gives just one year.

Oct 5, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #4,517 of 6,034
My RME AIO doesn't mutes the other output (XLR or RCA) when you plug a headphone in the phones output, you can have both sounding at the same time.

Yes you can switch between outputs (with my RME AIO).

RME European so by European law they have at least 2 years warranty, so I suggest you to buy it from them so you can get at least 2 years in case that in Canada gives just one year.
@valkyrieorion you can turn toggling between phones/line on or off (i.e. you can set it to mute or not mute line out when headphones are plugged in). It is configured in settings (i believe the setting is called mute line).

Oct 5, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #4,518 of 6,034
@valkyrieorion you can turn toggling between phones/line on or off (i.e. you can set it to mute or not mute line out when headphones are plugged in). It is configured in settings (i believe the setting is called mute line).
Thank you both for confirming and informative responses. I did get an email from the Canadian distributor already this morning and it is a 2 year warranty in Canada also.

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #4,521 of 6,034
Will the RME power a pair of DCA Closed Backs's ok?
Although some may disagree, I find rme powers my HD800s just fine. The rme has a good amp section.

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #4,522 of 6,034
Does anyone know what this flash update does:
Date 2021-09-30

Mac OS Flash Update Tool for MADIface XT/USB/Pro, OctaMic XTC, ADI-2 Pro Series & DAC, Digiface USB/Dante, UFX II

Update to version MADIface XT: 191/56/42, USB: 25, Pro 73. OctaMic XTC: 47/26. ADI-2 Pro: 254/102, ADI-2 DAC: 66/41, Digiface USB: 18, Dante: 39, UFX II: 22/14/9.
2021-09-30
fut_madiface_mac.zip

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #4,523 of 6,034
Although some may disagree, I find rme powers my HD800s just fine. The rme has a good amp section.
RME has a decent amp section if your budget for a DAC and amp is below 1K. If you can double that, the improvements will be obvious: tighter, cleaner bass and overall sound, better staging, more air and instrument separation, better dynamics and so on. Of course, whether if it is worth it, comes down to the individual.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #4,524 of 6,034
Will the RME power a pair of DCA Closed Backs's ok?
Drives my Aeon 2 Noire just fine. I am usually at -58 to -55 volume in lo-power mode (with the caveat that I think I tend to listen at lower volume than most).

Oct 7, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #4,528 of 6,034
My RME is incredible with my Focal Clear MG.

i use the EQ to slightly increase low end base and reduce 2k-4k.
+1db Base and -1db Treble.

it is excellent.
used this but 2,5db (og Clears), excelent pairing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back