RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Apr 1, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #2,162 of 6,034
I'd love to hear a Chord Hugo TT 2 sometime, sounds intriguing! But in the meantime, I still really love the ADI-2.

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #2,163 of 6,034
I am considering the RME pro model because of the true balanced output.

Thoughts opinions I’ve read about 50 pages and it looks like most people are happy, I think for me it is the ability to use the equalizer that is a big sale and the neutrality

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #2,164 of 6,034
I am considering the RME pro model because of the true balanced output.

Thoughts opinions I’ve read about 50 pages and it looks like most people are happy, I think for me it is the ability to use the equalizer that is a big sale and the neutrality
Seems like people are happy with the Pro model from what I've read as well. My personal preference for IEMs is why I chose to go with the non-Pro model... I'm hoping that IEM output lives up to the hype.

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #2,166 of 6,034
Let's see - the RME Pro FS is $1700. The Chord TT2 is $5500.
Not even a fair comparison and I'd be very concerned if the TT2 didnt sound better given the price.

A better comparison would be the RME vs the Hugo 2. Even then the Hugo 2 is $2500 vs $1700 for the RME. Having owned both, I much preferred the RME and sold the Hugo 2. Its not even close imo. The RME was the better sounding unit by a large margin to my ears.

Apr 4, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #2,168 of 6,034
Is the regular version powerful enough to drive the Arya's or would the Pro be needed? I've been reading conflicting views.

EDIT: I'm tempted to get the RME just for the dac and SQ options and then pair it with something like the SPL Phonitor XE for an endgame setup. But I hate the idea of spending more on an amp than the headphone, for I strongly feel the headphone makes the most difference in sound.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #2,172 of 6,034
Apr 6, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #2,174 of 6,034
Sound quality alone, which has the highest resolution, transparency?
Which has the less shouty, fatiguing sound?
The RME sounds more neutral to me but less dynamic and less accurate in imaging than Hugo. That are the main differences I hear.

In terms of resolution and transparency they are both on par, as long as you don’t apply any oversampling. But if you do I hear a slight benefit on the ADI.
These devices both don’t shouty but I can listen longer to the Chord.

If you are going to use these units alone with no external amp behind it, I would recommend the Hugo (and if price is no object here). The amp is a lot better (but hisses slightly with sensitive IEMs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back