RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jul 27, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #361 of 6,005
Jul 27, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #363 of 6,005
Jul 27, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #364 of 6,005
Jul 30, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #365 of 6,005
Anyone run a decent tube amp hooked up to this little marvel?
I was looking into Woo Audio, seems like a good system.
Anyone try it for the synergy with the ADI?

Jul 30, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #366 of 6,005
Anyone run a decent tube amp hooked up to this little marvel?
I was looking into Woo Audio, seems like a good system.
Anyone try it for the synergy with the ADI?

I'd love to read about impressions on an ADI-2 -> Woo Audio setup.

I use the ADI-2 to an iFi iCan Pro to a pair of HD800, and enjoy it for classical orchestral music, but for all other headphones, I connect directly to the ADI-2.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #367 of 6,005
Quick question for ADI-2DAC's owners:

Did your unit arrive in plastic wrap? Mine is, but the plastic bag containing the cable is ripped open, with the cable taken out. Also, the DAC is not in its default setting, suggesting someone played with it and put it back in the box. Add to the fact that the seller have four negative feedback over the past 12 months of selling used unit as new, I suspect that they sold me an open-box unit, but then wrap it in plastic and sold it as new.

Sorry for the off-topic question but I would appreciate feedback! Thanks!
Which seller did you order from? so that I'll avoid this seller. Thanks.

Jul 31, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #370 of 6,005
I,m in the US too. May I ask how much they charged you totally including shipping? Are you also satisfied with your purchase from this seller?

$930 with overnight shipping from Great Britain included. Ordered in the morning and it was on my doorstep the next morning. Just remember that it will come with the euro style power plug. I got an American plug from Bestbuy that morning for $9.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #371 of 6,005
Does anyone have observations / opinions on the "very special IEM output" (RME's words)? Especially in comparison to the Pro's balanced output possibilities.

I'm considering getting one but part of the draw for me is the recording side of the Pro... am I going to feel I'm missing something when listening with iems (which is probably what I'd use it for the most). Flares Gold / Flares Pro are my iems..

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #372 of 6,005
Does anyone have observations / opinions on the "very special IEM output" (RME's words)? Especially in comparison to the Pro's balanced output possibilities.

I'm considering getting one but part of the draw for me is the recording side of the Pro... am I going to feel I'm missing something when listening with iems (which is probably what I'd use it for the most). Flares Gold / Flares Pro are my iems..

As far as I know, it's specialty is being a super quiet jack. The noise floor is so low that highly sensitive IEMs can get pretty loud without having a noise floor distracting the listener. The only sensitive IEMs I have are the KSE1200's, which run through an amp, so I'm not sure I could hear a noise floor. But, that's what I seem to recall reading about.

Aug 7, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #374 of 6,005
I bought from Zenproaudio, no issues, good customer service. They mistakenly sent me one with a European style plug, and rush shipped the US. They said the distributor sent them the wrong version, but they also shipped out the US cable within a week.

But I think they're all pretty good. B&H has great return policies, and I've purchased gear from Sweetwater before and had no issues. GuitarCenter and Reverb both seem to have a good rep, but I've never purchased from those places.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back